ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive Coordinator hire is now absolutely CRITICAL

Oct 26, 2020
Needs to be someone who has PROVEN they can successfully run a wide open offense. Purdue has rarely been successful without a top notch passing attack. Was really hoping for Garrett Riley as HC. Any suggestions for OC?

It's going to take a fair amount of money AND a willingness to work for a first-time head coach.

Reactions: DrEss
Needs to be someone who has PROVEN they can successfully run a wide open offense. Purdue has rarely been successful without a top notch passing attack. Was really hoping for Garrett Riley as HC. Any suggestions for OC?
I am really hoping the OC is already in place.

That’s the problem. All the great offensive minds are head coaches. Or become head coaches in short order.
The only way this MAYBE works is if Brian Brohm decides he wants to break away from Jeff. Otherwise, we're gonna have flavor of the month from an offense perspective. Who the hell is coming to Purdue to work under an unproven defensive coach. This just has dumpster fire written all over it...

Deion isn't staying at Colorado long. Bring in Shephard as the oc/associate head coach and we have our next head coach ready assuming we have success and Colorado wants their son back.

Deion isn't staying at Colorado long. Bring in Shephard as the oc/associate head coach and we have our next head coach ready assuming we have success and Colorado wants their son back.

I'm thinking this is our only chance to salvage this major blunder on Bobinski's part.

Reactions: Boiler8285
The only way this MAYBE works is if Brian Brohm decides he wants to break away from Jeff. Otherwise, we're gonna have flavor of the month from an offense perspective. Who the hell is coming to Purdue to work under an unproven defensive coach. This just has dumpster fire written all over it...
even at Rutgers w/ a proven D coach, they changed OC's

Reactions: purduepat1969
If I was a betting man, he was probably higher on the hire list than the one we actually got.

Can't see this being a viable scenario at all

I'm not sure a defensive minded coach is going to hire a high octane offensive coordinator. Pass happy offenses are a defensive coordinators worse nightmare.

He bringing Mahomes?
Yep. May I introduce you to Pat's little brother. Matt Mahomes
maxresdefault.jpg

It's rumored we'll likely get Seth Littrell as our OC. He just got canned at North Texas...

No way. I’d take him with DeBoer or even as a HC but we would have zero offensive play calling experience in our staff. With a defensive HC I think we need someone with experience calling plays as OC.

The problem is the only OC with experience we'll be able to hire is an unsuccessful one in their previous outing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT