ADVERTISEMENT

Okay, this one hurts...

the cynic in me says there's a fear of upcoming accountability. The realist in me says that almost every player in a similar situation is at least thinking of a similar response (IU men have several in the portal for example).

Reactions: DocRon
the cynic in me says there's a fear of upcoming accountability. The realist in me says that almost every player in a similar situation is at least thinking of a similar response (IU men have several in the portal for example).

Have they even taken the time to meet with Katie and Sharon?

Reactions: DocRon and Brya31
Yes, every school that made coaching changes or did poorly is getting hit by the transfer portal. This loss puts Purdue in the poor cousin category for sure and more may follow. Too bad, Easy to point fingers and lay blame but it does no good. Unless the coaching staff can score big in the transfer wire, it's gonna be a while for Purdue BB to overcome this.
P.S. Maybe like some of the other situations, Gearalds can sway some of them, but until that happens best to deal with the apparent reality.

Damn.....this one is hard to understand. She was set up to be the team leader the next couple seasons. Oh well....if she doesn't want to be at Purdue then nothing to do but wish her the best. Time to move on.

Going to be a young team next year. Will be interesting to see who steps up and grabs the opportunity for more playing time.

I think that most of these ladies would be staying if Sharon was gone, and Katie was given the helm right away. I think this just tells us they wanted Sharon gone and can't bear the thought of 1 more year with her. The fun and excitement have slowly been drained from the program. Katie is going to have her hands full with a complete rebuild.

It works both ways...Katie can bring in some tranfers as well... I said in another post that they need a BU Center, and at least one wing player, and I also said a PG before I knew that Kayana had entered the transfer portal... Now they definitely need a transfer PG or 2

When you finish the previous season 7-15 maybe it's ok to start all over from scratch. 4 possible starters have now decided to transfer...starting over with a whole new set of starters may not be a bad thing...Let's see how this plays out... may be addition by subtraction.

Reactions: Gesysp and Brya31
I think that most of these ladies would be staying if Sharon was gone, and Katie was given the helm right away. I think this just tells us they wanted Sharon gone and can't bear the thought of 1 more year with her. The fun and excitement have slowly been drained from the program. Katie is going to have her hands full with a complete rebuild.
I doubt that is the story. The seniors stuck with Versyp for 3 or 4 years so now they are transferring BECAUSE she is here for one more? And she spoke glowingly of all of them and vice versa to some degree. Traylor would have been the focal center of the team next year and very probably the following. I suspect the answers are more complex than “they are leaving because Sharon is here for another year.” As you suggested, team chemistry may be more to fault.

Geez, I was all in on a transfer, looks like there's room for 2, lets be honest, my guess is 1 or 2 more leave. Sharon's last year is looking like it could be similar to Keady's at Purdue.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidBoiler
Well we clearly weren't successful with her running the point, so this may be addition by subtraction. Finally end the long-term string of Versyp guards who play out of control.

Might hurt in the short-term but we never won anything with her so I'm not going to write anything off just because she's leaving.

This somewhat reminds me of when we let Dunn go and half the team left but we don't have White and Figgs sticking around.

Last edited:
Purdue needs to offer Courtney Blakely from Bishop Noll, states leading scorer who can hoop. She's rated 116 in one service, no way in hell she should be that low. With 11 girls currently on scholarship I'd take a shot at her, trust me she can score, I think she had 40 against Crown Point as a Junior.

Reactions: TC4THREE
She was by far the best player on the team. The losing wasn't because Kayana Traylor was running the point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT