ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Recruiting…….look where the depth and talent stands with this team because of it?? Hard to make a good team in a short few months when a good amount of the recruits Brohm had on the team aren’t playing or left because they weren’t good enough to play so you depend on the transfer portal and the dudes he already has on the team. When you have no O-Line you have nothing!! Yeah coaching hasn’t been A+ so far but lack of depth from poor recruiting over the last few years can make a coach look real bad real fast when you’re depending on a bunch of transfers and a handful of freshmen starting. If the same crap is going on next year I’ll start to agree with you it’s the coaches but give the man a chance…it may be Harrells playing calling with the players he has not Walters 🤷🏼‍♂️. If it weren’t for Rondale, DBell, Karlaftis, and great “walk-on”QB w/ Charlie Jones his teams wouldn’t have done sh*t during his time at Purdue. His recruiting classes sucked outside of those dudes and this roster is an example of it!
Crazy how quickly people forget how bad the roster was when Brohm got here. 4 straight years of last or next to last in Big Ten. Pretty sure Hazell never had a class ranked above 65 in the country. No matter how bad we think this roster is now, it’s nothing compared to the roster Brohm inherited and went to 2 straight bowl games with.

I am not ready to fire anyone but this roster is not the worst roster in the Big Ten as it was when Brohm got here. But we sure are playing like the worst team in the Big Ten right now.

Who recruited these kickers? I see better kickers in the high school games almost weekly.
Watched the HSE/Brownsburg game last night - both has far better kickers and punters than Purdue. Kickoffs thru the end zone every time also….

Watched the HSE/Brownsburg game last night - both has far better kickers and punters than Purdue. Kickoffs thru the end zone every time also….
Did I see that Brownsburg opens sectional play at BD? A State championship level game in the first round of Sectionals.

Reactions: pu1985
Yes play calling wasn’t good at times and it was definitely a frustrating game to watch but let’s try to remember that Walters is playing with a depleted roster across the board vs a team full of 4 and 5 stars. Major mistakes early was definitely a momentum killer when the halftime score could/should have been 20-10 at least. When DB’s that are “older starters” can’t cover/miss tackles while your O-line is JV talent it usually doesn’t end well vs a good team. Missed field goals/poor Oline play can really make the coaches and score look bad in a hurry. Purdue desperately needs more talent/depth at all positions but especially upfront on the offensive line! Players make the plays not the coaches so I’m giving them a chance to build this thing up before blaming the coaches. Today was ugly but give Walters a chance to build this team before throwing him under the bus.
I'm w/ you, I said before the season 4 wins at max. Any time a middling program changes coaches, the first year is a throw away yr. Let's see what the team looks like in year 3. It's tough but people don't want to be patient

Reactions: *Shockerrr*
Not lookin good there either. Looks like Harrell make a quick drive to SB to run the USC offense.
they already had him on their staff years ago, their qb should make more commercials, actually a good pass rush makes some of these qb's ordinary

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT