ADVERTISEMENT

OT: MacDonald All-American team

Fansince72

Senior
Apr 3, 2017
I thought that you would have to be an American citizen to be picked. Why is Barrett on this team ? Can a Mexican citizen get picked ? Just curious.

I just know that last summer he played for the U-19 Canadian team that beat the team USA. Why don't they just call it McDonald's All-World team.

Next thing you know they'll be letting ferners in the All American Marching Band!

That's not what is meant by "All American Marching Band." It means that they are the best of all bands in US colleges and get named "All American" just as the athletes. Carry on.

McDonalds obviously needs to build a wall around their basketball court to make people happy.

and gasp, people outside the u. S. drink coke. And Folgers coffee actually comes from Columbia.

Non-issue. I don't think they would include anyone playing high school ball in Canada or anywhere else, even if a US citizen. It's in reference to the best players physically playing in the US because that's where their scouts and the market are. I don't think this is any kind of change in policy to be politically correct or anything of that nature. One of the best players in this country happens to be a Canadian citizen - if he was playing in Canada, he wouldn't be on the list.

and contrary to European propaganda, the ice cream cone and pizza were first created and made in America.

they may own all of our beer, but at least we still got something.

Reactions: chaspark
C'mon man - they're FRENCH fries ... which are not available in France.

As the world class tourist that I am, I actually ate at a McDonalds in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées . I have a Kodak picture for those who doubt my French fries cred.

When in Rome do what the Romans do. When in Paris, eat at McDonalds!

and their French fries were probably the best McDonalds fries I've ever had. A perfect combination of salt and corn oil. They were a little bigger than the usual French fry, but were still soft and warm. However, their BIg Macs were not up to my professional cooking restaurant palette standards.

Reactions: Boiler1313
and on a related note. there used to be a superstar bomb-pop factory in Lafayette, near the Holiday Inn, but the closest place to buy them was about 50 miles away.

C'mon man .....

I'm not lying about that one. 1979 was a long hot Summer. and that factory refused to sell me any of their super bomb pops. and also refused to allow me to even quality test one. it was harsh as they had a sign outside their door. I'm not sure I ever got over it.

As the world class tourist that I am, I actually ate at a McDonalds in Paris on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées . I have a Kodak picture for those who doubt my French fries cred.

and their French fries were probably the best McDonalds fries I've ever had. A perfect combination of salt and corn oil. They were a little bigger than the usual French fry, but were still soft and warm. However, their BIg Macs were not up to my professional cooking restaurant palette standards.
Woley, Woley, Woley...you were in France and went to McDonalds?!?:confused:
And even then you didn’t order a Royal with cheese?:eek:

Tell us more about your palette standards

Have there been Canadian's good enough to make the teams? I know players from other foreign countries have made basketball All-American teams.
The easiest way to fix this is to make Mexico the 51st State and Canada the 52nd state .Problem solved .

ADVERTISEMENT