ADVERTISEMENT

On this impeachment thing

kescwi

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 16, 2005
Mt. Pleasant SC
Are Dems playing a game and being coy here, actually trying to time the hearings with the election?

Were they at first delaying on obstruction and Trump now gave them a gift?

Dems have been throwing crap at a wall for almost 3 years, hoping something would stick. Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work. Even Mueller's stacked deck of 13 angry Dem lawyers couldn't make any crap stick. Then there were the obligatory cries of RACISM, which is always the Dems fallback position. Can't have the 90% Black vote leaving the Dem plantation. Sadly for the Dems, that won't stick either. Now we have the Ukrainian adventure, which will actually end up killing Biden's third run for the Presidency, when all the facts come out. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the person who blew the whistle on Ukraine wasn't a Bernie or Warren supporter, hoping that Biden's corruption would be exposed. Good way to kill the front running gaffe machine.

Nadler is still continuing to investigate in hopes that he can find some damaging mud, while wasting millions of tax dollars trying to influence the next election. Meanwhile, Pelosi is tearing her hair out, knowing that the backlash will cost the Dems the Presidency and the House. Impeach away. The futile efforts get more outrageous and amusing every day.

If the GOP were smart , they would get on board with this impeachment . Let's face it, you put into office one of the most unpopular president in history. You all have given him a pass and he hasn't learned a thing. He could have went in there and acted presidential from the start and would have possibly been one of the most popular presidents of all time
Instead he is constantly pissing people off with his rudimentary behavior, and possibly breaking the law in the process. All of his primary opponents warned you of the results of putting this man in office and you laughed it off. The bell is about to toll.
My suggestion is get his sorry ass out of office as soon as you can, through any means possible. If not , the results will be a liberal president and Congress. The only reason he won 3 years ago was he was running against the worst presidential candidate in history. That won't be the case this time. Your looking at a landslide defeat across the board because this President can't grow up and act like an adult.
Impeach him quickly and get someone running that has some moral values before it's too late.

If the GOP were smart , they would get on board with this impeachment . Let's face it, you put into office one of the most unpopular president in history. You all have given him a pass and he hasn't learned a thing. He could have went in there and acted presidential from the start and would have possibly been one of the most popular presidents of all time
Instead he is constantly pissing people off with his rudimentary behavior, and possibly breaking the law in the process. All of his primary opponents warned you of the results of putting this man in office and you laughed it off. The bell is about to toll.
My suggestion is get his sorry ass out of office as soon as you can, through any means possible. If not , the results will be a liberal president and Congress. The only reason he won 3 years ago was he was running against the worst presidential candidate in history. That won't be the case this time. Your looking at a landslide defeat across the board because this President can't grow up and act like an adult.
Impeach him quickly and get someone running that has some moral values before it's too late.
Nice rant. Unfortunately for you, there are millions who differ in opinion. If he is so unpopular, why does he pack thousands instead of hundreds. Biden is the only normal candidate and he is about to go down.

Dems have been throwing crap at a wall for almost 3 years, hoping something would stick. Russia, Russia, Russia didn't work. Even Mueller's stacked deck of 13 angry Dem lawyers couldn't make any crap stick. Then there were the obligatory cries of RACISM, which is always the Dems fallback position. Can't have the 90% Black vote leaving the Dem plantation. Sadly for the Dems, that won't stick either. Now we have the Ukrainian adventure, which will actually end up killing Biden's third run for the Presidency, when all the facts come out. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the person who blew the whistle on Ukraine wasn't a Bernie or Warren supporter, hoping that Biden's corruption would be exposed. Good way to kill the front running gaffe machine.

Nadler is still continuing to investigate in hopes that he can find some damaging mud, while wasting millions of tax dollars trying to influence the next election. Meanwhile, Pelosi is tearing her hair out, knowing that the backlash will cost the Dems the Presidency and the House. Impeach away. The futile efforts get more outrageous and amusing every day.

Or.....the democrats are finally going to do something to hold him accountable. He’s been left unchecked his entire presidency. You and I and everyone else know that if this were Obama or Hilary, impeachment would have already (rightfully, in my opinion) happened.

If all you’re doing is watching Fox News (who, I might add, had someone on last night that made fun of the 16 year old girl who is being vocal about climate change. It was so bad that Fox News issued a statement afterwards. You know how bad something has to be for Fox to issue an admonishment to someone on their network??), then of course you think everything is a witch hunt.

The man is unhinged, period. It’s past right or left, it’s about right and wrong. He needs to be checked.

Are Dems playing a game and being coy here, actually trying to time the hearings with the election?

Were they at first delaying on obstruction and Trump now gave them a gift?
I actually think that, for all her shortcomings, Pelosi has handled the impeachment issue as well as could be expected.

She knows how popular Trump is with a certain segment of the population. She also knows by now that the establishment GOP has sold its entire soul to Trump and has no interest in checking or reproving him. Finally, she knows that the circus of an impeachment trial would only play into Trump's mania for attention and creating enemies, therefore being (potentially) immensely damaging to Democratic election hopes.

So she's slow-walked the process. The only way that impeachment works is if they have a case so open and shut, where Trump is so obviously guilty that it leaves the GOP with two choices: vote to impeach or admit that they no longer care about the Constitution.

I suspect that it's the latter, and I am doubtful that Trump gets impeached. When he said during his campaign that he could shoot someone on the street and still win, it turns out he was (shockingly, sadly) right.

The misleading information about Biden and his son is simply not true. I'll provide a linked article to an NPR article that walks through how Biden and his son came in to question and then where Trump pulled his information from. If you'd like to read it, I believe it could answer some of questions about the 'Ukrainian adventure' as you have called it. If you have some information you would like to share so that I can see where your angle is coming from, I'd welcome to read it from new sources that are reputable and trusted like NPR, AP, The Hill, PBS, Al Jazeera, The Economist, or the Wall Street Journal.

NPR: What Were the Biden's Doing in Ukraine?

The misleading information about Biden and his son is simply not true. I'll provide a linked article to an NPR article that walks through how Biden and his son came in to question and then where Trump pulled his information from. If you'd like to read it, I believe it could answer some of questions about the 'Ukrainian adventure' as you have called it. If you have some information you would like to share so that I can see where your angle is coming from, I'd welcome to read it from new sources that are reputable and trusted like NPR, AP, The Hill, PBS, Al Jazeera, The Economist, or the Wall Street Journal.

That’s just it. There is nothing on Biden. Trump is trying to switch the narrative away from him to Biden and attempting to get the media focus on Biden. If they fall for it, Trump wins. This is the one area he actually has a strategy for: divert divert divert and assumes the media is dumb enough to fall for it (they usually are). He already knows his base is.

There's nothing like a refreshing glass of delicious Kool-Aid, is there? Mmmmmm...

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Or.....the democrats are finally going to do something to hold him accountable. He’s been left unchecked his entire presidency. You and I and everyone else know that if this were Obama or Hilary, impeachment would have already (rightfully, in my opinion) happened.

If all you’re doing is watching Fox News (who, I might add, had someone on last night that made fun of the 16 year old girl who is being vocal about climate change. It was so bad that Fox News issued a statement afterwards. You know how bad something has to be for Fox to issue an admonishment to someone on their network??), then of course you think everything is a witch hunt.

The man is unhinged, period. It’s past right or left, it’s about right and wrong. He needs to be checked.

What world do you live in? The MSM and the Dems have been relentlessly attacking him, since before he got inaugurated and they have been doubling down on the attacks on a regular basis. Apparently, you live on CNN and MSNBC, which have hysterical meltdowns on a daily basis over some new Trump drama that they have invariably manufactured and those of you who watch that crap are too naive to realize you're being manipulated. I enjoy watching both occasionally, just to see what's causing their outrage at that point in time. The Dems have been desperately trying to take Trump down and when the IG report comes out, it may be Obama and his minions that will need to be worried, rather than Trump. Doesn't it bother you even a little bit that Obama's Justice Department was weaponized to try to take Trump down? Comey, McCabe, Clapper and Brennan have to be looking over their shoulders as the facts come out.

Meanwhile, the economy is doing great, unemployment is at record lows, the VA is becoming more accountable(finally), we're holding Iran, China and N. Korea accountable and not just giving them the store, like previous Presidents have done and we're modernizing the military. If you can look at what he's done objectively, he's done a great job, but you don't like him personally, so you refuse to see that. What may win reelection for Trump is that he's done a lot more for minorities than previous Presidents have done and they'll remember that in 2020. The Dems are worried about that, which is why they play the race card at every opportunity. The next year+ will be entertaining.

What world do you live in? The MSM and the Dems have been relentlessly attacking him, since before he got inaugurated and they have been doubling down on the attacks on a regular basis. Apparently, you live on CNN and MSNBC, which have hysterical meltdowns on a daily basis over some new Trump drama that they have invariably manufactured and those of you who watch that crap are too naive to realize you're being manipulated. I enjoy watching both occasionally, just to see what's causing their outrage at that point in time. The Dems have been desperately trying to take Trump down and when the IG report comes out, it may be Obama and his minions that will need to be worried, rather than Trump. Doesn't it bother you even a little bit that Obama's Justice Department was weaponized to try to take Trump down? Comey, McCabe, Clapper and Brennan have to be looking over their shoulders as the facts come out.

Meanwhile, the economy is doing great, unemployment is at record lows, the VA is becoming more accountable(finally), we're holding Iran, China and N. Korea accountable and not just giving them the store, like previous Presidents have done and we're modernizing the military. If you can look at what he's done objectively, he's done a great job, but you don't like him personally, so you refuse to see that. What may win reelection for Trump is that he's done a lot more for minorities than previous Presidents have done and they'll remember that in 2020. The Dems are worried about that, which is why they play the race card at every opportunity. The next year+ will be entertaining.

Someone clearly carries an IV bag of Fox News around all day.

Reactions: Bill4411 and indy35

The Devil is in the details. The question that they seem to be glossing over is, other than his father being the VP, what skills/knowledge did Hunter Biden provide to get a position on the BoD for a gas company in Ukraine? He has NO specific knowledge or expertise in that field or of Ukraine, so why would they be willing to pay him $50k/month? The only thing he has to offer is access to his father.

In December 2013 Hunter Biden traveled with his father aboard Air Force Two to Beijing. Shortly after they return to the U.S., Hunter Biden’s firm (BHR Partners) received a $1 billion private equity deal from the Chinese government. It later gets increased to $1.5 billion. I'm sure that his father being VP had nothing to do with that windfall either. How rotten do these dealings need to get, before we can appreciate the stench. Of course, Joe disclaims any knowledge of any of this. He said that he and his son never talk about any of his business dealings. I have two sons and we talk about what they're involved in at work all the time. I find it odd that Joe isn't at all interested...

BTW, NPR leans decidedly to the Left, as does PBR. I can't believe that you would even have Al Jazeera listed as a "trusted" source of information. smh

Reactions: boilerjohn
Someone clearly carries an IV bag of Fox News around all day.

Says the guy, who's an expert on FOX News, without ever having watched it. Ah, but he's heard about those evil people at FOX News, while lapping up all the hysteria on CNN and MSNBC. After three years of them being wrong about virtually everything they report, one would think that you might figure that out. YOU'VE BEEN INDOCTRINATED. Think, instead of just accepting all the emotional BS they're feeding you.

Reactions: boilerjohn
The Devil is in the details. The question that they seem to be glossing over is, other than his father being the VP, what skills/knowledge did Hunter Biden provide to get a position on the BoD for a gas company in Ukraine? He has NO specific knowledge or expertise in that field or of Ukraine, so why would they be willing to pay him $50k/month? The only thing he has to offer is access to his father.

In December 2013 Hunter Biden traveled with his father aboard Air Force Two to Beijing. Shortly after they return to the U.S., Hunter Biden’s firm (BHR Partners) received a $1 billion private equity deal from the Chinese government. It later gets increased to $1.5 billion. I'm sure that his father being VP had nothing to do with that windfall either. How rotten do these dealings need to get, before we can appreciate the stench. Of course, Joe disclaims any knowledge of any of this. He said that he and his son never talk about any of his business dealings. I have two sons and we talk about what they're involved in at work all the time. I find it odd that Joe isn't at all interested...

BTW, NPR leans decidedly to the Left, as does PBR. I can't believe that you would even have Al Jazeera listed as a "trusted" source of information. smh

Except Hunter Biden and his dealings with Ukraine have already been looked, and nothing of substance was found.

I get you're trying to change the narrative in your defense of Trump, and kudos for that I guess.

Also......your sources are....*checks notes*.....nothing. Again, straight out of the Trump playbook: throw some shit at the wall and see if something sticks.

Reactions: indy35
Says the guy, who's an expert on FOX News, without ever having watched it. Ah, but he's heard about those evil people at FOX News, while lapping up all the hysteria on CNN and MSNBC. After three years of them being wrong about virtually everything they report, one would think that you might figure that out. YOU'VE BEEN INDOCTRINATED. Think, instead of just accepting all the emotional BS they're feeding you.

Why would I watch Fox News when all they do is spew racism, hatred, bigotry and just out and out lies?

Although if you want to sit here and defend them all day, just let me know....I'll grab some popcorn and watch you kick yourself in the face over and over.

So Somuch here but I'll just take one.
The Trump "dramas" have been created by the media?

Just recently......
Did the media create the drama about Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David the week of 9/11? Or did Trump just show horribly inept judgement and the media simply reported it?

Is the media wrong to report that the president said he would meet the Iranians with "no preconditions".......over and over......but then he claims he never said it......and blamed it on fake news? Is the president lying not newsworthy?

Is it wrong for the media to point out that when Trump says China is stealing hundreds of billions a year because of the trade deficit ..........he's wrong about what a trade deficit means? Or that he's lying everytime he says China is paying the tariffs, not the consumer?

Shall I go on?

Problem is, you don't like anybody pointing out Trump's lies and policy screwups. For some reason you think the media should ignore them and spend all day talking about the great economy.
When Trump lies, violates norms and laws, ignores subpoenas from Congress who has oversight responsibilities (in the Constitution), takes money from the military budget and puts it toward his wall that he couldn't get funded through Congress........it's going to get reported......as it should be.

Those occurrences, and many others, are not dramas created by the media. Those are actions by the president that are being reported.

Last edited:

Whether Biden did something wrong or not, it has nothing to do with what Trump did. Nothing.

If he thinks there is something to be investigated from 4 years ago then he can sick his lapdog Barr on Biden. Currently, he's using his personal lawyer to investigate, with the assistance of the SOS. He's pushing a foreign government to investigate a political opponent.

So Somuch here but I'll just take one.
The Trump "dramas" have been created by the media?

Just recently......
Did the media create the drama about Trump inviting the Taliban to Camp David the week of 9/11? Or did Trump just show horribly inept judgement and the media simply reported it?

Is the media wrong to report that the president said he would meet the Iranians with "no preconditions".......over and over......but then he claims he never said it......and blamed it on fake news? Is the president lying not newsworthy?

Is it wrong for the media to point out that when Trump says China is stealing hundreds of billions a year because of the trade deficit ..........he's wrong about what a trade deficit means? Or that he's lying everytime he says China is paying the tariffs, not the consumer?

Shall I go on?

Problem is, you don't like anybody pointing out Trump's lies and policy screwups. For some reason you think the media should ignore them I'd spend all day talking about the great economy.
When Trump lies, violates norms and laws, ignores subpoenas from Congress who has oversight responsibilities (in the Constitution), takes money from the military budget and puts it toward his wall that he couldn't get funded through Congress........it's going to get reported......as it should be.

Those occurrences, and many others, are not dramas created by the media. Those are actions by the president that are being reported.

All of these things. That anyone thinks these types of things should go unreported or unchecked is absurd. This isn't a partisan thing....this goes to the foundation of this country. I don't care if Trump is in charge or anyone else. The government is structured the way it is to provide for checks and balances and to ensure that the president doesn't abuse his or her power. It's basic government fundamentals. That people are opposed to this at all strikes at the very foundation that the country was built on.

It should never ever be (insert president's name here) over country. Ever.

PBS does not lean left. By all accounts, they are a some what middle of the road with conservative leanings. NPR is the same with leanings to the left. Al Jazeera and BBC are foreign but international news organizations that look at the issues inside the United States with a different perspective. That different perspective can be very informative in determining where my thoughts and feelings fall on a topic.

Let me ask you this: Do you find it at all troubling that Dick Cheney's oil company Haliburton was awarded billion dollar contracts in the wake of the Iraq War? Do you find it troubling that Trump's families businesses have, for whatever reason, not been subjected to the tariffs and other implications of the trade wars being waged? Do you find it troubling that Donald Trump has continued to ignore the emoluments clause and continues to use the office of the presidency to generate wealth for himself (btw, Jimmy Carter was forced to sell his family peanut farm that had been passed to him from his father when he ascended to the White House)?

What the Biden's did, according to Federal Government oversight committees, was legal and did not warrant as much as an investigation at that time.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Except Hunter Biden and his dealings with Ukraine have already been looked, and nothing of substance was found.

I get you're trying to change the narrative in your defense of Trump, and kudos for that I guess.

Also......your sources are....*checks notes*.....nothing. Again, straight out of the Trump playbook:

Looked at by WHO? The Obama Administration? NPR? I'm just asking you to rub a couple brain cells together and THINK. Why would a gas company in Ukraine arbitrarily give Hunter Biden a position on their BoD and pay him $50k/month? Other than access to his father, what is the compelling reason for that appointment? There is NONE. Why would the Chinese Government invest $1.5 Billion in Hunter's firm, unless they thought they would get something in return. Occasionally, you have to pull your head out of the sand and see the world as it really is.

"throw some shit at the wall and see if something sticks."
Good Grief, are you so blind that you can't see that's all the Dems and MSM have been doing for almost three years.

Nobody is changing the narrative, but you have to be able to ask why things happened the way they did, think about it and connect a few obvious dots and you can figure out a lot. You just seem to accept what you're told and not question anything. It's not in my nature to be that complacent.

Reactions: Purdue97 and SKYDOG
Why would I watch Fox News when all they do is spew racism, hatred, bigotry and just out and out lies?

Although if you want to sit here and defend them all day, just let me know....I'll grab some popcorn and watch you kick yourself in the face over and over.

Your first sentence is proof positive that you have never watched a minute of FOX News. Some people are ignorant and never realize it. You seem to be reveling in your ignorance, which is really rather sad.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Looked at by WHO? The Obama Administration? NPR? I'm just asking you to rub a couple brain cells together and THINK. Why would a gas company in Ukraine arbitrarily give Hunter Biden a position on their BoD and pay him $50k/month? Other than access to his father, what is the compelling reason for that appointment? There is NONE. Why would the Chinese Government invest $1.5 Billion in Hunter's firm, unless they thought they would get something in return. Occasionally, you have to pull your head out of the sand and see the world as it really is.

"throw some shit at the wall and see if something sticks."
Good Grief, are you so blind that you can't see that's all the Dems and MSM have been doing for almost three years.

Nobody is changing the narrative, but you have to be able to ask why things happened the way they did, think about it and connect a few obvious dots and you can figure out a lot. You just seem to accept what you're told and not question anything. It's not in my nature to be that complacent.

Trump is ABSOLUTELY trying to change the narrative by throwing out some baseless accusations against Biden's son. That is THE EXACT DEFINITION OF CHANGING THE NARRATIVE.

There's no need to respond to the rest of what you wrote because as Johnny says above, it's all already been looked into and cleared by the government.

Your first sentence is proof positive that you have never watched a minute of FOX News. Some people are ignorant and never realize it. You seem to be reveling in your ignorance, which is really rather sad.

You're right. I haven't. I'm not stupid.

Let me clarify this for you: I don't need to watch it because I see people repeating what Fox says and it's racist, bigoted, and lies.

Let me clarify this for you: I don't need to watch it because I see people repeating what Fox says and it's racist, bigoted, and lies.
It's sad to see what Fox News has done to people. BoilerMadness is just so sure that he's correct, but he doesn't even realize he's been completely caught up in the right wing propaganda. Everything he accuses someone else of, he's guilty of himself but it's not clicking for him. The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Actually the FOX NEWS DIVISION which actually deals with the news itself is a decent news source. The problem is that FOX NEWS NETWORK overall is not limited to news but is far more involved in its opinion programming which is nearly exclusively a Trump support group. Unfortunately, grouping them under the same umbrella sadly serves to undermine some very good news journalists.

Actually the FOX NEWS DIVISION which actually deals with the news itself is a decent news source. The problem is that FOX NEWS NETWORK overall is not limited to news but is far more involved in its opinion programming which is nearly exclusively a Trump support group. Unfortunately, grouping them under the same umbrella sadly serves to undermine some very good news journalists.

There may some decent journalists there, but they are content with taking a check from Fox News Network and throwing gas on the flames. Shep Smith comes to mind from there. He will lay facts out and then gets dismissed by Trump or his base, etc. But he sits there and takes it. That's on him.

Trump says he will release the transcript of the phone call tomorrow.

As a preemptive courtesy to the Trumpers, the transcript will show nothing. It's not about the transcript, it's about the whistleblower report. A report by the person that followed the law. We don't know where this person got the information but it's safe to say it wasn't just a phone call.

Besides, Trump is safe. The withholding of the aid was because of the corruption in Ukraine. Hold on, now being told it was because Europe needs to contribute more money for Ukrainian military aid.

PBS does not lean left. By all accounts, they are a some what middle of the road with conservative leanings. NPR is the same with leanings to the left. Al Jazeera and BBC are foreign but international news organizations that look at the issues inside the United States with a different perspective. That different perspective can be very informative in determining where my thoughts and feelings fall on a topic.

Let me ask you this: Do you find it at all troubling that Dick Cheney's oil company Haliburton was awarded billion dollar contracts in the wake of the Iraq War? Do you find it troubling that Trump's families businesses have, for whatever reason, not been subjected to the tariffs and other implications of the trade wars being waged? Do you find it troubling that Donald Trump has continued to ignore the emoluments clause and continues to use the office of the presidency to generate wealth for himself (btw, Jimmy Carter was forced to sell his family peanut farm that had been passed to him from his father when he ascended to the White House)?

What the Biden's did, according to Federal Government oversight committees, was legal and did not warrant as much as an investigation at that time.

We can agree to disagree on NPR and PBS. I have no problem with BBC or other foreign outlets. I lived in the UK for two years and am very familiar with BBC, but they tend to be Left of center, as well. It is interesting to get foreign perspectives on what goes on in the USA, but Al Jazeera? Really? I have visions of Baghdad Bob popping up on the screen, telling us that Iraq will annihilate us, if we cross their border. (just kidding) I like to see how other countries view what's happening in the US, but I wouldn't let it influence my position on many issues. Foreign countries have their own agendas, which may or may not be in step with ours.

I believe that Cheney was no longer a part of Haliburton, when he was VP. Allegedly, the reason Halliburton got the contract was that it was the only company large enough to provide all the services required in Iraq. No, I'm not shocked that people in public service use their positions to enrich themselves. I'm not surprised that Congressmen without two nickles to rub together, leave Congress as multimillionaires. Nancy Pelosi is worth over $100 Million. HRC said they were broke, when they left the WH. Now she and Bill are worth around $300 Million. Even Bernie, the avowed Socialist, is worth over $13 Million. The only people that can fix the problem are the ones capitalizing on the corruption. Welcome to politics.

There's a world of difference between selling a peanut farm and dissolving a $10 Billion real estate empire. Trying to equate the two is just silly. Trump is giving up $1.6 million in salary over his term. It's ludicrous to think that he's going to make some windfall profits off military aircrews that are staying at Turnberry. The Left is going out of their minds thinking that there is some sort of corruption associated with that. Trump has probably lost hundreds of millions of dollars in missed opportunities, because he's President. I don't think that he took the job to enrich himself. I think it was part ego and part trying to fix the mess that we're in. He's actually fixing things that were just cans that previous Presidents kicked down the road.

Apparently, you don't like the tariffs. What's the alternative? Do we just let China pillage us, until they've stolen all our manufacturing and intellectual properties? I'm glad we finally have someone in the WH that recognizes the danger of letting this continue and is willing to do something about it. There will be some rough sledding, but if he can level the trading field, we will benefit greatly. He's also renegotiating a lot of trade deals successfully, which benefits our economy and creates more jobs in the US. He's already got most of the NATO countries contributing their 2% GDP toward military readiness, rather than have the US pick up the tab. As I said, he's actually getting things done that previous Presidents didn't want to touch.

The Chinese government would be the one placing tariffs on Trump's properties. Do you really expect Trump to put tariffs on his own properties? To what end? Makes no sense.

"What the Biden's did, according to Federal Government oversight committees, was legal and did not warrant as much as an investigation at that time."

There are actually laws against buying influence and I don't believe that anyone could make a case for why Hunter Biden was appointed to a Ukrainian gas company's BoD or why the Chinese government decided to invest $1.5 Billion with Hunter Biden's firm, if it wasn't to buy influence with VP Joe Biden. Whether they got their money's worth remains to be determined. Unfortunately, the establishment politicians protect their own, regardless of party. Trump threatens the establishment politicians, which is why he's getting so much resistance from both sides of the aisle and why I tend to support him. The swamp needs to get shaken up.

OOOOHHHHH but look. Trump hosted foreign diplomats in one of his hotels and it's an impeachable offense!

What have I said that's racist, bigoted or a lie? We may disagree on issues, but get over your fear of the unknown.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but you are monumentally ignorant. Not even wanting to hear what the other side is saying is relishing your blissful ignorance in your little Left wing bubble. Take a day and just watch FOX and form your own opinion. Trust me, your head will not explode, but you may find that you're much better informed, if you hear both sides of an argument. I have no trouble watching CNN and MSNBC. I find the radical spin rather amusing.

It's sad to see what Fox News has done to people. BoilerMadness is just so sure that he's correct, but he doesn't even realize he's been completely caught up in the right wing propaganda. Everything he accuses someone else of, he's guilty of himself but it's not clicking for him. The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Says the least self aware person on the board...

What have I said that's racist, bigoted or a lie? We may disagree on issues, but get over your fear of the unknown.

I'm not saying you're stupid, but you are monumentally ignorant. Not even wanting to hear what the other side is saying is relishing your blissful ignorance in your little Left wing bubble. Take a day and just watch FOX and form your own opinion. Trust me, your head will not explode, but you may find that you're much better informed, if you hear both sides of an argument. I have no trouble watching CNN and MSNBC. I find the radical spin rather amusing.

I already said that I’ve seen people repeat what’s on Fox. Pretty much the same as watching. Therefore I don’t need to watch it. It’s propaganda for the most part and it’s not a fair representation of the right.

I don’t know if you know this, but there are plenty of other formats to get information about both sides vs watching Fox or cnn.

Woah. I have thought this for years. If something is breaking or actual news I think Fox is the best. They have the largest and best affiliate network. The rest is as much garbage as any other network. This pulls back in to play the recent BK smear and the NYT News vs. NYT News Analysis divisions. Shady stuff.

Information is being crafted, no matter where you look.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoilerMadness
We can agree to disagree on NPR and PBS. I have no problem with BBC or other foreign outlets. I lived in the UK for two years and am very familiar with BBC, but they tend to be Left of center, as well. It is interesting to get foreign perspectives on what goes on in the USA, but Al Jazeera? Really? I have visions of Baghdad Bob popping up on the screen, telling us that Iraq will annihilate us, if we cross their border. (just kidding) I like to see how other countries view what's happening in the US, but I wouldn't let it influence my position on many issues. Foreign countries have their own agendas, which may or may not be in step with ours.

I believe that Cheney was no longer a part of Haliburton, when he was VP. Allegedly, the reason Halliburton got the contract was that it was the only company large enough to provide all the services required in Iraq. No, I'm not shocked that people in public service use their positions to enrich themselves. I'm not surprised that Congressmen without two nickles to rub together, leave Congress as multimillionaires. Nancy Pelosi is worth over $100 Million. HRC said they were broke, when they left the WH. Now she and Bill are worth around $300 Million. Even Bernie, the avowed Socialist, is worth over $13 Million. The only people that can fix the problem are the ones capitalizing on the corruption. Welcome to politics.

There's a world of difference between selling a peanut farm and dissolving a $10 Billion real estate empire. Trying to equate the two is just silly. Trump is giving up $1.6 million in salary over his term. It's ludicrous to think that he's going to make some windfall profits off military aircrews that are staying at Turnberry. The Left is going out of their minds thinking that there is some sort of corruption associated with that. Trump has probably lost hundreds of millions of dollars in missed opportunities, because he's President. I don't think that he took the job to enrich himself. I think it was part ego and part trying to fix the mess that we're in. He's actually fixing things that were just cans that previous Presidents kicked down the road.

Apparently, you don't like the tariffs. What's the alternative? Do we just let China pillage us, until they've stolen all our manufacturing and intellectual properties? I'm glad we finally have someone in the WH that recognizes the danger of letting this continue and is willing to do something about it. There will be some rough sledding, but if he can level the trading field, we will benefit greatly. He's also renegotiating a lot of trade deals successfully, which benefits our economy and creates more jobs in the US. He's already got most of the NATO countries contributing their 2% GDP toward military readiness, rather than have the US pick up the tab. As I said, he's actually getting things done that previous Presidents didn't want to touch.

The Chinese government would be the one placing tariffs on Trump's properties. Do you really expect Trump to put tariffs on his own properties? To what end? Makes no sense.

"What the Biden's did, according to Federal Government oversight committees, was legal and did not warrant as much as an investigation at that time."

There are actually laws against buying influence and I don't believe that anyone could make a case for why Hunter Biden was appointed to a Ukrainian gas company's BoD or why the Chinese government decided to invest $1.5 Billion with Hunter Biden's firm, if it wasn't to buy influence with VP Joe Biden. Whether they got their money's worth remains to be determined. Unfortunately, the establishment politicians protect their own, regardless of party. Trump threatens the establishment politicians, which is why he's getting so much resistance from both sides of the aisle and why I tend to support him. The swamp needs to get shaken up.
Ok, you have to called out on this.

Please list all the trade deals Trump has "renegotiated successfully". I know of two. The one with South Korea, which was slightly revised......so slightly it didn't require ratification.

https://www.cato.org/publications/f...ade-deal-slightly-revised-korea-us-free-trade

Of course we have NAFTA 2.0, again, an existing agreement that had small changes........and has not been ratified......and actually has opposition from republicans.

So 2 is alot........and where are all the new deals that are supposedly creating millions of jobs? We were supposed to get one with the EU, Brazil. Didn't happen. The Japan deal has been gonna happen for 6 months. Trump talks about pending deals all the time but none seem to come to fruition.

And of course there's China. While you didn't use the exact words, saying "we finally have someone will to do something" is like what the Trumpers say all the time....... at least he's trying. I thought you were the guys who are against participation trophies.....cause that's what this is. In the old days they use to use smoke to get rid of the roaches.......but if you burn down the damn house, trying didn't really do much good did it? That's what's happening. He doesn't get credit for trying.......as he has now paid out to the farmers TWICE as much as the auto bailout cost. Unless, of course, you believe that China is paying for the tariffs.

And then there's the NATO BS. 7 of the 29 members will meet the 2% goal this year. Defense spending went up an average of .05% this year. NATO members all agreed to meet 2% by 2024 under a 2014 agreement under Obama. All the bitching by trump has changed nothing except giving his minions an excuse to once again declare victory when there is none. I guess it did serve to hurt our relations with our best allies but Trump doesn't care about that anyway.

Finally, the swamp. Are you serious? I thought you guys gave up on that long ago. Trump has had more ex lobbyists in his admin in 3 years than either Obama or Bush had in their 8. Environmental regulations are being gutted right and left in favor of industry. Trump's former aides from the campaign and admin are littered all over K Street, making big money explaining to CEOs how to deal with Trump and avoid a Twitter tirade against their company.......Lewandowski being the one of the biggest benefactor.

The problem with people like you is you do exactly what you accuse others of doing......getting all your info from one source. With your opponents you say it's the media. With you, it's Trump. You believe what he tells you without question. You confuse repetition with truth, bravado with expertise. You don't check out what he says, you just spout the Trump manifesto with no regret. It's........obsequious. My new word of the day.

Wanna bet?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT