ADVERTISEMENT

OT... Asking for prayers

Sep 26, 2017
I don't post very often,but I believe in strength in numbers and the power of prayer. I lost my older sister suddenly on Sunday. Today is the viewing with funeral tomorrow. Especially need prayers for her husband and two boys. Her oldest graduates from high school next month. My family is hurting right now. Any kind words right now are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I know what good hearted people there are in Boiler Nation.

I don't post very often,but I believe in strength in numbers and the power of prayer. I lost my older sister suddenly on Sunday. Today is the viewing with funeral tomorrow. Especially need prayers for her husband and two boys. Her oldest graduates from high school next month. My family is hurting right now. Any kind words right now are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. I know what good hearted people there are in Boiler Nation.
My two boys and I will add you to our prayers tonight and the next few weeks. Our condolences.

I am very sorry to hear of your heartbreaking loss. You and your sister's family have my prayers.

Christ died for you, so be assured that you are greatly treasured. You've got a formidable brotherhood of Boilermakers and Christians in your corner. Be well, Mr Shrimpfarmer

Prayers....from friends, family, and myself...are what got me through the 9 months my late wife battled brain cancer. I found this a long time ago, and it's helped me through my loss of parents and my wife. I pray that it helps you and may you share it with her children. Prayers for you and your family will be said for days to come, because those of us on here may argue, there's a huge support group when one is in need.

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name; speak to me in the easy way, which you always used. Put no difference in your tone; wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Pray, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well."

Henry Scott Holland

Prayers....from friends, family, and myself...are what got me through the 9 months my late wife battled brain cancer. I found this a long time ago, and it's helped me through my loss of parents and my wife. I pray that it helps you and may you share it with her children. Prayers for you and your family will be said for days to come, because those of us on here may argue, there's a huge support group when one is in need.

"Death is nothing at all. I have only slipped away into the next room. I am I, and you are you. Whatever we were to each other, that we still are. Call me by my old familiar name; speak to me in the easy way, which you always used. Put no difference in your tone; wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow. Laugh as we always laughed at the little jokes we enjoyed together. Pray, smile, think of me, pray for me. Let my name be ever the household word that it always was, let it be spoken without effect without the trace of a shadow on it. Life means all that it ever meant. It is the same as it ever was; there is unbroken continuity. Why should I be out of mind because I am out of sight? I am waiting for you, for an interval, somewhere very near, just round the corner. All is well."

Henry Scott Holland
Deep meaning and power can be harnessed from those words as it seems true then as it is now.

Boilershrimpfarmer, I prayed for your sister & her family to find peace in her passing and to have happiness sooner than later for her surviving sons & husband.

Sorry to hear this. Does the family have a church family or other support?

We will add you to our prayers. May God comfort you and let you know that He is helping you get through this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT