ADVERTISEMENT

Officially out on Rondale Moore?

In case your not getting what's new, he said that he's locked in on Texas and plans to take no further visits

I think it's safe to say that we lose him due to our poor performances in last couple of weeks. A lot of dropped passes and some questionable coaching calls.

I'm sure CJB will do much better once he get his own players, but that's too bad on Moore...

I think it's safe to say that we lose him due to our poor performances in last couple of weeks. A lot of dropped passes and some questionable coaching calls.

I'm sure CJB will do much better once he get his own players, but that's too bad on Moore...
Doubt the last two weeks will impact. UT is hard to say no to.

Reactions: FearTheTrain
I would agree, as a WR, it's hard to commit to a team when you have no clue who the starting QB will be next year, or if Purdue will even emphasize a passing game. he may have been wavering, but after the last 3 games, he went with the sure thing.

Who will start next year? or will we see more QB roulette?

I would agree, as a WR, it's hard to commit to a team when you have no clue who the starting QB will be next year, or if Purdue will even emphasize a passing game. he may have been wavering, but after the last 3 games, he went with the sure thing.

Who will start next year? or will we see more QB roulette?
brohm wants to pass. This team doesnt have the roster to do what he wants to do.

those dropped passes might actually help Purdue land Moore. not everything is as it seems....

Last edited:
those dropped passes might actually help Purdue land Moore. not everything is as it seems....

I was going to say the same thing. If he watched the last game, he has to know he'd instantly be the most talented receiver on a team that loves to throw it around.

My Source says it is 3 hrs driving from St. Matthews, KY to West Lafayette, IN and 15.25 hrs driving from St. Matthews, KY to Austin, TX. Source is Google Map. :)

If parents want to see him play multiple times in a season, it would be much easier to drive to West Lafayette, IN.
Coach CJB just has to promise if Rondale works hard, he can see the field Freshman Year guaranteed.

Reactions: Wolegib
My Source says it is 3 hrs driving from St. Matthews, KY to West Lafayette, IN and 15.25 hrs driving from St. Matthews, KY to Austin, TX. Source is Google Map. :)

If parents want to see him play multiple times in a season, it would be much easier to drive to West Lafayette, IN.
Coach CJB just has to promise if Rondale works hard, he can see the field Freshman Year guaranteed.
He would definitely see the field. Since he would be the first WR to give us a vertical game for Brohm, and with Brohm's offense, I think he would lead us in receiving yards his first year.

brohm wants to pass. This team doesnt have the roster to do what he wants to do.
Said as much with the article on GBI today:

"Maybe we eliminate lot of sacks or negative plays and be a little more selective in throwing it vertically because we haven’t had a ton of success. It’s just something you’ve got to work through. It’s not our ideal way of thinking. But we’ve got to adjust. There are other ways to play football and win, and we’ve got to make sure we get our runners the ball, and whether we’re pounding it or spreading the field, either way we have to make sure we’ve moving the chains."

Goes with a train of thought that I have had for a few weeks and have seen as well. Brohm is a very aggressive play caller and has seemed to force some things at some times that the team just isn't prepared to do. I think the last portion of the season you'll see an offense more similar to Northwestern's where they use the running game out of the spread to establish some passing lanes for the slot WR's and try to get over the top when the chances are there out of play action.

related to Moore. ... sure he probably believes and we believe he would be our best receiver the day he walks on the campus. but our QB for next year is a huge ? There is no guarantee even if Brohm wanted to pass more, that our current or future players would be able to execute the type of offense to fully utilize and showcase his talents. if I'm a receiver, would I want to be part of an offense that passes for 250 yards one week, and then switches QB's because he threw 2 picks and passes for 80 yards and runs the ball 300 yards the next week?

is Texas any better? maybe, maybe not. At least Texas should have an outstanding o-line in the future. And Texas has a coach with a pass happy coaching past. Just think of Houston's offense implemented with Texas' traditional offensive linemen. I have to believe that's what the current Texas coach is selling his to his recruits.

Moore looked at Purdue, and we didn't show him very much in the past 3 weeks.. He committed to Texas, and has now said he's all in for Texas. at what point does your recruitment of a player become annoying? at what point when a player says he's totally in for a different school, do you accept his words and move on? or do you keep contacting him hoping to flip him until signing day?

related to Moore. ... sure he probably believes and we believe he would be our best receiver the day he walks on the campus. but our QB for next year is a huge ? There is no guarantee even if Brohm wanted to pass more, that our current or future players would be able to execute the type of offense to fully utilize and showcase his talents. if I'm a receiver, would I want to be part of an offense that passes for 250 yards one week, and then switches QB's because he threw 2 picks and passes for 80 yards and runs the ball 300 yards the next week?

is Texas any better? maybe, maybe not. At least Texas should have an outstanding o-line in the future. And Texas has a coach with a pass happy coaching past. Just think of Houston's offense implemented with Texas' traditional offensive linemen. I have to believe that's what the current Texas coach is selling his to his recruits.

Moore looked at Purdue, and we didn't show him very much in the past 3 weeks.. He committed to Texas, and has now said he's all in for Texas. at what point does your recruitment of a player become annoying? at what point when a player says he's totally in for a different school, do you accept his words and move on? or do you keep contacting him hoping to flip him until signing day?
Didn't show him much???? He saw we need receivers , what else you want him to see? There is no guarantee that Texas will be able to pass the ball any better than Purdue. Everyone knows Brohm is working on rebuilding the football team. And everyone is seeing the effort the team is giving. I think Moore is still considering Purdue, he is young , its a hard decision, he still has time to do what is best for him.

Didn't show him much???? He saw we need receivers , what else you want him to see? There is no guarantee that Texas will be able to pass the ball any better than Purdue. Everyone knows Brohm is working on rebuilding the football team. And everyone is seeing the effort the team is giving. I think Moore is still considering Purdue, he is young , its a hard decision, he still has time to do what is best for him.
I think Moore's decision likely is factored heavily by what occurs with the new early signing period. If he holds out after that early date, I think it bodes much better for Purdue because Texas likely searches for and verbals another WR prospect. Either way, this is the type of recruiting that the early signing period helps programs like Purdue. Instead of a very late decision and leaving Purdue searching for guys that can hopefully end up contributing, it gives Purdue time to find and establish a relationship with OR place more emphasis on guys that weren't deemed needs immediately.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

YES, I can agree, Purdue showed him in all of the last 3 games, that Purdue NEEDS him and he'd be a starter his first game. But the problem is Purdue didn't show him who next year's starting QB is going to be or if we'll have stability at that position. . Purdue didn't show him how great next year's offensive line is going to be. and Purdue didn't show him what next year's offense is going to look like. Will Purdue feature the TE ? Run the ball more? Stay with a short passing attack? air it out and go deep vertically? it could happen. he could be our featured player. but Purdue didn't show him that what we'd like to happen next year is what's going to happen.

I'm not going to say Purdue laid an egg against Rutgers. Nebraska and Minnesota. With a couple of breaks, we could have won all three games. What I'm saying, is Purdue didn't display what next year's offense will really look like. It could be totally different, or it could be more of the same. With Blough, we've become run happy. is that because he can't throw the ball? Sindelar has a great arm, but has not proven capable of directing and moving an offense, and he has definitely not proven he'll be the starter next year. Will we rotate Sipe, Plummer and Sindelar? Who knows?

if I'm an elite WR with many quality offers, before I commit to a college, I'd like some clarity as to what the future will hold, and how my talents will be both utilized and also showcased. If I were an elite athlete, I'd like to see signs on the field of what the coach is promising. That was Hazell's biggest fault. His team's performance on the field never came close to matching his recruiting pitch. And recruits saw right through his promises.

As a high school athlete, I have to believe Moore still has dreams of playing in the NFL. Will he be able to realize those dreams if he comes to Purdue? Yancy did with a very bad offense. So maybe there's hope.

We've had other elite WRs interested in Purdue in the last 2-3 years who signed with Louisville, MSU and OSU. I don't blame them for their decisions. it would be nice if Purdue was able to add a stable of WRs to go with our cradle of QBs.

All I know is since his official visit to UT. He has since followed a couple Purdue QBs on twitter. Also removed “pinned” items on his page about being a Texas commit.

All I know is since his official visit to UT. He has since followed a couple Purdue QBs on twitter. Also removed “pinned” items on his page about being a Texas commit.
ok. unlike some, I don't follow recruits' twitter accounts. I do know other players and girl friends tend to be the most influential recruiters.

Reactions: 32zone
Here’s a short summary of Moore’s game last night. http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...p-bohn-moore-lead-way-trinity-rout/831913001/

The Louisville news said the game went to a running clock IN THE 1st QUARTER. This was the first game of the state playoff system, but obviously matched up against a very weak team, 70-0 was the final. Trinity hasn’t given up a point for 5 straight games now (I think). Seneca had 1 first down and 8 yards of offense....

At Purdue, he can focus on skills, body, and school. At UT, likely two of the three, and UT will always net 4 and 5 star players within their own state to play over Moore. That realistically won’t happen at Purdue. We have challenges to get 4 star players with all the Big Boys around us (tOSU, MI, MSU, ND)

Say huh? Shane Buechele throws one of the best balls I’ve seen at the college level in some time. And he most certainly does not look to run first.

Shane has been backing up for the past 4-5 games. My brother is a huge Texas fan. Watched the game when Moore was on his official visit. They threw it further than 5 yards maybe twice.

Reactions: pboiler18
Well here’s his competition for being the greatest UT receiver of all time - quite a lineup (tic):
Limas Sweed
Mike Adams
Quan Cosby
Roy Williams
Jordan Shipley

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...vers-include-two-colt-mccoys-favorite-targets

Texas didn't have much of an emphasis on the passing game prior to Mack Brown except at times under Mackovic, but if you're talking talent or ability to stretch the defense, I'd throw Lovell Pinkney and Johnny "Lam" Jones in there as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT