ADVERTISEMENT

Painter’s news conference

BNIBoiler

All-American
Jun 10, 2018
Folks on this board have talked about the press conference with Coach Painter. It said that he called out a player without naming the player. I missed the press conference. What did Painter say?

He covered that in his radio show this past Monday evening. He stated that he was referring to "himself" as he remembers being in the shoes of the current players. He was not calling out ANY of the current team members. He is trying to get their attention for a complete commitment by team members to buy into the system he is employing on both offense and defense. The only thing I recall he mentioned as a specific issue is that the entire team can play harder. That doesn't mean the players are not playing hard, just that they can play harder and do it as a team.

This means to me he is not settling for the output of the team and individuals as it is now. It sounds to me as he and the assistants are working very hard to improve the output of the individuals and team as a whole. I will give him this and not to be someone looking at the rainbows. He recognizes all the things that we as fans see in our team, including the output they are capable of. Most of these players are very young meaning freshman and sophomores. It turns out they are in the spot light during their times to learn the fine details of the system. The last graduating class had the same problems when they were under-classmen. We were on this board saying the exact same thing we are saying now. So now we are in position to watch to see if this group can eventually reach the level of the group that just graduated. That means patience is golden, just as when we raised our own kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT