ADVERTISEMENT

NW Overflow Student Tix $5.00

I think it is great Purdue is trying to get fans in the stands. Where will they put the students? Are they planning to keep them close to the rest of the student section in the north endzone or are they spread out throughout the stadium?
It looked like they had about 12,000 tickets left when I recently checked, which means we are probably over our average attendance from last year already. I doubt we sell out but we shouldnt have any embarrasingly empty sections again...

I think it is great Purdue is trying to get fans in the stands. Where will they put the students? Are they planning to keep them close to the rest of the student section in the north endzone or are they spread out throughout the stadium?
It looked like they had about 12,000 tickets left when I recently checked, which means we are probably over our average attendance from last year already. I doubt we sell out but we shouldnt have any embarrasingly empty sections again...

12,000? That’d mean only 45k which would be under our average of 47k last year.

12,000? That’d mean only 45k which would be under our average of 47k last year.

It is a tough sell, Thursday night. Hard for folks to travel from places like Chicago. Also it is so late it is hard for families on a school night. Probably not many Northwestern fans planning to attend too. I bet they sell at least the 2,000 tickets between now and then to put us over 47,000. I think we sold around 45,000 last year for the Friday night game against Ohio so we are on par with last year. I also think there will be a bunch of empty seats as season tickets were up significantly, a lot of people may have bought them to get the OSU game and sell it but wont be able to attend the NU game. There are nearly 2,000 tickets still on Stubhub.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT