ADVERTISEMENT

obama paying ransom

As opposed to being deployed and killed with weapons we sold them before? Because much of their air power, in particular is stuff they bought directly from us. I mean, it was pretty "fun" being in the Gulf watching F-14s fly around Bandar Abbas and Bushehr, and have a P-3 Orion with Iranian flags marking on top of US ships every Wednesday and Saturday.

That worked out well didn't it. So let's double down and give them more sht.
Are you really that damned dumb or does Obama wear a holo in your eyes.
Sorry there is nothing that makes this deal OK with me. I could really give a flying fk what some tribunal with 6 foreign judges on it says.

ummm it does when the new regime swears death to america. Do we owe Russia for destroying their infrastructure by purposely giving them engineering plans for gas lines that leak? Or pretending we had certain radar on our planes? What are we talking about here? These aren't allies.
Right, but again, we agreed to this international board of arbitration AFTER the regime changed to the "Death to America" folks. 1981. So really, blame Reagan.

That worked out well didn't it. So let's double down and give them more sht.
Are you really that damned dumb or does Obama wear a holo in your eyes.
Sorry there is nothing that makes this deal OK with me. I could really give a flying fk what some tribunal with 6 foreign judges on it says.
Actually it worked out just fine. They fly that P-3 twice a week. Their F-14s don't go over water. So not really a big deal. And really? You're worried about what $400M buys them that they don't already have tenfold?

Dunno what a holo is, but again, I'm hardly an Obama supporter. A lot of you are just reaching for whatever you can get your hands on to complain about, in my opinion. It's become an emotional thing...

The panel seats 3 Americans and 3 Iranians. So... yeah. You may not care, but the US agreed to it under Ronald Reagan, so...

Anyway, no more good coming of this thread, so I'm out.

So you are saying we are at war with a country that we just gave 1.7 Billion to?
And this isn't the most idiotic transaction in the history of the U.S.
I pray to God my son doesn't get deployed and killed with weapons that were purchased with this money.
The law of war/law of armed conflict does not require that we are "at war." Drone strikes have nothing to do with Iran. We do not have to be at war with Iran to address whether a particular drone strike is legal or illegal depending on civilian casualties. The point in response to the question is that simply having civilian casualties in a drone strike does not make it "illegal."

Actually it worked out just fine. They fly that P-3 twice a week. Their F-14s don't go over water. So not really a big deal. And really? You're worried about what $400M buys them that they don't already have tenfold?

Dunno what a holo is, but again, I'm hardly an Obama supporter. A lot of you are just reaching for whatever you can get your hands on to complain about, in my opinion. It's become an emotional thing...

The panel seats 3 Americans and 3 Iranians. So... yeah. You may not care, but the US agreed to it under Ronald Reagan, so...

Anyway, no more good coming of this thread, so I'm out.
I assume he was trying to spell halo and then stumbled on correctly spelling that four-letter word.

Right, but again, we agreed to this international board of arbitration AFTER the regime changed to the "Death to America" folks. 1981. So really, blame Reagan.
well i guess that's where we diverge. I expect a leader to recognize a bad deal. And this wasn't the result of the international arbitration. This deal was done outside of that. Even if we assume everything you are saying is deadnuts true, WHY would you deliver this money the same day you get hostages back? There's no legitimate answer to that.

well i guess that's where we diverge. I expect a leader to recognize a bad deal. And this wasn't the result of the international arbitration. This deal was done outside of that. Even if we assume everything you are saying is deadnuts true, WHY would you deliver this money the same day you get hostages back? There's no legitimate answer to that.
And that argument also assumes that Iran is no more dangerous now than they were in 1981.

If the Weimar Republic loaned us $10 million in 1920, and Hitler demanded $250 million back in 1944, and some international court said to pay it, would FDR have paid it? No way.

Even if we assume everything you are saying is deadnuts true, WHY would you deliver this money the same day you get hostages back? There's no legitimate answer to that.
I agree and have said as much at least four times. I suspect Iran rigged it as such when they found out when the money was coming for exactly that optic. But really dumb on the Admin's part.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT