ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame vs Indiana

Feb 23, 2008
Any thoughts on the first game in Indy on Saturday? Indiana and Notre Dame are kind of like mirror images of each other - great offense paired with mediocre defense. ND is KenPom #22; Indiana is KenPom #24. The main difference is that Notre Dame plays slow (neither forcing nor committing turnovers) and Indiana plays fast (forcing and committing lots of turnovers).

I give the edge to the Irish since I think Auguste > Bryant

Any thoughts on the first game in Indy on Saturday? Indiana and Notre Dame are kind of like mirror images of each other - great offense paired with mediocre defense. ND is KenPom #22; Indiana is KenPom #24. The main difference is that Notre Dame plays slow (neither forcing nor committing turnovers) and Indiana plays fast (forcing and committing lots of turnovers).

Only accepted outcome is that they both lose.:D

This will be an IU home game, with a huge IU crowd. But with ND, Butler, and PU fans all going against Two Tone and the Tommy Boys I say if ND plays great defense IU will lose another.

Only accepted outcome is that they both lose.:D

Usually in situations where I hate both teams I root for the away team so all the fans in the stands have to suffer. But since this is a neutral site game, that doesn't hold.

But the question is who do we think will win, not who do we want to win

Reactions: Boiler52
I'll go with ND 73-71. Indiana will make a critical error somewhere, and the Irish are good enough to capitalize.

Usually in situations where I hate both teams I root for the away team so all the fans in the stands have to suffer. But since this is a neutral site game, that doesn't hold.

But the question is who do we think will win, not who do we want to win
I got ya and this is hard one to choose. For me in hate nd more than any other school. So will go with iu because of that and they are a big ten member.

Plus my oldest fried is an iu grad and hates nd as much as I do.. so we will watch and cheer on the loosiers. I'm not wearing any iu colors or letting him try and Tom Crean kiss me.... my support only goes so far.

Any thoughts on the first game in Indy on Saturday?
Any thoughts?

Well, I think a match up of well-coached top 25 teams like Purdue vs. Butler should get a much better warm up act than these two clown colleges. Other than that, I don't think much of either of them...

Last edited:
Imagine ND football game in afternoon followed by an IU night basketball game. You could stand and watch everyone leave the football game, switch their coats around and swap shirts for the IU game.

haha... I hate to say it, but I gotta go with IU. Makes the B10 look better and helps our RPI. Plus, I want to beat them when they're highly regarded.

I got ya and this is hard one to choose. For me in hate nd more than any other school. So will go with iu because of that and they are a big ten member.

Plus my oldest fried is an iu grad and hates nd as much as I do.. so we will watch and cheer on the loosiers. I'm not wearing any iu colors or letting him try and Tom Crean kiss me.... my support only goes so far.
LOL Yuck!

This is a tough call because I dislike both teams. However, when it comes to BB fans, IU fans are worse than ND fans (though the opposite is true in FB.) Therefore, I will root for ND to win, though I will not root too hard.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
I'm not having nearly as much trouble rooting against IU. LOL. I'm not worried that it's ND. I enjoy watching them get as ass-whooping by any team.

haha... I hate to say it, but I gotta go with IU. Makes the B10 look better and helps our RPI. Plus, I want to beat them when they're highly regarded.

I never ever ever want them to be highly regarded......it's a genetic thing.

I live in SB. Don't get me wrong I am a Boiler for life. I have run into Coach Brey a couple of times. Once I remember in particular. I was at the airport wearing a Purdue sweatshirt. He sat down next to me and we talked hoops for an hour or so. I told him my wife worked for ND and he volunteered for a photo (with a guy in a Purdue shirt) to send to her. I can't root against the guy.

I live in SB. Don't get me wrong I am a Boiler for life. I have run into Coach Brey a couple of times. Once I remember in particular. I was at the airport wearing a Purdue sweatshirt. He sat down next to me and we talked hoops for an hour or so. I told him my wife worked for ND and he volunteered for a photo (with a guy in a Purdue shirt) to send to her. I can't root against the guy.

Hang around the bars near Notre Dame and you're bound to run into him. I can't count the number of times I've heard stories about people I know drinking with Brey. Obviously not your scenario I just find it uncanny how many times I've heard different version of that same story with Brey. If I ever bumped into him I'd ask him what it would take to start up a home-and-home series with Purdue. Doubt it will ever happen now that we play them every other year in Indy anyway and could potentially play them in the Challenge as well but it's a shame that we don't have that game every year and I don't believe I've ever seen them come to Purdue in my lifetime. I did catch Purdue up here a number of years ago in the NIT.

Agreed in that I have enjoyed every time I have heard Brey interviewed. He is a class act and makes me hate them just a little bit less.

Hang around the bars near Notre Dame and you're bound to run into him. I can't count the number of times I've heard stories about people I know drinking with Brey. Obviously not your scenario I just find it uncanny how many times I've heard different version of that same story with Brey. If I ever bumped into him I'd ask him what it would take to start up a home-and-home series with Purdue. Doubt it will ever happen now that we play them every other year in Indy anyway and could potentially play them in the Challenge as well but it's a shame that we don't have that game every year and I don't believe I've ever seen them come to Purdue in my lifetime. I did catch Purdue up here a number of years ago in the NIT.
To sum up: it's the nice guy you'd have a beer with, versus the creepy guy you don't want alone with your kids.

I'll be rooting for Brey and the Irish.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT