ADVERTISEMENT

Nuclear secrets found at Mar-lago

Up early this morning wondering what the spin/excuses that the Cult45 crowd will use as to what in the world was Trump doing with classified nuclear weapons documents at his personal residence.
Well if this is true I’m sure it’s just a case of the king removing a few baubles as keepsakes of his time on the throne. The real news, and I’m trying hard to suppress my victimhood tears here, is that those FBI meanies RANSACKED A CLOSET!
Oh, the humanity! Does anyone know if that closet will ever be okay again?

No I think this was already earmarked for the Crown Prince for the two billion that they gave Jarad and to be able to host all the Liv golf tournaments at his properties

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
No I think this was already earmarked for the Crown Prince for the two billion that they gave Jarad and to be able to host all the Liv golf tournaments at his properties
Now that Branden is fist-bumping buddies with the "prince", are he and Hunter in on that, or is that strictly a Jarad grift?

Reactions: pboiler18
Think maybe he was going to go in with Hunter on a sale to China?

Nah, more interested in the Pelosi kids business dealing as it at least attempts to appear legitimate.

I mean how can a company "Borqs is a Chinese telecoms company that specializes in 'Internet of Things' products" not be legitmate?

Was nice of his mother to schedule a visit to Taiwan that he got to tag along on for free so he could try and smoose with the Taiwan president.

Nah, more interested in the Pelosi kids business dealing as it at least attempts to appear legitimate.

I mean how can a company "Borqs is a Chinese telecoms company that specializes in 'Internet of Things' products" not be legitmate?

Was nice of his mother to schedule a visit to Taiwan that he got to tag along on for free so he could try and smoose with the Taiwan president.
How you guys can comment on people’s kids taking advantage of their parent’s political position with what happened from 16-20 is pretty damn hilarious.

And where's the video of Paul Pelosi's DUI arrest. They've kept that hidden pretty well. Rumor is that Mr. Pelosi had a woman in the car, and it wasn't Nancy Pelosi (and she was younger, hotter, etc.). Probably a good look for the Pelois family for that to get out. But hey, they're just following the lead of Biden in terms of corruption among democrats.

Anything to say on the topic?

Didn’t think so. Just more ad hom and deflection from the board’s resident Trump Champion. Team Trump!
Which topic? Your buffoonery?

You have demonstrated it sufficiently that I have nothing more to say about it at this time.

Reactions: Crayfish57
How do you know that?

And, how do you know you can trust whatever the FBI and DOJ claims they found when they have provided substantial proof over many years that neither can be trusted?
So, we should trust the police, but not the FBI and DOJ. Got it.

Forfeiting the “party of laws” moniker, I guess.

Because WaPo said it? hahahaha Oh jeez. Tell me about the server in Trump tower communicating with Russia
Well, four sets of documents marked SCI now being widely reported and on the receipt. Of course, Trump now saying they were declassified…. But of course you and I know that’s extremely unlikely at that level of classification unless those docs are from the 90s or earlier.

Well, four sets of documents marked SCI now being widely reported and on the receipt. Of course, Trump now saying they were declassified…. But of course you and I know that’s extremely unlikely at that level of classification unless those docs are from the 90s or earlier.
I know we've seen many references to the fact that presidents can declassify documents in the last few days (those about nuclear weapons not included, if, indeed, that becomes relevant). Do we know anything about the process for that? Like, can a president just say "these are now no longer classified" as he walks out the door on Jan 20 or would there have to be an official record of the change in status? Seems like it would be pretty easy to verify whether or not Trump's claim that he declassified the documents in question is true or not.

I know we've seen many references to the fact that presidents can declassify documents in the last few days (those about nuclear weapons not included, if, indeed, that becomes relevant). Do we know anything about the process for that? Like, can a president just say "these are now no longer classified" as he walks out the door on Jan 20 or would there have to be an official record of the change in status? Seems like it would be pretty easy to verify whether or not Trump's claim that he declassified the documents in question is true or not.
Both. The President is a classification authority and there is a process of changing the markings.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Depends on the locality, obviously.

Geez, maybe you should let chuckpig speak for you.
Correct, if the police are mostly white Christian men in Republican areas, we trust them, and the unarmed black men should do what they're told because cops are good.

The FBI, even under Republican-appointed leadership, is NOT to be trusted because Trump says so.

Puppet.

Both. The President is a classification authority and there is a process of changing the markings.
So, even if a president did it at the last possible moment, there would be a record, correct? Or does the mechanism work such that documents could be declassified without anyone else knowing about it? Like, is this Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy or would there necessarily have to be a paper trail that would verify whether or not a particular document was declassified?

14bn.gif

Correct, if the police are mostly white Christian men in Republican areas, we trust them, and the unarmed black men should do what they're told because cops are good.

The FBI, even under Republican-appointed leadership, is NOT to be trusted because Trump says so.

Puppet.
It is not to be trusted because of its record of corruption. Do you believe otherwise?

So, even if a president did it at the last possible moment, there would be a record, correct? Or does the mechanism work such that documents could be declassified without anyone else knowing about it? Like, is this Michael Scott declaring bankruptcy or would there necessarily have to be a paper trail that would verify whether or not a particular document was declassified?

14bn.gif
Haha I love that episode. In all seriousness, it is both. He can do it on the fly, so to speak, that doesn't mean he should have those documents in his possession.

14bn.gif
Documents classified by statute (like some nuclear docs) cannot be declassified.

Documents classified by statute (like some nuclear docs) cannot be declassified.
Yeah, but I’m not sure SAP is there. So far all I’ve seen is SCI, which is usually classified more due to the collection methods. Declassifying that stuff on the fly would be reckless (at best) in almost all cases.

Yeah, but I’m not sure SAP is there. So far all I’ve seen is SCI, which is usually classified more due to the collection methods. Declassifying that stuff on the fly would be reckless (at best) in almost all cases.

Identity of a highly placed asset in a foreign government or how the NSA has managed to technically penetrate a foreign military’s communication networks are examples of what could be in an SCI.

Identity of a highly placed asset in a foreign government or how the NSA has managed to technically penetrate a foreign military’s communication networks are examples of what could be in an SCI.
Right, which isn’t nuclear weapons stuff.

There’s very little chance any SCI to which Trump had access would be stuff he could legally/correctly declassify on a whim, that’s why I think it’s extremely unlikely that he is correct when he says it’s declassified stuff.

Haha I love that episode. In all seriousness, it is both. He can do it on the fly, so to speak, that doesn't mean he should have those documents in his possession.

He can do it on the fly, but it would still be documented and (theoretically) marked, especially at the SCI level.
Thanks for the info. I'm just trying to ascertain whether he could just say, "oh, I declassified those" and that'd just be the end of it because there'd be no way to prove that he didn't.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Have you idiots not learned anything over the last seven years? Are you all going to run with this based off “anonymous sources” again? Really? If he had documents that were that sensitive to national security, don’t you think this raid would have happened a long time ago? Why would they wait almost 2 years to get such highly classified information? Damn, critical thinking really eludes some of you

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT