ADVERTISEMENT

Now Applauding What Used to Be Cheating

"A lot of us..." lol

Clank, did you break into your piggy bank? Does your mother know?
I’m sorry if my sentence was too vague or triggering for you. I was merely asking a simple question since previously you were asking people if they “ponied up” as if that’s some sort of argument for you.

Let me rephrase 😄: The boilermaker alliance has plenty of patrons like you (doubtful), people on this board, etc. that already donate to this cause you speak of.

And yes, some of us have “ponied up” and judging from your response you haven’t, which there’s no judgement from my end.

Now do us all a favor and stop spamming some variation of “you pay 16 million dollars then!” over and over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ajas0810

Unbelievable. In other words, buy your players or watch from the sidelines.

Like you say people have paid for players for some time.

Surely there are many, many NIL recipients that are not in the FF. iu players as an example, Edey as another.

The key is to add an elite, experienced guard/wing to elite guard/wing you already have. Without Wong, Pack would be on the sidelines.

Kinda a moot point for Purdue.
*One, we do not have elite guards. Good ones, sure. But elite, like Carsen, Ivey, Moore, not at this time.

*Two, there is nothing about CMP and his past comments, that tells me he is ready to win a bidding war or even participate in one.

Reactions: pboiler18

Surely there are many, many NIL recipients that are not in the FF. iu players as an example, Edey as another.

The key is to add an elite, experienced guard/wing to elite guard/wing you already have. Without Wong, Pack would be on the sidelines.

*One, we do not have elite guards. Good ones, sure. But elite, like Carsen, Ivey, Moore, not at this time.

*Two, there is nothing about CMP and his past comments, that tells me he is ready to win a bidding war or even participate in one.
If you dont have funds, as much as you might like to participate you can’t. Can’t blame Painter for losing a bidding war with no budget.

Reactions: Ajas0810
I’m sorry if my sentence was too vague or triggering for you. I was merely asking a simple question since previously you were asking people if they “ponied up” as if that’s some sort of argument for you.

Let me rephrase 😄: The boilermaker alliance has plenty of patrons like you (doubtful), people on this board, etc. that already donate to this cause you speak of.

And yes, some of us have “ponied up” and judging from your response you haven’t, which there’s no judgement from my end.

Now do us all a favor and stop spamming some variation of “you pay 16 million dollars then!” over and over again.
Based on your complete lack of Purdue recruiting knowledge and statements you have made about NIL, no one believes you are a donor. lol. You only started trolling here after the loss, and you have been getting your kicks out of insulting people like a teenager on Mom's computer.

Based on your complete lack of Purdue recruiting knowledge and statements you have made about NIL, no one believes you are a donor. lol. You only started trolling here after the loss, and you have been getting your kicks out of insulting people like a teenager on Mom's computer.
+1,000. These 4-5 Purdue “fans” started posting here last week with no post count to speak of. Are we to believe that our loss helped create new super fans?

Or, are they the same IU and other fan base trolls who always show up and then disappear quickly?

If you dont have funds, as much as you might like to participate you can’t. Can’t blame Painter for losing a bidding war with no budget.

Really?
Sounds like you are saying you know what funds are available. What is the budget you say they have/don't have?

Reactions: clankhan

I think there are two problems:

1) The NCAA said NIL can't be used as an incentive for recruiting players. I believe PU takes that literally and does not attempt to attract players via NIL. I realize this is almost impossible to police and lots of teams ignore the NCAA, but not Purdue.

2) I don't believe the alliance has the funds to get in any big time bidding wars

Florida Atlantic and SD State are in the Final 4 as well, two lower tier programs, a lot has to do with luck as well. Florida Atlantic made it out of Purdue’s side, Purdue has no one to blame other than itself.

1) The NCAA said NIL can't be used as an incentive for recruiting players. I believe PU takes that literally and does not attempt to attract players via NIL. I realize this is almost impossible to police and lots of teams ignore the NCAA, but not Purdue.

2) I don't believe the alliance has the funds to get in any big time bidding wars

Like I asked the other poster, exactly what funds do they have?

There are MAJOR gray areas in NIL atm as they wait for Congress to pass laws about it... Strange the whole thing imo, but it means you can be creative... Indiana currently has zero NIL laws btw... States like Illinois have them already though...

Nothing wrong will players legally receiving outside compensation in accordance with NCAA rules. This old mindset of players should just be happy to have a scholarship and prohibited from making any money is outdated

Oh Andy, I hope you know that it doesn't really take much to be a donor.

If you visit the BoilerMaker Alliance's page, they have options to donate in denominations of $25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 (so it's actually less than a car payment).

But we all know that's never been an option for you as you're probably too cheap for that (you'd much rather do your losing insulting your way to a loss).

Just take the L and move on.

OH and by the way:
"A lot of us..." lol

Clank, did you break into your piggy bank? Does your mother know?
So you have done nothing, but you are entitled to a banner? Got it.
Judging from the last few posts that I've read (see above for examples), the only person resorting to personal attacks and insults seems to be you?

Last edited:
Oh Andy, I hope you know that it doesn't really take much to be a donor.

If you visit the BoilerMaker Alliance's page, they have options to donate in denominations of $25, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 (so it's actually less than a car payment).

But we all know that's never been an option for you as you're probably too cheap for that (you'd much rather do your losing insulting your way to a loss).

Just take the L and move on.

OH and by the way:

Judging from the last few posts that I've read (see above for examples), the only person resorting to personal attacks and insults seems to be you?
You are pretending those are insults? They are obvious facts. I will add what others have stated about your obvious lack of reading comprehension and thinking skills. That is clearly evident in the post I am responding to. Here's a hint. Why would you challenge someone if they have contributed to the Alliance to get better players, when that person has not once complained about the players Purdue has recruited? There are 2 dots that I know you will not be able to connect.

So what made you go from someone yucking it up derailing threads and insulting Purdue fans after a loss, to suddenly being sensitive about being outed? You must have believed that no one would figure you out in your short time here. Cleverness is definitely not one of your strengths.

You are pretending those are insults? They are obvious facts. I will add what others have stated about your obvious lack of reading comprehension and thinking skills. That is clearly evident in the post I am responding to. Here's a hint. Why would you challenge someone if they have contributed to the Alliance to get better players, when that person has not once complained about the players Purdue has recruited? There are 2 dots that I know you will not be able to connect.

So what made you go from someone yucking it up derailing threads and insulting Purdue fans after a loss, to suddenly being sensitive about being outed? You must have believed that no one would figure you out in your short time here. Cleverness is definitely not one of your strengths.
Oh Andy, please reread what you wrote and just take the L.

P.S: I've been here since early 2016.

Clank!

Just like you are a big contributor to NIL. lol
I actually contribute to causes that matter, unlike you.

Since you seem adamant on baiting me to this discussion about my screenname, I'll bite:
I'd rather have a username that's memorable and unique than something super generic and as forgettable/childish like yours.

Checkmate (?)

Last edited:
I actually contribute to causes that matter, unlike you.

Since you seem adamant on baiting me to this discussion about my screenname, I'll bite:
I'd rather have a username that's memorable and unique than something super generic and as forgettable/childish like yours.

Now is it checkmate?
lol. And clearly not a chess player either. Chess players do not declare checkmate. It's called etiquette.

Everything you post is you pretending to be something you aren't. And again, not clever about it. Purdue fan? No. Purdue NIL contributor? No. Long-time poster? No. More than once you've pretended to be a chess player. No. What next? You'll pretend to be an adult?

• Haha
lol. And clearly not a chess player either. Chess players do not declare checkmate. It's called etiquette.

Everything you post is you pretending to be something you aren't. And again, not clever about it. Purdue fan? No. Purdue NIL contributor? No. Long-time poster? No. More than once you've pretended to be a chess player. No. What next? You'll pretend to be an adult?
Well, if being a decent human being is your idea of pretending, then I guess I'll stick to being myself. You keep doing you, though - it's clearly working wonders for your social life.

(Keep grasping at straws while you're at it, it's clearly also working wonders for your posts.)

Last edited:
Well, if being a decent human being is your idea of pretending, then I guess I'll stick to being myself. You keep doing you, though - it's clearly working wonders for your social life.

(Keep grasping at straws while you're at it, it's clearly also working wonders in your posts.)
CLANK!

You really have a way with words. Is 'CLANK!' the only insult you've learned since kindergarten? Maybe you should go back to school and learn something new for once.

Unless, of course, you're too busy playing pretend chess or donating to the Boilermaker Alliance (?)

Last edited:
You really have a way with words. Is 'CLANK!' the only insult you've learned since kindergarten? Maybe you should go back to school and learn some new ones.

Unless, of course, you're too busy playing pretend chess or donating to the Boilermaker Alliance (?)
Why do you consider it an insult? Especially after your recent history of posting and insulting people. It certainly wasn't intended to be an insult. I hope your feelings aren't hurt.

I simply noted that since you started posting, you have trouble understanding full sentences and even words with more than one syllable. Since you are such a "decent human being", I thought I would show you some courtesy and support your lack of comprehension and understanding.

• Haha
Why do you consider it an insult? Especially after your recent history of posting and insulting people. It certainly wasn't intended to be an insult. I hope your feelings aren't hurt.

I simply noted that since you started posting, you have trouble understanding full sentences and even words with more than one syllable. Since you are such a "decent human being", I thought I would show you some courtesy and support your lack of comprehension and understanding.
Thanks for playing.

So you do consider it an insult? Omigosh! And I thought you would appreciate the kind gesture from a fellow self-proclaimed "decent human being". Now that you understand my intent...

Clank!

Now do you get it?
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u3.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT