ADVERTISEMENT

noticed Tirek Murphy down to 3 star

Just must have happened in the last day or so with Rivals. I was looking earlier this week, and he was still a four star. He is still a 4 star with 247Sports though.

A little disappointing, but his offer list tells me all I need to know about the type of RB Purdue is getting. At the end of the day a star rating is someones opinion. Someone who knows more than me, but not enough to be evaluating talent on a college staff. Rivals had Rondale as 3 star too.

A little disappointing, but his offer list tells me all I need to know about the type of RB Purdue is getting. At the end of the day a star rating is someones opinion. Someone who knows more than me, but not enough to be evaluating talent on a college staff. Rivals had Rondale as 3 star too.
Just because that's their job Doesn't always mean they know more. There's a lot of people out here that does not do that for a living that knows just as much. For instance take Somebody that gambles a lot I would put money on it you could find Somebody like that that knows more.

Just must have happened in the last day or so with Rivals. I was looking earlier this week, and he was still a four star. He is still a 4 star with 247Sports though.
He's actually 4* in the composite but only 3* in 247's actual rankings. Big difference: #278 (#1 NY) in composite but #501 composite (#4 NY). Maybe the composite hasn't taken account the drop in Rivals?

Also 2 CB's are now undecided. Wiltfong is still on Purdue though.

Nevermind, those undecideds were from May.

He's actually 4* in the composite but only 3* in 247's actual rankings. Big difference: #278 (#1 NY) in composite but #501 composite (#4 NY). Maybe the composite hasn't taken account the drop in Rivals?

The ratings history on the 247 composite for Murphy shows a decline from 0.9128 to 0.9054 on 12/6/2019. This update caused Murphy to fall from the 24th composite rated RB to 27th.

247 ranks both Murphy and Alaimo much lower than their composite rankings.

The ratings history on the 247 composite for Murphy shows a decline from 0.9128 to 0.9054 on 12/6/2019. This update caused Murphy to fall from the 24th composite rated RB to 27th.

247 ranks both Murphy and Alaimo much lower than their composite rankings.

Really doesn't matter at this point. Either they're really good players, or they're not...

Reactions: NVboiler
Really doesn't matter at this point. Either they're really good players, or they're not...

Agreed, I remember seeing somewhere that Murphy picked Purdue, because the staff told him that he was the number one target on their board for the position. His talent doesn't change when the rankings move around, and these changes are often arbitrary or subjective.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Well really at this point the issue isn't about his ranking as it pertains to his talent, but just the overall level of recruiting Purdue is at as we hope to continue to gain momentum in that area year to year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT