ADVERTISEMENT

NPOY and Seeding

depthcharge623

Sophomore
Dec 31, 2013
It has been pointed out that playing on a winning team helps ones chances for a NPOY, and Edey has benefitted from how Purdue has done most of the season.

I wonder if the reverse is true too. Does having a likely NPOY “increase our stock” in the eyers of the bracket committee? I know a lot of seeding is based metrics (NET, etc) and pre-defined rules, but no doubt there will always be a subjective element to it. So does the fact that Purdue has a likely NPOY help our odds of getting a 1 seed (or a higher seed no matter where we fall)?

It's not supposed to, but the committee is made up of humans. Hard to tell where anyone's subjectivity lies.

I kind of wonder if Jalen Wilson has firmly pushed his way into a very serious candidate as NPOY. Kansas right *should* be the #1 overall seed. They are ahead right now for a Big 12 title. Averaging about 20 and 8. Will definitely be a 1st team AA.

Every game is on TV.
Dah, not every game draws the same number of eye balls.
It's about getting the eye balls.
Why was the TJD and Edey matchup advertised so much.
So people who have no interest in IU or PU would be drawn into watching the game.

I kind of wonder if Jalen Wilson has firmly pushed his way into a very serious candidate as NPOY. Kansas right *should* be the #1 overall seed. They are ahead right now for a Big 12 title. Averaging about 20 and 8. Will definitely be a 1st team AA.
Vegas says NO. Most have taken it off the board. Looks like MGM still has it up and Edey is -2000 Wilson is +1000 and Davis is +1800

Dah, not every game draws the same number of eye balls.
It's about getting the eye balls.
Why was the TJD and Edey matchup advertised so much.
So people who have no interest in IU or PU would be drawn into watching the game.
There is no known correlation of teams with NPOYs getting bumped a seed. Last year, Kentucky with Oscar was a 2-seed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT