ADVERTISEMENT

OT: B1G Baseball

Rutgers should get an at-large NCAA Regional with 45+ wins. B1G should get three . . . Maryland, Michigan & Rutgers.
agree. . . Rutgers got pimped!

Last edited:
They sure did, and it was the Big Ten higher ups who screwed them by letting Michigan play a true double elimination but Rutgers was only allowed one loss. What a screw job by the Big Ten

I didn't follow the tournament that closely after Purdue lost to Iowa. So, I don't know the answer. Was that a timing thing? Did the league just assume that Rutgers was already in, so a Michigan championship would give the league three bids?

I didn't follow the tournament that closely after Purdue lost to Iowa. So, I don't know the answer. Was that a timing thing? Did the league just assume that Rutgers was already in, so a Michigan championship would give the league three bids?
I read on a Rutgers blog that it's common that the winner of the loser bracket plays the winner of the winner bracket only once. Most conferences do it that way. Seems stupid to me, but if they know it going in...

Reactions: rgarlitz
I read on a Rutgers blog that it's common that the winner of the loser bracket plays the winner of the winner bracket only once. Most conferences do it that way. Seems stupid to me, but if they know it going in...
That sounds reasonable. I still find it hard to believe that Rutgers didn't earn an at-large bid. But I'm only a casual college baseball fan, and I know the B1G isn't one of the top leagues. I did see Northwestern made the softball world series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT