ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

and the third one?

27.....left.

just-a-bit-outside.gif

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Need to pull out the old Keith Jackson line to the Peacock announcer, Kyle Rudolph - "It's not we anymore, Ara."

Last edited:
Reactions: tenwest
Yes play calling wasn’t good at times and it was definitely a frustrating game to watch but let’s try to remember that Walters is playing with a depleted roster across the board vs a team full of 4 and 5 stars. Major mistakes early was definitely a momentum killer when the halftime score could/should have been 20-10 at least. When DB’s that are “older starters” can’t cover/miss tackles while your O-line is JV talent it usually doesn’t end well vs a good team. Missed field goals/poor Oline play can really make the coaches and score look bad in a hurry. Purdue desperately needs more talent/depth at all positions but especially upfront on the offensive line! Players make the plays not the coaches so I’m giving them a chance to build this thing up before blaming the coaches. Today was ugly but give Walters a chance to build this team before throwing him under the bus.

Yes play calling wasn’t good at times and it was definitely a frustrating game to watch but let’s try to remember that Walters is playing with a depleted roster across the board vs a team full of 4 and 5 stars. Major mistakes early was definitely a momentum killer when the halftime score could/should have been 20-10 at least. When DB’s that are “older starters” can’t cover/miss tackles while your O-line is JV talent it usually doesn’t end well vs a good team. Missed field goals/poor Oline play can really make the coaches and score look bad in a hurry. Purdue desperately needs more talent/depth at all positions but especially upfront on the offensive line! Players make the plays not the coaches so I’m giving them a chance to build this thing up before blaming the coaches. Today was ugly but give Walters a chance to build this team before throwing him under the bus.
Doesn’t excuse the abysmal clock usage at the end of the half …. Which is all on Walters. First clear deer in the headlights glimpse which is a prophecy of what’s to come. He’s in over his head and this will end badly.

I agree, but he’s on the clock. Very disappointed with in game decision makings thus far. Expected a lot better than it’s been. He needs players as probably not one of his guys would start at Ohio State.

I heard a Purdue student kicked a 40 yard field goal. Unfortunately he came out of the stands and not the sideline. This Oregon at Washington game is a fun one. Looking forward to their arrival in the B1G. Purdue football may be a bottom feeder for many years unless someone turns this thing around.

I agree, but he’s on the clock. Very disappointed with in game decision makings thus far. Expected a lot better than it’s been. He needs players as probably not one of his guys would start at Ohio State.
100%!! But I recall Brohm not being the best decision maker either especially when it came to time management 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: SKYDOG and krf3632
100%!! But I recall Brohm not being the best decision maker either especially when it came to time management 🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah but Brohm excelled at least at some part of the rest of the game. I’m struggling to find a ray of light in Walters game. Offense is terrible, defense can’t stop anyone, and special teams keeps missing opportunities. What am I missing?

Yeah but Brohm excelled at least at some part of the rest of the game. I’m struggling to find a ray of light in Walters game. Offense is terrible, defense can’t stop anyone, and special teams keeps missing opportunities. What am I missing?
Recruiting…….look where the depth and talent stands with this team because of it?? Hard to make a good team in a short few months when a good amount of the recruits Brohm had on the team aren’t playing or left because they weren’t good enough to play so you depend on the transfer portal and the dudes he already has on the team. When you have no O-Line you have nothing!! Yeah coaching hasn’t been A+ so far but lack of depth from poor recruiting over the last few years can make a coach look real bad real fast when you’re depending on a bunch of transfers and a handful of freshmen starting. If the same crap is going on next year I’ll start to agree with you it’s the coaches but give the man a chance…it may be Harrells playing calling with the players he has not Walters 🤷🏼‍♂️. If it weren’t for Rondale, DBell, Karlaftis, and great “walk-on”QB w/ Charlie Jones his teams wouldn’t have done sh*t during his time at Purdue. His recruiting classes sucked outside of those dudes and this roster is an example of it!

Reactions: krf3632 and DrEss
Really embarrassing all the way around. Any momentum Walters had going with the program has come to an absolute halt.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT