ADVERTISEMENT

Nuclear secrets found at Mar-lago

Well if this is true I’m sure it’s just a case of the king removing a few baubles as keepsakes of his time on the throne. The real news, and I’m trying hard to suppress my victimhood tears here, is that those FBI meanies RANSACKED A CLOSET!
Oh, the humanity! Does anyone know if that closet will ever be okay again?
Word on the street is that some agents were tasked with bringing back fashionable things for Jill to wear since her wardrobe is barely a step above Hill's pantsuits.

Trump probably didn’t hand pack the boxes. Some low level staffer probably did.

I doubt there is anything criminal here.
We're in agreement on that. I mean, there's what, 15 boxes? That's a lot of paperwork to go through to make sure every single piece were declassified. There might be some 'stuff' in those boxes that Trump doesn't really need to be in possession of, but nothing from a national security or criminal standpoint.

There might be some 'stuff' in those boxes that Trump doesn't really need to be in possession of, but nothing from a national security or criminal standpoint.
By its very definition, SCI is national security-related. There is no hand-waving away the severity of having SCI material in your house. We are absolutely not in agreement about that. Even when de-compartmentalized (no longer part of a named special program), the information usually remains classified at a TS level for 25 years or more.

As I mentioned, while I doubt anything criminal, that he and his staff would "misplace" four caches of SCI material is indicative of someone who should never be granted access at that level again. That is what would happen to anyone who did that at any other level, at minimum - access revocation if not loss of clearance entirely. A contractor would be fired, a GS likely would have severe consequences, and if they lost their access would probably lose their job as well.

So, while maybe not criminal, still extremely serious.

As ever, Trump is unfit for public office. This is just example number 105 of why. He and the staff he appoints don't take really anything very seriously and/or professionally at all.

He should be condemned for this, as Hillary rightly was in her instance. The difference is, one of them was actually caught with highly classified information in their possession.

By its very definition, SCI is national security-related. There is no hand-waving away the severity of having SCI material in your house. We are absolutely not in agreement about that. Even when de-compartmentalized (no longer part of a named special program), the information usually remains classified at a TS level for 25 years or more.

As I mentioned, while I doubt anything criminal, that he and his staff would "misplace" four caches of SCI material is indicative of someone who should never be granted access at that level again. That is what would happen to anyone who did that at any other level, at minimum - access revocation if not loss of clearance entirely. A contractor would be fired, a GS likely would have severe consequences, and if they lost their access would probably lose their job as well.

So, while maybe not criminal, still extremely serious.

As ever, Trump is unfit for public office. This is just example number 105 of why. He and the staff he appoints don't take really anything very seriously and/or professionally at all.

He should be condemned for this, as Hillary rightly was in her instance. The difference is, one of them was actually caught with highly classified information in their possession.
Have they shared what they found at MAL? I'm not aware of a report coming out. Mostly speculation.

They just didn't know what the C stood for!!

“C”… heh. Compared to TS and SCI, C is nothing.

Stop defending Trump on this.
If it is proven he is guilty I won't defend him.
He just has a track record of being proven right.
He should have bleached or burned the subpeoned documents and all would be forgotten-NOT.

If it is proven he is guilty I won't defend him.
He just has a track record of being proven right.
He should have bleached or burned the subpeoned documents and all would be forgotten-NOT.
So, Hillary wasn’t proven to be guilty of anything… yet you bring her up at every turn. Hypocrite.

Trump has a track record of muddying the waters enough and toeing the line of legality and ethics, obfuscating the truth and law enough to keep himself out of prison. That doesn’t make him “right.”

So, Hillary wasn’t proven to be guilty of anything… yet you bring her up at every turn. Hypocrite.

Trump has a track record of muddying the waters enough and toeing the line of legality and ethics, obfuscating the truth and law enough to keep himself out of prison. That doesn’t make him “right.”
The hypocricy is in the 2 tiered system of justice.
HRC smashed subpoened cell phones and destroyed a subpoened comoputer hard drive to hide evidence.
That in itself is a crime. And what was she hiding?
Did Trump burn the subpoened documents in question?

The hypocricy is in the 2 tiered system of justice.
HRC smashed subpoened cell phones and destroyed a subpoened comoputer hard drive to hide evidence.
That in itself is a crime. And what was she hiding?
Did Trump burn the subpoened documents in question?
That’s not hypocrisy. It’s the foundation of our justice system. You can’t put someone in prison on suspicion of something and hold them without evidence. If law enforcement believed she tampered with evidence, then she should have been prosecuted as such.

I have no idea what Clinton did. I don’t trust her. I don’t like her. I’m glad she’s been put out to pasture.

So, we can admit we probably made mistakes with Clinton…

Let’s not do the same thing again with Trump.

And in any case, Clinton lost the election because of this. Let’s hope this prevents Trump from running as the Republican candidate.

Condemn them both. I’m still waiting for you clowns to condemn Trump here. But you cant. Or won’t. It’s just mind boggling. The dude made a mistake. Call him on it.

That’s not hypocrisy. It’s the foundation of our justice system. You can’t put someone in prison on suspicion of something and hold them without evidence. If law enforcement believed she tampered with evidence, then she should have been prosecuted as such.

I have no idea what Clinton did. I don’t trust her. I don’t like her. I’m glad she’s been put out to pasture.

So, we can admit we probably made mistakes with Clinton…

Let’s not do the same thing again with Trump.

And in any case, Clinton lost the election because of this. Let’s hope this prevents Trump from running as the Republican candidate.

Condemn them both. I’m still waiting for you clowns to condemn Trump here. But you cant. Or won’t. It’s just mind boggling. The dude made a mistake. Call him on it.
I will condemn him when/if he is found guilty.
You can only cry wolf so many times and people, unbiased people, tend to question the reliability of the wolf caller.

I will condemn him when/if he is found guilty.
You can only cry wolf so many times and people, unbiased people, tend to question the reliability of the wolf caller.
Hillary was never "found guilty" of anything.

The FBI investigated and determined she was negligent, not criminally liable.

The same will happen with Trump.

And for the record, yes, i think Hillary should have been charged.
Problem is, like will happen with Trump, to charge a crime with this stuff you have to prove willfulness - as in, they knew what they were doing, they did it anyway, and in the highest charges (e.g. Treason) that they had a nefarious purpose beyond laziness or ignorance for doing so.

There's no way they'll ever be able to prove that, which is why they didn't charge Hillary and which is why they won't charge Trump either.

Problem is, like will happen with Trump, to charge a crime with this stuff you have to prove willfulness - as in, they knew what they were doing, they did it anyway, and in the highest charges (e.g. Treason) that they had a nefarious purpose beyond laziness or ignorance for doing so.

There's no way they'll ever be able to prove that, which is why they didn't charge Hillary and which is why they won't charge Trump either.

Understand your point, however, the Espionage act is a bit more vague in what people can be charged with. I could be wrong, but in theory ... if the DOJ can prove that Trump kept documents at MAL and the information (something related to our defense) got somehow leaked to a foreign official, he might be technically guilty on this. Maybe Kid Rock is the hidden witness (tic).

See below on the Espionage Act.

The law does not explicitly define what "national defense" is or what information could threaten it, she added. Although the U.S. has since created a classification system, there is still a lot of room for interpretation.

More concerning to Kitrosser, the law does not explicitly care about public interest or whether the leaker in question had good motives. That's why a broad spectrum of people can be under threat.

I do agree in general that i don't think Trump is ever actually convicted.

Understand your point, however, the Espionage act is a bit more vague in what people can be charged with. I could be wrong, but in theory ... if the DOJ can prove that Trump kept documents at MAL and the information (something related to our defense) got somehow leaked to a foreign official, he might be technically guilty on this.

More concerning to Kitrosser, the law does not explicitly care about public interest or whether the leaker in question had good motives.
Well, the second part of what you wrote is key. Possession is not necessarily a "leak".

Same standard would apply to HRC's emails. Yep, classified information on an unclassfied network is bad. But you can usually determine and trace who the emails went to and if anyone else had access to the server, and could've seen those emails. The existence of classified information on unclassified networks is known as "spillage" but isn't the same as a "leak."

A "leak" would be when someone without authorized access to that particular information becomes privy to it because of the negligence or actions of someone with access/clearance.

I *believe* the FBI determined that while there was obviously "spillage" in Clinton's emails, none of the information had gone beyond those with access. Still bad - revoke access, reprimand, remove from office.

If they determine that due to Trump/Trump's staff's negligence, someone without access gained access to the information, then yeah, that's going to be a real problem. The fact that it simply "could have happened" isn't going to be enough for criminal charges, except in the worst cases, like large caches of information just strewn about your house to the point of criminal negligence.

Reactions: Bill4411
Well, the second part of what you wrote is key. Possession is not necessarily a "leak".

Same standard would apply to HRC's emails. Yep, classified information on an unclassfied network is bad. But you can usually determine and trace who the emails went to and if anyone else had access to the server, and could've seen those emails. The existence of classified information on unclassified networks is known as "spillage" but isn't the same as a "leak."

A "leak" would be when someone without authorized access to that particular information becomes privy to it because of the negligence or actions of someone with access/clearance.

I *believe* the FBI determined that while there was obviously "spillage" in Clinton's emails, none of the information had gone beyond those with access. Still bad - revoke access, reprimand, remove from office.

If they determine that due to Trump/Trump's staff's negligence, someone without access gained access to the information, then yeah, that's going to be a real problem. The fact that it simply "could have happened" isn't going to be enough for criminal charges, except in the worst cases, like large caches of information just strewn about your house to the point of criminal negligence.
Just spit-balling and complete conjecture here …

But it’s not crazy to think at some point Trump was showing off to guests at MAL and showed something that he should not have (even if he didn’t intend any harm) to someone he should not. And I’m not even talking about leaking to an enemy (like Russia) or whatever … but some foreign dignitary (from an ally .. lets just say the UK) at MAL for an event … Trump brags about what he still has and shows them something.

The dignitary calls the FBI and says ‘oh by the way, Trump just showed me X when i was at MAL’ and X is something he shouldn’t have.

If i was charged with defending Trump, I’d be going through MAL guest logs with a fine tooth comb right now.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Just spit-balling and complete conjecture here …

But it’s not crazy to think at some point Trump was showing off to guests at MAL and showed something that he should not have (even if he didn’t intend any harm) to someone he should not. And I’m not even talking about leaking to an enemy (like Russia) or whatever … but some foreign dignitary (from an ally .. lets just say the UK) at MAL for an event … Trump brags about what he still has and shows them something.

The dignitary calls the FBI and says ‘oh by the way, Trump just showed me X when i was at MAL’ and X is something he shouldn’t have.

If i was charged with defending Trump, I’d be going through MAL guest logs with a fine tooth comb right now.
Well sure, if he did THAT.

Like I said though, I don't think Trump was one to pay much attention to classified information or not. Just doesn't seem like a detail he'd care about or think he should care about.

Well sure, if he did THAT.

Like I said though, I don't think Trump was one to pay much attention to classified information or not. Just doesn't seem like a detail he'd care about or think he should care about.
I will just add this from Woodward’s book (read the last 2 paragraphs). Does anybody doubt Trump ‘might’ have something about whatever this is and tried to show off? I mean he said this on tape to Woodward before they ever announced anything about such a program.

FZ-JygwXgAEa5Ly

Reactions: Bill4411
I will just add this from Woodward’s book (read the last 2 paragraphs). Does anybody doubt Trump ‘might’ have something about whatever this is and tried to show off? I mean he said this on tape to Woodward before they ever announced anything about such a program.

FZ-JygwXgAEa5Ly
Next you'll be quoting Michael Avenatti as a reliable source with Adam Shiff as his co-author.

• Haha
Reactions: BSIT
I remember that Trump disclosed highly secret (classified) information to Russians (ambassador and foreign minister) at a meeting in the Oval Office sometime in late April or early May of 2017. After that incident I think they were more careful about what was given/revealed to him. Apparently, based on what is being reported, not careful enough.

I remember that Trump disclosed highly secret (classified) information to Russians (ambassador and foreign minister) at a meeting in the Oval Office sometime in late April or early May of 2017. After that incident I think they were more careful about what was given/revealed to him. Apparently, based on what is being reported, not careful enough.
Wasn't that Israeli intelligence? I think they shared it with us presuming we could keep a secret.

How you guys can comment on people’s kids taking advantage of their parent’s political position with what happened from 16-20 is pretty damn hilarious.
Let's see:
-- The Justice Department/FBI undermined Trump from the moment he got the nomination. They went after his staff and started an FALSE narrative about Russian Collusion. Illegal FISA applications tried to give this LIE some legitimacy.
-- The Dems launched TWO BOGUS Impeachments to drive stakes through Trump's Political heart, so he could never run again. Adam Adam Schiff repeatedly told us he had the evidence to show Trump's guilt. As usual, every word out of Schiff's mouth was a lie. This home invasion is just the next chapter in the attempt to kill Trump Politically.
-- The Mueller Investigation was another scam, which found nothing even though it was conducted by over a dozen Dem Lawyers. Durham has found a lot of discrepancies and omissions in the Mueller Report. It will be interesting what the ultimate disposition will be, but I'm afraid that even if he finds smoking guns, Garland will protect those involved and they'll walk.

FYI, it wasn't just Hunter, who took advantage. Both Biden's brothers and his sister cashed in too and of course, the Big Guy got his 10%.

It's amazing how up in arms you are about all of this manufactured crap about Trump, but you're OK with 50 years of the Biden Crime Family getting wealthy on the taxpayer's dime. Have you even spent a second wondering about what Biden was supposed to deliver to the Russians & Chinese for the $Millions that they paid Hunter? He's certainly made the country weaker Economically, Militarily and Geopolitically. But, he's a Dem, so he doesn't deserve any scrutiny, since the Evil Orange Guy is still walking the Earth.

FYI, I don't want Trump to run again, because I'm sick of the drama and polarization, but I recognize how the Dems & MSM (same thing) were in Nuclear Attack mode from the moment he got nominated. No pretense of objectivity or fairness was shown to Trump from Day 01 and it continues still. If you aren't part of the Political Establishment, you must be destroyed.

So, we should trust the police, but not the FBI and DOJ. Got it.

Forfeiting the “party of laws” moniker, I guess.
Nice try. I believe the DOJ & FBI have established a fairly substantial record of trying to undermine Trump. Your deflection was lame at best.

Reactions: BSIT
Well, four sets of documents marked SCI now being widely reported and on the receipt. Of course, Trump now saying they were declassified…. But of course you and I know that’s extremely unlikely at that level of classification unless those docs are from the 90s or earlier.
You've gotta love Trial by Press. WE don't really know squat about what was found in those boxes, but everyone has an opinion, based on the news source they prefer. Leaks are always so reliable.

ALL the news sources from the Left will portray it as some form of treason and the weak minded will buy into that and parrot that information to anyone, who will listen. It's interesting that none of this came up until a few months before the midterm elections. They've had 19 months. Is it just possible that the Dems, who know they're facing slaughter in the midterms, just threw a Hail Mary against Trump to fire up their base, before the election?

I still think this will cause a lot of heated debate, until the elections are over and then we'll hear the truth and it won't be as dramatic as some of you want to believe.

It is amusing watching the Dems turn into savage beasts at the mere mention of Trump.

He can do it on the fly, but it would still be documented and (theoretically) marked, especially at the SCI level.
SCI material is kept in a SCIF (Secure Compartmented Information Facility) and you have to sign your name on the coversheet, before you read it. You also need the requisite clearance and to be "read into" the specific program that is related to the TS SCI document.

I'll assume that there is a sign out sheet in the WH, although I've never read TS SCI anywhere, but in a SCIF. It would have the name of the person, who read it and a time & date. If the President wanted to see a TS SCI document in the Oval Office, I'd assume someone would bring it to him and stay with him, until he read it. Then it would be immediately returned to the SCIF.

I find it very difficult to believe that an SCI Document could have remained out of the SCIF for 19 months and NO ONE noticed. That material gets audited on a regular basis (daily, I believe) and every document has to be accounted for.

Having dealt with a fair amount of TS SCI in my Naval career, this story sounds way too outrageous to be true, but it's great bait to fire up the TDS crowd and get them grabbing pitch forks and torches.

If the DOJ knew about them....
when they got the 15 boxes in January, did they just say "It's ok Mr. President, you can keep the others"?

You're assuming DOJ knew the classified documents were there. We don't know that.

There is a report of an insider. Don't know if that's true. But it would explain how DOJ found out about them.

Are you saying the document story is fake? The documents were planted? The documents are not classified? Your argument suggests something along those lines. What is it?
As usual, Bob, you're talking out your ass.

If it was a TS SCI document, it would have been required to be placed back in the SCIF the same day it was taken out. If Trump wanted to see it again, he could get it again the next day. Those documents are very tightly controlled. Everywhere I've ever been, you had to read TS SCI documents inside the SCIF. You could NOT remove them. I would be surprised if the WH worked any other way, due to security concerns.

Perhaps they had a system, where someone could deliver a TS SCI document to Trump in the Oval Office, but it would have been returned as soon as he read it. It's not something that lays around in an out basket all day.

The SCIF Manager would have been raising Holy Hell, if a document hadn't been returned on the same day it was checked out (assuming that's even possible). If a document goes missing, the SCIF manager has killed his career and could face legal charges. It's not an "Oops, my bad" situation.

Everything about this story reeks of BS.

If it was a TS SCI document, it would have been required to be placed back in the SCIF the same day it was taken out. If Trump wanted to see it again, he could get it again the next day. Those documents are very tightly controlled. Everywhere I've ever been, you had to read TS SCI documents inside the SCIF. You could NOT remove them. I would be surprised if the WH worked any other way, due to security concerns.

Perhaps they had a system, where someone could deliver a TS SCI document to Trump in the Oval Office, but it would have been returned as soon as he read it. It's not something that lays around in an out basket all day.

The SCIF Manager would have been raising Holy Hell, if a document hadn't been returned on the same day it was checked out (assuming that's even possible). If a document goes missing, the SCIF manager has killed his career and could face legal charges. It's not an "Oops, my bad" situation.

I am quite certain there are SCIF waivers in place for the Oval Office. I would be utterly shocked if that were not the case.

But what about what about about?

Condemn BOTH of them or shut the **** up.
We know what HRC had on her server, since the FBI did a forensic analysis of the hard drive and Comey spelled out the details.

With Trump, we know nothing for sure, but all the usual characters from the Left are chiming in with speculation to create as much outrage as possible. I'm still wondering when the Dems will finally wake up and get tired of being manipulated.

All the Trump crap was based on lies and now you're hearing new lies from the same sources and still getting outraged. Why?

Just because the Big Orange Guy is annoying and Mean Tweets, you're willing to assume all the crap the Dems have spewed is true, even though the vast majority of it has proven to be LIES. If I knew a person, who lied almost every time he talked, It wouldn't take me long to discount what he says.

I am quite certain there are SCIF waivers in place for the Oval Office. I would be utterly shocked if that were not the case.
Are you assuming or have you worked in the WH?

As I speculated, I could see someone delivering a document to the President and returning it to the SCIF, after he had read it. I would be very surprised, if the waivers allowed people to retain TS SCI documents overnight. That defeats the purpose of the program.

Are you assuming or have you worked in the WH?

As I speculated, I could see someone delivering a document to the President and returning it to the SCIF, after he had read it. I would be very surprised, if the waivers allowed people to retain TS SCI documents overnight. That defeats the purpose of the program.
I am doing the same thing you are: assuming based on what I know about the program. The Oval Office is secured 24/7. When open for VIP tours, it is sanitized. The general public doesn’t get into the West Wing… care to guess why?

There are SCIF level STU phones in there, of that I am quite certain. I doubt the same policy that’s in effect at the places I worked with a SCIF apply to the Oval Office when it is occupied by the President.

But shifting the blame to some low level security manager isn’t going to excuse away Trump retaining the document in any way. Both would be at fault.

Yes, I do, but again, there are protocols and the likelihood that he declassified SCI material is remote. And even if he did, that doesn’t give him blanket permission to take it.

It is far, FAR more likely that they took the material by mistake/carelessness than it is that Donald Trump declassified it properly.

But what do I know? I only had SCI clearance for 22 years (still current) and access for about 4 years out of that time. SCI access is so tightly controlled that it is utterly comical that ignorant people believe Trump having it at Mar A Lago is going to be hand-waved away.
First, how sure are you that he actually had any TS SCI at his home? Are you basing that opinion on reports from the same people, who gave you 4 years of Russian Collusion and Hunter's Laptop is Russian Misinformation? You may want to wait for more facts to come out, if that's the case.

Here's a not so crazy Conspiracy theory:
What if one of the people involved in the Trump Home Invasion brought along a TS SCI document and planted it among Trump's papers. It would have been easy to do, since they didn't allow anyone in the house, during the search, not even his lawyers, which is a bit unusual. It would also explain WHY they didn't want anyone in the house, during the search.

If Trump's lawyers are at all sharp, they would want to see, when the document went missing, the efforts made to recover the document. You've got to believe that they would have asked Trump, his CoS and anyone else that worked in the vicinity. You don't misplace TS SCI without a major effort to find it. If there's no record of that occurring, then you have to assume skullduggery.

What makes my alarm bells go off is that this issue was dormant for 19 months. Now, a few months before the Midterms, it becomes a big deal. You've worked with TS SCI before, so you know the measures they would take to find/recover the document.

Think what you will of Trump. but I don't think he's so arrogant or stupid that he would willfully keep a document, which is potentially a hand grenade with the pin pulled.

I am doing the same thing you are: assuming based on what I know about the program. The Oval Office is secured 24/7. When open for VIP tours, it is sanitized. The general public doesn’t get into the West Wing… care to guess why?

There are SCIF level STU phones in there, of that I am quite certain. I doubt the same policy that’s in effect at the places I worked with a SCIF apply to the Oval Office when it is occupied by the President.

But shifting the blame to some low level security manager isn’t going to excuse away Trump retaining the document in any way. Both would be at fault.
I've been there. I know why. The Oval Office is secure, but it's NOT a SCIF. You can't leave those documents there, since Secret Service agents may have access, but not clearance, which is why those documents remain in a SCIF.

Where did I shift the blame to anyone? I'm saying that if I were the SCIF Manager, I wouldn't hesitate to turn over every stone to find the document, if it were missing. I would try to convince the President that it needs to go back into the SCIF every night and promise to bring it back to him the next morning, if I had to. Part of his job is to teach the Politicians how important security is, when related to these documents.

I'm surprised that if there was TS SCI missing, that it wasn't brought up in the June meeting. From everything I've heard, it was an amicable meeting.

This whole thing is starting to stink like the phony FISA Warrants. They seem determined to take Trump down using any means possible.

"The Trump camp put out a statement later, saying “everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time” and that Trump would take documents, including classified documents, to his residence to “prepare for work the next day.”

Is that trump talking out of his ass? Is it possible that, like other admin personnel the person in charge of the classified documents refused stand up to him and demand the documents be returned that day? Of course it is. When you surround yourself with yes men it happens all the time.

Would you like some links to the stories from WH personnel who talked about how sloppy the record and document retention was in that WH? How trump used to throw things in a box to read later. When trump traveled he would have aides bring the boxeS with them for him to go through when he got time.

"The Trump camp put out a statement later, saying “everyone ends up having to bring home their work from time to time” and that Trump would take documents, including classified documents, to his residence to “prepare for work the next day.”

Is that trump talking out of his ass? Is it possible that, like other admin personnel the person in charge of the classified documents refused stand up to him and demand the documents be returned that day? Of course it is. When you surround yourself with yes men it happens all the time.

Would you like some links to the stories from WH personnel who talked about how sloppy the record and document retention was in that WH? How trump used to throw things in a box to read later. When trump traveled he would have aides bring the boxeS with them for him to go through when he got time.
Huma says thanks for your support

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT