ADVERTISEMENT

Our OL got bitch-slapped on almost every play

And the reason for those turnovers is usually because he forces the ball to his first option. I wonder why that is……. duh, it just might be because he is about to get sacked because our line is sh!t.
If you go back to look at the INTs, you'll see one where he forced it to Bell, who was blanketed by the CB. On that play, he wasn't being pressured. The pocket was clean. He just made a piss poor decision.

On another INT he tried to lob it to an open guy (think it was Doerue) and simply tossed it over his head right to the linebacker or safety. He was trying to be a hero instead of throwing it away. At that point, we were close to the red zone, which was devastating.

Not sure why people are making excuses for him? He currently has more INTs than TDs. Today he pretty much single handedly lost the game for Purdue...

If you go back to look at the INTs, you'll see one where he forced it to Bell, who was blanketed by the CB. On that play, he wasn't being pressured. The pocket was clean. He just made a piss poor decision.

On another INT he tried to lob it to an open guy (think it was Doerue) and simply tossed it over his head right to the linebacker or safety. He was trying to be a hero instead of throwing it away. At that point, we were close to the red zone, which was devastating.

Not sure why people are making excuses for him? He currently has more INTs than TDs. Today he pretty much single handedly lost the game for Purdue...

We were on the Wisconsin 29 yard line. Making it a 46 yd field goal try. Could've been 41 had Hartwig not had that absolutely awful false start out of the time out making it 3rd and 11.

Perhaps maybe why O'Connell was trying to make a play. Had him, just awful throw.

Reactions: purduepat1969
My question is, is Alaimo so raw that he can’t get around any of the three I’m watching to get a shot? He is now 2 years removed from a 4* Rivals ranking and nothing. The only person I’d trust an opinion on this is Dandelion cuz I think he’s seen more of him than any of us.

Lean in…

it’s not the quarterback dude lol
Eh, yesterday QB play was atrocious. All of it/them. On the whole, QB play has been average to good and not necessarily why we were losing. OL play and QB play is why we got trounced yesterday

Reactions: DAG10
Eh, yesterday QB play was atrocious. All of it/them. On the whole, QB play has been average to good and not necessarily why we were losing. OL play and QB play is why we got trounced yesterday
18, he didn’t have a good game but I think he’s still a good QB. Remember .. Blough looked like crap the two games after Ohio state because Minnesota and Michigan states defense were just physically superior and we couldn’t run the football

Also, Wisconsin is the only big ten defense besides ours in the top 20 in the nation. Good chance he plays exactly the same against Nebraska and it’s just a “meh” performance.

I got news for everyone… they run this OL and running game out there (without David bell) and even if Brady Allen is the real deal in a few years there’s gonna be a lot of days where it just doesn’t happen … HELL SOMETIMES you’re good up abs down the lineup and you play an elite team and it’s really hard to do anything…

can you imagine that game subbing out that OL for whatever the F this Mickey Mouse shit is supposed to be?

Lean in…

it’s not the quarterback dude lol

What are you talking about... Based on today's results Patrick Mahomes is a terrible QB as well!!!

Lol no I'm not comparing O'Connell to Mahomes but when the offensive line sux it makes the QB look poor. When it's good like the Iowa game it allows QB to shine. It's not that hard.... Also a reason for years any QB that played against Purdue looked all world... Cause there was no pressure at all coming through their line

What are you talking about... Based on today's results Patrick Mahomes is a terrible QB as well!!!

Lol no I'm not comparing O'Connell to Mahomes but when the offensive line sux it makes the QB look poor. When it's good like the Iowa game it allows QB to shine. It's not that hard.... Also a reason for years any QB that played against Purdue looked all world... Cause there was no pressure at all coming through their line
Uh I agree with you.. people are mad that Oconnell threw for 371 vs Minnesota but wasn’t able to turn into Tommie Frazier in the red zone

Reactions: BigTimeAt69
My question is, is Alaimo so raw that he can’t get around any of the three I’m watching to get a shot? He is now 2 years removed from a 4* Rivals ranking and nothing. The only person I’d trust an opinion on this is Dandelion cuz I think he’s seen more of him than any of us.
If he has not seen the field by now or at this point...more so given those that have and the shortcomings possessed and on display...hard to imagine him seeing it barring some roster moves (possible) and guys ahead of him that remain just not performing...and, if that is what happens and he is still behind those guys somehow, it is difficult to see him making a difference regardless. If the OL continues to be as bad as it is, I don't know that it matters at all who lines up behind it.

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT