ADVERTISEMENT

OT - R.I.P. Great Chef Anthony Bourdain

What crappy news to start a day...I loved this guy. Ugh.
Sad to hear. I was shocked it was suicide. He seemed to be living the dream and had the world by the tail. You just never know what someone is going through.

Sad to hear. I was shocked it was suicide. He seemed to be living the dream and had the world by the tail. You just never know what someone is going through.
Indeed. The worldly knowledge that guy had was incredible. I also cursed him for his ability to seemingly eat anything at any time and still be a beanpole.
I had a great friend commit suicide 6 months ago and he had a great career, beautiful home in a great city, a beautiful wife and two beautiful little kids. Dealing with the perception of my inability to see it coming has been rough. Especially when asked if I did. I hadn’t a clue. Our own lives these days demand we be focused on ourselves & our families. I really wish he would’ve been strong enough to reach out to me. What difference I could’ve made, I don’t know.

Indeed. The worldly knowledge that guy had was incredible. I also cursed him for his ability to seemingly eat anything at any time and still be a beanpole.
I had a great friend commit suicide 6 months ago and he had a great career, beautiful home in a great city, a beautiful wife and two beautiful little kids. Dealing with the perception of my inability to see it coming has been rough. Especially when asked if I did. I hadn’t a clue. Our own lives these days demand we be focused on ourselves & our families. I really wish he would’ve been strong enough to reach out to me. What difference I could’ve made, I don’t know.
Sorry to hear you lost your close friend to suicide. So tough to lose a close friend by any means.....a suicide leaves so many questions that are not answered.

Reactions: BoilerBloodline
Oh No!

Ah man that's an Absolute bummer.

I read something about suicide being contagious. Not literally, but those who might be on the edge tend to get courage to go all the way if they personally know or hear about others who do it.

Just speculating, but maybe all the Kate Spade news of late helped push him to act.

All that to say don't take anyone for granted in your/our lives and don't assume all's good. No matter how "good" someone's life looks

Oh No!

Ah man that's an Absolute bummer.

I read something about suicide being contagious. Not literally, but those who might be on the edge tend to get courage to go all the way if they personally know or hear about others who do it.

Just speculating, but maybe all the Kate Spade news of late helped push him to act.

All that to say don't take anyone for granted in your/our lives and don't assume all's good. No matter how "good" someone's life looks
My grandpa always swore “the great ones die in threes”. Oddly throughout my middle aged life, that has somewhat proven true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT