ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MacDonald All-American team

As the world class tourist that I am, I actually ate at a McDonalds in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées . I have a Kodak picture for those who doubt my French fries cred.

When in Rome do what the Romans do. When in Paris, eat at McDonalds!

and their French fries were probably the best McDonalds fries I've ever had. A perfect combination of salt and corn oil. They were a little bigger than the usual French fry, but were still soft and warm. However, their BIg Macs were not up to my professional cooking restaurant palette standards.
Does McD's sell wine in Paris like they do in Rome?

As the world class tourist that I am, I actually ate at a McDonalds in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées . I have a Kodak picture for those who doubt my French fries cred.

When in Rome do what the Romans do. When in Paris, eat at McDonalds!

and their French fries were probably the best McDonalds fries I've ever had. A perfect combination of salt and corn oil. They were a little bigger than the usual French fry, but were still soft and warm. However, their BIg Macs were not up to my professional cooking restaurant palette standards.

Why in h*ll would you eat at McDonald’s in Paris!!! Only you Wol...lol ( or in the U.S. for that matter:cool:)

Why in h*ll would you eat at McDonald’s in Paris!!! Only you Wol...lol ( or in the U.S. for that matter:cool:)
I was a Purdue student at the time. It was part of a Purdue Glee Club trip. My family was heavily in debt just for me to be able to attend school. My financial aid scholarships were maxed out. I had to borrow money from relatives just to be able to go on a school sponsored trip. While other preppy, frat kids went to the Moulin Rouge, night clubs and fancy restaurants, McDonalds was all I could afford.

I was a Purdue student at the time. It was part of a Purdue Glee Club trip. My family was heavily in debt just for me to be able to attend school. My financial aid scholarships were maxed out. I had to borrow money from relatives just to be able to go on a school sponsored trip. While other preppy, frat kids went to the Moulin Rouge, night clubs and fancy restaurants, McDonalds was all I could afford.
I hear ya brother. Been there. But having visited Paris myself there is so much more to take away than the cuisine, which I am sure you remember to this day (I honestly have few food memories of my trip 9 years ago).

Well excuse holds for the age.... But the fun of Paris is not the fancy tourist traps to eat but the back street cafe’s and restaurants....

I will just say, i saw more of Paris on that trip than any other member of our tour. I went to little grocery stores to buy food. I walked, rode the busses, subways visited flee markets, churches, the Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Arch de triumph, Notre Dame, Sacre Coure, castle at Versailles, and many other places. I even practiced my French with the locals. I tried some crepes and other French pastries. We were supposed to go to the Follies Bergere, but it was canceled. I had the time of my life. I saw the real Paris for less than $20 a day. if i ever return, I'll probably go back to that McDonalds, just for old times sake.

ADVERTISEMENT