ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tom Allen on in-state recruiting

Kind of funny...the guy's from New Castle and no one has heard of him. Bloomington cowboy....all hat/no cattle.

Go check out their forum.

They get into a word salad that’s heavy on the BS dressing about being 2-22 against the big four in the east. Then someone points out that their wins against the West the last six years are two v. Illinois and 4 v Hazell, and some genius says if they can just play better against the West, they will go to a bowl.

Reading it will reverse your breathing momentarily

They also can’t seem to grasp that Cronk had a good chance of transferring to Purdue before it ended up not happening. They though it was never happening which was false.

Lol. I bet Bell and Karlaftis would laugh reading that.
Maybe Bell can shout that to their sidelines as he is running down the sidelines as he is scoring a TD against their porous secondary this year at Ross Ade. Karlaftis can shout that to their QB as he drives them into the turf for another sack.

I love how they schedule every year one of the easiest preconference schedules in the Big Ten, and they got 3-1 or close to it. Every year after such a great start, the talk is that this is the year we go to a bowl, and we all know what happens when the final win total for the season is tallied.

Wouldn't you want your coach to have this perspective? If Allen isn't working to build a program that expects to win, then he's the wrong guy.

Of course saying it and doing it are two different things, but you have to believe it if you expect to accomplish it.

Reactions: northside100
Wouldn't you want your coach to have this perspective? If Allen isn't working to build a program that expects to win, then he's the wrong guy.

Of course saying it and doing it are two different things, but you have to believe it if you expect to accomplish it.

I met with an IU friend today and he asked if I heard the comment he made. Even he was laughing at the ridiculousness of the statement.

If IU can get all of their players academically eligible, they will improve. If they they can’t, then they will struggle. Allen is trying to hype his guys up and get credibility. It didn’t work, but at least he tried.

Go check out their forum.

They get into a word salad that’s heavy on the BS dressing about being 2-22 against the big four in the east. Then someone points out that their wins against the West the last six years are two v. Illinois and 4 v Hazell, and some genius says if they can just play better against the West, they will go to a bowl.

Reading it will reverse your breathing momentarily
Found this on Twitter the other day:

My response:

I actually got to see the press conference done by Allen yesterday. He was talking about reading more books this offseason. Was one of them Coaching for Dummies?

Found this on Twitter the other day:

My response:

giphy.gif

I love how they schedule every year one of the easiest preconference schedules in the Big Ten, and they got 3-1 or close to it. Every year after such a great start, the talk is that this is the year we go to a bowl, and we all know what happens when the final win total for the season is tallied.

Well, IU's out-of-conference opponents for this year finished 133rd, 180th, and 189th in the Sagarin Computer Ratings last year.

They should be embarrassed.

As if being an IU fan isn't embarrassing enough.

IU plays three cupcakes in non conference. Get their heads caved in against any team with a pulse then bitch about how hard the East is.

Maybe if they played tough teams early on, it would make them better in conference.

You can’t tell me that Purdue’s competitive loss against Louisville didn’t help them against Mizz in 2017

Or that the Missouri loss in 2018 didn’t help versus BC, Iowa and OSU

Reactions: Roeder
Well, IU's out-of-conference opponents for this year finished 133rd, 180th, and 189th in the Sagarin Computer Ratings last year.

They should be embarrassed.

As if being an IU fan isn't embarrassing enough.
What’s even more embarrassing is they employ this strategy across many of their sports. Their volleyball team schedules cupcakes and hopes to slip into the rankings with a nice record, then they get destroyed by everyone else in the B1G.

Fun Facts That Make Allen's Comments Look Even More Pathetic/Ludicrous/Ignorant:

IU has NEVER had a football coach who ended his career with a winning B10 record.

NEVER!!!

It's been 80+ years since an IU coach left with an overall winning record, even with repeatedly scheduling pre-conference patsies.

80+ YEARS!!!

It's been 26 years since IU had a winning B10 record.

TWENTY- SIX YEARS!!!

it's been 28 years since IU won a bowl game.

TWENTY-EIGHT YEARS!!!

Think about what that means....there are 50 year-old IU graduates who have never seen IU win a bowl game during the years that they have been an alumnus.

50 YEARS-OLD!!!! AND NO POST-GRADUATION BOWL WINS! CAN YOU IMAGINE?

Allen is an idiot to even say those things. I truly think he needs help.

You have time to read books during the season, you're shorting some part of your teaching/coaching duties.
IMHO, he just comes off as being in way over his head when talking about all his effort in trying to be “a leader of men.” He seems too concerned about playing the part instead of just BEING a leader.

Reactions: Roeder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT