ADVERTISEMENT

NOW is the time to wear your Purdue stuff out in public.

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
I just picked up some pizza in full regalia, Zach hockey shirt, Purdue hat and gloves. The look of sheer shock and wonderment from those behind the counter was worth it. I haven't seen that kind of a look from folks since I walked into a small family restaurant on the Isle of Wight, rain-drenched and wearing a full length white duster. (I was in search of the perfect Shepard's pie. And still am.)

One of the servers came up and yelled "Now THAT'S a Purdue fan!!!" I'm one too, and that's GREAT!" I told her her "You wear it when they win, you wear it when they lose." Then they ALL wanted to talk to me. THAT'S how you push the brand as a fan.

Boiler UP, Hammer DOWN!!!

The board is full of fair weather fans.....so refreshing to read your post.

Boiler up!
It's chock-full of sleeper trolls as well (although more and more I'm thinking it's two, probably just one guy with a bunch of burner ID's). You sift. Some of the psychotic reactions I've seen from folks I know is kinda worrisome.
stripes lighten GIF

• Love
Reactions: New Pal Boiler
I just picked up some pizza in full regalia, Zach hockey shirt, Purdue hat and gloves. The look of sheer shock and wonderment from those behind the counter was worth it. I haven't seen that kind of a look from folks since I walked into a small family restaurant on the Isle of Wight, rain-drenched and wearing a full length white duster. (I was in search of the perfect Shepard's pie. And still am.)

One of the servers came up and yelled "Now THAT'S a Purdue fan!!!" I'm one too, and that's GREAT!" I told her her "You wear it when they win, you wear it when they lose." Then they ALL wanted to talk to me. THAT'S how you push the brand as a fan.

Just seems sorta obnoxious, honestly.

And weird.

Did that earlier today. Went to watch my grandson bowl in his league. I wore my JPC hat and a Purdue pullover. A week ago there were plenty of other people also dressed in Purdue garb. But today I saw no one else dressed in Purdue garb.

Did that earlier today. Went to watch my grandson bowl in his league. I wore my JPC hat and a Purdue pullover. A week ago there were plenty of other people also dressed in Purdue garb. But today I saw no one else dressed in Purdue garb.
Probably going to be discounts on Purdue merchandise in the coming months.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: drewjin and sku

I did the same. It generated lots of conversations about what happened.

Wore my Purdue bball shirt to the gym this morning. Expecting some shit but then 2 old guys mentioned it and they were Boiler fans. Nice old guys. Older than me I think. It was a pleasant post game experience. But yeah today I wore the colors of a team ranked No. 1 for several weeks this season to the store. No one said anything about the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT