ADVERTISEMENT

Oh No, we suck again!

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Till coaches and players get tired of getting pushed around, I can’t back off that headline. I don’t want excuses either. I want results. No depth...letting a shitty Rutgers push us around and we cannot adjust. We establish a run game and deviate and get beat. We are heading in the wrong direction.

Pathetic that a High school coach from Ben Davis High school is building a much better program every year...... think he took over IU program at same time....

He also started in a much better position.

That’s debatable maybe so maybe not. The point that isn’t debatable is Purdues regression at this point and time. It’s disappointing to me in year four that they can’t beat Rutgers.

How is it debatable? Lol

Before all the posters start using the KG injury excuse....It should be noted Rutgers first string QB was injured prior to the game and did not play. Their second string QB. Was mediocre in the first half and was benched. Their third string QB came in, started running the option, and we had no answer to try to stop him.

I repeat Rutgers played the game without their starting QB! And we lost to their 3rd string QB after building a nice first half lead.

just like against northwestern and minn we just watched and let the other team win!

In a loss, individual stats are meaningless!

That’s debatable maybe so maybe not. The point that isn’t debatable is Purdues regression at this point and time. It’s disappointing to me in year four that they can’t beat Rutgers.
Not just "can't beat Rutgers"...they were manhandled, laughed at and clowned on by Rutgers. It is one thing if they played well and somehow still lost...but, Rutgers was superior in every way...on the field, and, on the sidelines. Credit again to them...shame, however, on Purdue and Brohm.

Not just "can't beat Rutgers"...they were manhandled, laughed at and clowned on by Rutgers. It is one thing if they played well and somehow still lost...but, Rutgers was superior in every way...on the field, and, on the sidelines. Credit again to them...shame, however, on Purdue and Brohm.
It is both therapeutic and right to bust balls when underperformance seems acceptable to this staff. The staff themselves are not earning their paychecks. They are seemingly finding ways to be greater than 50% responsible for losses for crappy calls on offense. To not get crucial first downs by running the QB’s on short yardage situations, not coaching up the Defense and letting them push us around like a rag doll in the second half is unacceptable. Seems like a load of off season Strength and Conditioning was wasted on this 3-4 debacle. Purdue cannot stop the run...period.
Injuries and Covid be damned. We have no depth in year 4 to do a modest job. That is disheartening.

It is both therapeutic and right to bust balls when underperformance seems acceptable to this staff. The staff themselves are not earning their paychecks. They are seemingly finding ways to be greater than 50% responsible for losses for crappy calls on offense. To not get crucial first downs by running the QB’s on short yardage situations, not coaching up the Defense and letting them push us around like a rag doll in the second half is unacceptable. Seems like a load of off season Strength and Conditioning was wasted on this 3-4 debacle. Purdue cannot stop the run...period.
Injuries and Covid be damned. We have no depth in year 4 to do a modest job. That is disheartening.
Think about this; in the last three games they have one sack and that was today. Can’t stop the run nor mount much of a pass rush.

Think about this; in the last three games they have one sack and that was today. Can’t stop the run nor mount much of a pass rush.
Nor cover anyone...nor support the run from the secondary...nor tackle well from the secondary.

Again, they are not good at ANYTHING...that is their greatest accomplishment in that THAT is hard to do even.

Agree. It is too easy to use injuries, Covid and Karlaftis. Much more difficult that coaching cannot find tendencies on film to make others better. Coach our guys up with techniques, moves, blitzes, adjustments to make successful stops. I saw players that were flat out beat play in and play out. That isn’t all players, that is coaching them to make plays happen. We looked beaten down from 3rd qtr on.

They couldn’t beat Rutgers in year two either.

Reactions: SKYDOG
Embarrassing that Brohm is 0-2 vs Rutgers.

He has many more losses to Rutgers under Schiano if you include his Louisville-Rutgers losses (many more significant ones)... including #3 Louisville losing to #15 Rutgers in 2006 (with Brian Brohm at QB and Jeff Brohm at OC).

Costing them a shot at the BCS National Championship game that season. Rutgers was the only loss Louisville suffered that season. Going 12-1 and winning the Orange Bowl. Louisville finished #5 while Rutgers finished #12 that year in the rankings.

Last edited:
Reactions: bori_blanco
If that the reason, then why is Brohm best year is year 1?

Because he brought in a ton of grad transfers as band-aids. There were talented seniors on that team but the classes below them were for lack of a better term, dogshit. Majority of those guys that Hazell recruited transferred out and the depth had to be rebuilt.

Reactions: Level 42
If that the reason, then why is Brohm best year is year 1?
Because he brought in some transfers and catered to the player's skills instead of forcing them all to play in a system for which they were not suited. I can understand coaches wanting to install their systems, but it shouldn't be at the cost of a lot of unnecessary losses, and he really didn't have that option then.

Because he brought in some transfers and catered to the player's skills instead of forcing them all to play in a system for which they were not suited. I can understand coaches wanting to install their systems, but it shouldn't be at the cost of a lot of unnecessary losses, and he really didn't have that option then.

Exactly. He wanted to win in year 1 to get the program back on track and get the fans back which he did.

So! How do you feel about the Program after year 1?
So! How do you feel about the Rev. Coach Love program after he lets a key player back on the team with no real punishment after choking a woman? Make you feel proud?

So! How do you feel about the Rev. Coach Love program after he lets a key player back on the team with no real punishment after choking a woman? Make you feel proud?
I think he should have missed some games, but I not the coach. Rev. coach Love does sooooo much more for everyone else on the team that I can over look this one thing. Maybe our High school coach still believe in the young man. You guys should look for a High school coach who can beat Rutgers. I think your 6 million dollar man is (0-2) against them

I think he should have missed some games, but I not the coach. Rev. coach Love does sooooo much more for everyone else on the team that I can over look this one thing. Maybe our High school coach still believe in the young man. You guys should look for a High school coach who can beat Rutgers. I think your 6 million dollar man is (0-2) against them

The six million dollar man has now lost 5 times as a double-digit favorite. For as much sh*t as they talk about IU’s schedule, just imagine what Brohm’s record might look like if he could actually beat teams they were supposed to beat?

Yet they still hang their hat on the Ohio State game two years ago. Brohm was able to parlay that win on a magical night when all the stars aligned against a team they lose 99/100 times into a $6mil/yr extension and financial hardship for the Boiler athletic department for years to come.

Since then, Brohm has gone 8-15, has yet to develop a QB, and deploys an atrociously bad defensive scheme night in and night out. For all this talk about Rev. Coach Love, Brohm should be criminally investigated for the way he swindled the Purdue athletic department.

The six million dollar man has now lost 5 times as a double-digit favorite. For as much sh*t as they talk about IU’s schedule, just imagine what Brohm’s record might look like if he could actually beat teams they were supposed to beat?

Yet they still hang their hat on the Ohio State game two years ago. Brohm was able to parlay that win on a magical night when all the stars aligned against a team they lose 99/100 times into a $6mil/yr extension and financial hardship for the Boiler athletic department for years to come.

Since then, Brohm has gone 8-15, has yet to develop a QB, and deploys an atrociously bad defensive scheme night in and night out. For all this talk about Rev. Coach Love, Brohm should be criminally investigated for the way he swindled the Purdue athletic department.

Once again, why are you here? It’s clear you’re obsessed with Purdue football.

Reactions: Inspector100

Better discuss your suggestion with the ex prominent attorney, Mrs. Geese.

While you at it, ask Mrs. Geese what message she thinks it sends to a team and community to let a guy who choked a woman back on a football team with no real penalty. Maybe she is aware of cases of women getting threatened and beaten up by sociopaths and could comment with some insight - assuming she is not a 'winning is all that matters' clownpants fan like you.

Till coaches and players get tired of getting pushed around, I can’t back off that headline. I don’t want excuses either. I want results. No depth...letting a shitty Rutgers push us around and we cannot adjust. We establish a run game and deviate and get beat. We are heading in the wrong direction.
It is what it is!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT