ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame 76, Purdue 39

Ok let’s compare the men’s team PG situation with the women’s. The men have 1 PG. he’s averaging 14 ppg, 6.7 assist and 5.7 reb.

The women’s team have 2. averaging a combined 15 ppg 7 assist and 10 rebounds.

God forbid something happen to Smith on the men’s side. I would say the PG situation is actually better on the women’s because there was some depth. When both are healthy, right now they are not.
You’re also leaving out the fact that both Smith and Terry play the same number of minutes a night. Come on, yesterday what part of 1-5 from the floor with 1 assist compared to 5 turnovers impressed you the most? Not to mention a girl 5 years younger absolutely took her to school.

Yesterday in 30 minutes, Terry was 1-5 from the floor, had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 5 turnovers, the ND PG ( she’s 18, great player) had 23/10/8 stat line. I’m sorry, if this is your definition of a top notch PG I’ll leave the conversation, I’ve watched for 3 years, I don’t see it. Like I said, if Smith throws up that stat line against Arizona the messsge boards would be at a fever pitch with that type of play, especially if he was a 23 year old 5th year player.

Yeah a big part of a distributing point guards final line is OTHER people making shots. Ya know that’s how you can get an assist 🙄

But let’s judge someone on 1 game. Because that’s fair. She literally had 7/9/15 the game before

Yeah a big part of a distributing point guards final line is OTHER people making shots. Ya know that’s how you can get an assist 🙄

But let’s judge someone on 1 game. Because that’s fair.
Agreed about the assist part, 5 turnovers in 30 minutes isn’t good. Also, not judging her on 1 game, I’ve watched for 3 years, I don’t think she’s a starting PG on a good team. Look, she does do things well, she shouldn’t be a 30 minute a night player, that’s on the Coach not her. Also, I agree, this season’s struggles aren’t just on her though, it seems like every starter has regressed a bit, I expected more from 4-5 year college players. Maybe things will get better, I think they can win 10-11 more games.

Ok let’s compare the men’s team PG situation with the women’s. The men have 1 PG. he’s averaging 14 ppg, 6.7 assist and 5.7 reb.

The women’s team have 2. averaging a combined 15 ppg 7 assist and 10 rebounds.

God forbid something happen to Smith on the men’s side. I would say the PG situation is actually better on the women’s because there was some depth. When both are healthy, right now they are not.
Disagree, Lance Jones played some point last year at Southern Illinois, was second team All Conference, Morton I’m pretty confident could put up Terry numbers if he played 30 minutes a night, we know at the least he’ll D up on players.

But let’s judge someone on 1 game. Because that’s fair. She literally had 7/9/15 the game before
She also had a bonehead play that was Jr High level at the end of the game. Also, the Minny game was a good statline, sorry for thinking that she could be a 8-6-6 player, also, she’s close to 3 turnovers a game, that’s not great. So far wouldn’t you agree that her year has been a bit of a disappointing one? Also, that goes for most every player on the team. I just feel a girl that has the ball as much as her in the girls game needs to add more offensively, that’s just me though, maybe I’m not seeing something that you and Michael are. I do admit she has a good knack for rebounding, she can tell where the ball is going to go off the rim, that’s a skill.

Michael, I’ve watched a ton of games, I played High School hoops, have had Purdue men’s season tickets for many years, I’m sorry, I’m not impressed with her game. In limited minutes I would be fine with her, not 30 minutes a night.
Then who would you play in her place? None of the frosh can score any better but Jones, and none can gain assists at half her rate. I am not saying she is a great player, I am saying she is one of the best players on our team.

The list of the top 20 leaders in assists per game in the women's game..... 22 total out of the thousands of players in D1 average 6 assists per game. Terry is tied for 25th in the nation in assists per game <scroll down> Terry is at 5.8 assists per game, 7.1 rebounds, and 4.1 points

I checked the scoring and rebounding stats for the top 10...... Apparently some fans here would only be satisfied with Caitlyn Clark as she is the ONLY player in Women's NCAA basketball averaging at least 8 points, 6 assists and 6 rebounds a game. Some of the top 10 assists leaders would absolutely be hated on here by some of our fans, the BC point guard (7th in the nation in assists per game) averages 3.6/7/2.1..... 5 of the top 10 in assists also lead their team in scoring. NONE but Terry leads their team in assists and rebounding.

1McKenna Hofschild
colorado-st.svg
Colorado St.
Sr.5-2G10848.4
2Georgia Amoore
virginia-tech.svg
Virginia Tech
Sr.5-6G10787.8
3Rori Harmon
texas.svg
Texas
Jr.5-6G11857.7
4Jaden Owens
tcu.svg
TCU
Sr.5-7G11817.4
5Ines Vieira
utah.svg
Utah
Jr.5-6G11807.3
6Caitlin Clark
iowa.svg
Iowa
Sr.6-0G12867.2
7Kaylah Ivey
boston-college.svg
Boston College
Jr.5-8G12847.0
8Kiki Rice
ucla.svg
UCLA
So.5-11G9626.9
9Mama Dembele
missouri.svg
Missouri
Sr.5-6G12816.8
10Jenna Clark
yale.svg
Yale
Sr.5-7G11746.7
-Leilani McIntosh
california.svg
California
Sr.5-5G11746.7
12Amari Wright
seton-hall.svg
Seton Hall
Sr.5-9G11736.6
13Jenna Annecchiarico
col-of-charleston.svg
Col. of Charleston
Sr.5-6G8526.5
14Caroline Lau
northwestern.svg
Northwestern
So.5-9G11716.5
15Jordan Harrison
west-virginia.svg
West Virginia
So.5-6G9586.4
-Raven Johnson
south-carolina.svg
South Carolina
So.5-8G9586.4
17Lauren Park-Lane
mississippi-st.svg
Mississippi St.
Sr.5-3G13826.3
18Abby Beeman
marshall.svg
Marshall
Sr.5-4G10636.3
19Kaylynne Truong
gonzaga.svg
Gonzaga
Sr.5-8G13816.2
20Denim DeShields
uab.svg
UAB
So.5-5G10626.2

Sr.6-2G11686.2

This one is a real bum by some fans standards on here: 7.7/5.1/2.4 and only shoots 56% on fts.

That is #46 in the nation in assists per game for ranked IU Chloe Moore-McNeil

Quit trying to measure stats from the women's game to the men's game, they are not equivalent. The games use the same court, but are played radically differently due to physiological differences in the sexes. Once someone mentions "Well in the men's game...." I know they don't know what they are talking about for women's basketball and don't watch many women's games.

Last edited:
Then who would you play in her place? None of the frosh can score any better but Jones, and none can gain assists at half her rate. I am not saying she is a great player, I am saying she is one of the best players on our team.
I’ve stated that this was a recruiting error by Coach. There really isn’t anyone to play unless she thinks Ellis is the answer (doubtful). I’ll be glad when the 30 minute a game Terry as the PG era ends, time for the Boilers to get better there and other places as well. This team is a rough watch, time to hit the portal and aim higher than what they’ve brought in so far. Terry’s ND statline was brutal, 1-5 from the floor with 5 turnovers, a kid 5 years younger made her look silly, time for Purdue to start closing that gap. Enough of the 5 on 4 offensive sets because we have a Point that teams can pack it in on. Ideally she’s a 15 minute a night player, on this team she has to play 30, not a good recipe for success. Also, not a shot on Terry, at this point she is what she is, she does do some things well, just not what I want to watch for 30 minutes a game.

Last edited:
I’ve stated that this was a recruiting error by Coach. There really isn’t anyone to play unless she thinks Ellis is the answer (doubtful). I’ll be glad when the 30 minute a game Terry as the PG era ends, time for the Boilers to get better there and other places as well. This team is a rough watch, time to hit the portal and aim higher than what they’ve brought in so far.
And why would a top flight portal transfer consider Purdue over offers from ranked teams? Be realistic in your expectations. Terry and Ellis are the best of the last 6 players we have taken from the portal, and we were fortunate to get them as they along with Harper are the leading reason we made the play in game last year in the NCAA.

Hannah Hildago is not leaving ND, and even if she were it would be to another top ten program, KG's calls would not get returned.

And why would a top flight portal transfer consider Purdue over offers from ranked teams? Be realistic in your expectations. Terry and Ellis are the best of the last 6 players we have taken from the portal, and we were fortunate to get them as they along with Harper are the leading reason we made the play in game last year in the NCAA.

Hannah Hildago is not leaving ND, and even if she were it would be to another top ten program, KG's calls would not get returned.
Why not transfer to Purdue? Great fan base, great tradition, time to aim high and reel in kids. A winning team will fill Mackey, it wasn’t long ago where IU was a doormat, things can change. There has been an uptick in recruiting, needs to be an uptick in portal transfers, next year they’ll be spots available for girls looking to step in and play. Stevenson and Spider likely starters, after that maybe Layden if she returns.

Why not transfer to Purdue? Great fan base, great tradition, time to aim high and reel in kids. A winning team will fill Mackey, it wasn’t long ago where IU was a doormat, things can change. There has been an uptick in recruiting, needs to be an uptick in portal transfers, next year they’ll be spots available for girls looking to step in and play. Stevenson and Spider likely starters, after that maybe Layden if she returns.
Two openings plus whoever we lose. Reasons to not transfer to Purdue:

1, unknown NAIA coach with no history of success or putting players in WNBA.

2. No player from the school in WNBA in last 15 years

3. Anemic attendance at undet 3K a game

4. Long history of mediocre results in the weakest P5 conference

5. Rural campus with nearest city over an hour away

6. No NIL money for wbball compared to many top ten programs

7. No great player already on roster to team up with.

Again this is what I was talking about when I said that KG has decided to build this team via high school recruiting and not the portal. Next year will there be plenty of opportunities for minutes? Sure but we are slated to have 9 players that will be either freshmen or sophomores. Then we have potentially Layden Sr, Smith, Mila and Harper as the upper classman.

I don’t think she’s going to willingly go out and get a bunch of talent from the transfer portal and essentially recruit over the kids she willingly wanted to bring into the program. I don’t think that’s going to be a good look for her. We are just going to have rely on the staff’s development of the young talent they thought were good enough to play for us and win.

But then again a million things can happen. 3-4 can decide to leave or just not return in Madison’s case. And then sure I’m all for her going into the portal and finding proven talent.

Again this is what I was talking about when I said that KG has decided to build this team via high school recruiting and not the portal. Next year will there be plenty of opportunities for minutes? Sure but we are slated to have 9 players that will be either freshmen or sophomores. Then we have potentially Layden Sr, Smith, Mila and Harper as the upper classman.

I don’t think she’s going to willingly go out and get a bunch of talent from the transfer portal and essentially recruit over the kids she willingly wanted to bring into the program. I don’t think that’s going to be a good look for her. We are just going to have rely on the staff’s development of the young talent they thought were good enough to play for us and win.

But then again a million things can happen. 3-4 can decide to leave or just not return in Madison’s case. And then sure I’m all for her going into the portal and finding proven talent.
My guess is Layden returns and 1-2 players transfer, I mean Jayla Smith leaving wouldn’t be a shocker really. Nature of the game says at least 2 leave, I guess we’ll see. Also, 15 can be on Scholarship I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: MichaelRR
My guess is Layden returns and 1-2 players transfer, I mean Jayla Smith leaving wouldn’t be a shocker really. Nature of the game says at least 2 leave, I guess we’ll see. Also, 15 can be on Scholarship I think.

Just because 15 can be on scholarship doesn’t mean we should have 15 on it. Realistically 8-9 will be playing a ton of minutes. Kids want to play. We recruit over these freshmen and sophomores - they transfer out - it’s not a good look. I gave KG a pass her first two years because they were not her players. This rookie class and next years are 1000% hers. She scouted. She thought they could play for us and win games. Now I want to see player development - or it’s on her.

If we are going to offer a high school kid a scholarship. They better be able to play at this level. Or be able to soon because the transfer portal has kids who have proven to play, it’d be pointless offering a bunch of iffy high schools kids and then constantly having them transfer out because they aren’t getting minutes or any hope of minutes in the near future.

Yesterday in 30 minutes, Terry was 1-5 from the floor, had 4 rebounds, 1 assist, 5 turnovers, the ND PG ( she’s 18, great player) had 23/10/8 stat line. I’m sorry, if this is your definition of a top notch PG I’ll leave the conversation, I’ve watched for 3 years, I don’t see it. Like I said, if Smith throws up that stat line against Arizona the messsge boards would be at a fever pitch with that type of play, especially if he was a 23 year old 5th year player.
Hildago was a top 5 recruit and the MVP of the McDs AA game. She will outplay most every player she faces, no matter their class. Again mentioning the men's game shows you don't know what the women's game is. Terry is the 25th best assists per game pg in women's D1 basketball, and you act like she is the 500th. Only one point guard in the top 10 in assists hits 8/6/6.... reigning NCAA most outstanding player Caitlyn Clark

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT