ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel

Nojel as is is going to be a load to stop going to the rim like I mentioned before. With the work he is putting in now, if Nojel can get at least a mid-range jumper going I predict him to make 1st team all B1G. I predict 18ppg and 8 perhaps 10 rebounds per game.

Wow! Made one uncontested jumper. BFD. Been there, done it 50 times within 10 mins. See how he does in game time.

Yeah have to agree with this unfortunately. Be different if he hit 5 in a row or something.

You gotta learn to walk before you can run. His form on the jumper looks night and day better. The results are going to come, but the form is what I'm worried about.

I like what I see so far... Unfortunately, I don't think Nojel will have his jumper down completely until he gets to the next league, whether it's NBA, Euro, China, whatever. But if he can make the opposing team worry even slightly about his jumper, it's a win

Reactions: BoilerDeac
You gotta learn to walk before you can run. His form on the jumper looks night and day better. The results are going to come, but the form is what I'm worried about.

I like what I see so far... Unfortunately, I don't think Nojel will have his jumper down completely until he gets to the next league, whether it's NBA, Euro, China, whatever. But if he can make the opposing team worry even slightly about his jumper, it's a win
He didn’t shoot thevball bcuz he couldn’t he didn’t shoot the ball bcuz he had no confidence in it trust in believe he gonna be a different player upon returning next season.

He is hitting them 5 in a row I recorded it so don’t worry about what Nojel does he has absolutely nothing to prove to u

This wasn't a cut on nojel, im a big fan. It was a cut on the lame video. I apologize for my wording

He didn’t shoot thevball bcuz he couldn’t he didn’t shoot the ball bcuz he had no confidence in it trust in believe he gonna be a different player upon returning next season.

Treed.. you know what, I'm gonna take your word on this for 2 reasons.

1. If there is anyone in this world who knows about his shooting woes last year, it's his mother (whom seems to bebe VE involved in his basketball life).

2. You predicted last year's team would exceed expectations after they figured out how to play together, and boy did they ever, while the rest of us pretty much predicted their ceiling to be AT BEST a sweet 16 appearance.

I'm excited for next year. It's Nojels team, him and Haarms will be the leaders. Add in Hunter, Tre, Sasha, Wheeler, Dow, and the incoming freshman... We have a young, talented, but experienced and battle tested team.

It's just a quick clip to show his form and that he's working. Not attempting to prove anything. Jesus.

Well I'll agree his form did look much better. Again it absolutely wasn't a cut on him, that's not where at least I was going. He's probably my favorite player on the roster right now. Not to even mention he brings so much to the table than shooting, but if he gets that shot down. Sky is the limit

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

Plus there was some dude named Carsen taking a lot of shots last year.

Nojel will get his turn to shine.

This wasn't a cut on nojel, im a big fan. It was a cut on the lame video. I apologize for my wording
I was there recording him working out to show the work he’s putting in on his game and shooting. Just give those a sneaky peak what this kid is doing to b prepared for next season. It’s all good probably was a lame video but a clip of a video to show his improvements

Well I'll agree his form did look much better. Again it absolutely wasn't a cut on him, that's not where at least I was going. He's probably my favorite player on the roster right now. Not to even mention he brings so much to the table than shooting, but if he gets that shot down. Sky is the limit
We all on same page he’s an important piece to this puzzle next season he will need to add this to his game to help Purdue win alone with the other pieces returning needing to improve on there games. He’s putting in that work and I recorded him working to show he always cud shoot just never did had no confidence in it now he’ll have more opportunities to shoot it so he’s working on it. Confidence can do a wonderful thing for the mindset

Plus there was some dude named Carsen taking a lot of shots last year.

Nojel will get his turn to shine.
He knows a lot will be put on his shoulders to do much more than he did last year especially offensively he’s pushing himself finding his form and confidence knowing he’ll have more opportunities to take shots so he’s working to improve on it to get it to a place it’s comfortable and he’s shooting it with confidence. He’s ready to lead this team in other ways than just defending and rebounding he will be grinding all summer long to get his shot to a place he’s knocking them down with confidence. He’s ready to take on every challenge that will come his way why he’s preparing himself to be a better version of what many of u saw last season

I was there recording him working out to show the work he’s putting in on his game and shooting. Just give those a sneaky peak what this kid is doing to b prepared for next season. It’s all good probably was a lame video but a clip of a video to show his improvements

I can appreciate it Treed. Thank you.

Reactions: Fansince72
Nojel as is is going to be a load to stop going to the rim like I mentioned before. With the work he is putting in now, if Nojel can get at least a mid-range jumper going I predict him to make 1st team all B1G. I predict 18ppg and 8 perhaps 10 rebounds per game.
if he can average 32% from 3 pt, he'll be a major threat for 1st team B1G.

I’m no hater. Release looked low and forward. Need a side view. Not impressed by one shot.
Who gives a F about what u think u not impressive trying to hate on a kid working on his game. I’m sure u can do better huh just some slime ball who hide behind a screen name who mocks players bcu u have no life. Go back to ur hole u came out from ur opinions means nothing dude

Who gives a F about what u think u not impressive trying to hate on a kid working on his game. I’m sure u can do better huh just some slime ball who hide behind a screen name who mocks players bcu u have no life. Go back to ur hole u came out from ur opinions means nothing dude
Don't fall for the bait. That poster does nothing but rag on Purdue and was quite absent on our nice deep run. He is just an uninformed hater.

Reactions: Schnelk
His shot overall just looks better. Sure, it's a wide open practice shot, but the shot going in isn't the most important thing here. The mechanics look good. That's what I'm excited about.
Some on here looks surprised at his form or mechanics I’m not surprised he cud always shoot the ball the problem he had something happen mentally we’re he just lost all confidence in his shot during his senior year in HS and he developed bad bad habits mechanically bcuz he was trying to figure out what was going on. He mentally got in his own head and no matter what nobody said or did to try to help him he was fighting his on battle.
He came to a school that had 4 seniors and a system in place that played to there strengths wasn’t to his strengths while still battling with himself with his shooting. He started sophomore year came into the season ready to put his stamp on the team more than a defender and rebounder but the offense again was more to others strengths not his strengths offensively. I no my son better than any person alive I watched him 1st pick up a ball at the age of 10 months when he started walking and playing basketball at age 3 so I know who he is and what he can really do.

He’s a student of the game he don’t just play the game of basketball he thinks the game he watches he observes and than figure things out in an instant. He needs spacing bcuz he’s a play making guard who loves to pass make his teammates better while still being a scoring threat that he his. He is unselfish to a fault bcuz that is just who he is bcuz he just want to win and he’ll do what he has to to help his team win he did that this past season. He took a backseat to his offense bcuz he wanted to win and did everything else he had to do to help this team win and that is what it mean being a great teammate.

He now is in year 3 he grown matured and found his identity again his calling card his game bcuz he’s found his confidence of just being him again and that player will be a load to deal with as long as he has the freedom to play a little faster have more spacing involved more into the offense not just for himself but bcuz he’s a facilitator his love to pass and find his teammates to get an assist he feeds of that but he also knows when he has to score the ball as well that is who Nojel eastern is and why he putting in that work to get back to who he once was offensively bcuz that kid scored at will in a variety of ways and he was a load to deal with.

He just wants to win he’ll do whatever it takes to help put his teammates in position to look good feel good play good as long as they are helping the team win games. He didn’t forget how to shoot he was more of and offensive player than he was a defender just added that to his game bcuz he new that cud help get him a few more min as a freshman but he knows how to score in many ways but when u loose who u r mentally it takes tome to find ur identity again and that is what I see watching him the 2nd half of the season he found a way to impact the game w/o shooting the ball by doing everything thing else bcuz he wanted to win look we’re it got them big 10 champs and and elite 8 appearance that what a PG does sacrifice for his team so he did. I see a kid happy having fun with no pressure living his best life doing what he loves to do play basketball. Once he found himself again and hit a few FTs he than began to find who he is and was why he became more aggressive offensively as season wore on.
Junior year he’s on his own mission he’s getting back to loving playing basketball having fun while learning and growing as a player emotionally physically and mentally and I’m seeing the results as we speak. This is just the beginning he’s gonna grind work get after it all summer long to get his game to a place that will make him a load to deal with and the one thing he absolutely knows he must do next season is shoot the ball and he is working on it constantly to get it consistent mechanically and being confident shooting it. He knows what he has to do to help his team win games bcuz I’m telling u this team gonna be a load to deal with once again once they figure themselves out beware. He’s in a good place now having fun enjoying college just living his best life and someday he’ll live out his dream bcuz he has the work ethic and all the skills size length athleticism that wil have the NBA watching him very closely to see what improvements he has made and he’s working on them everyday twice a day to be the best he can be for Himself and his teammates.

Some on here looks surprised at his form or mechanics I’m not surprised he cud always shoot the ball the problem he had something happen mentally we’re he just lost all confidence in his shot during his senior year in HS and he developed bad bad habits mechanically bcuz he was trying to figure out what was going on. He mentally got in his own head and no matter what nobody said or did to try to help him he was fighting his on battle.
He came to a school that had 4 seniors and a system in place that played to there strengths wasn’t to his strengths while still battling with himself with his shooting. He started sophomore year came into the season ready to put his stamp on the team more than a defender and rebounder but the offense again was more to others strengths not his strengths offensively. I no my son better than any person alive I watched him 1st pick up a ball at the age of 10 months when he started walking and playing basketball at age 3 so I know who he is and what he can really do.

He’s a student of the game he don’t just play the game of basketball he thinks the game he watches he observes and than figure things out in an instant. He needs spacing bcuz he’s a play making guard who loves to pass make his teammates better while still being a scoring threat that he his. He is unselfish to a fault bcuz that is just who he is bcuz he just want to win and he’ll do what he has to to help his team win he did that this past season. He took a backseat to his offense bcuz he wanted to win and did everything else he had to do to help this team win and that is what it mean being a great teammate.

He now is in year 3 he grown matured and found his identity again his calling card his game bcuz he’s found his confidence of just being him again and that player will be a load to deal with as long as he has the freedom to play a little faster have more spacing involved more into the offense not just for himself but bcuz he’s a facilitator his love to pass and find his teammates to get an assist he feeds of that but he also knows when he has to score the ball as well that is who Nojel eastern is and why he putting in that work to get back to who he once was offensively bcuz that kid scored at will in a variety of ways and he was a load to deal with.

He just wants to win he’ll do whatever it takes to help put his teammates in position to look good feel good play good as long as they are helping the team win games. He didn’t forget how to shoot he was more of and offensive player than he was a defender just added that to his game bcuz he new that cud help get him a few more min as a freshman but he knows how to score in many ways but when u loose who u r mentally it takes tome to find ur identity again and that is what I see watching him the 2nd half of the season he found a way to impact the game w/o shooting the ball by doing everything thing else bcuz he wanted to win look we’re it got them big 10 champs and and elite 8 appearance that what a PG does sacrifice for his team so he did. I see a kid happy having fun with no pressure living his best life doing what he loves to do play basketball. Once he found himself again and hit a few FTs he than began to find who he is and was why he became more aggressive offensively as season wore on.
Junior year he’s on his own mission he’s getting back to loving playing basketball having fun while learning and growing as a player emotionally physically and mentally and I’m seeing the results as we speak. This is just the beginning he’s gonna grind work get after it all summer long to get his game to a place that will make him a load to deal with and the one thing he absolutely knows he must do next season is shoot the ball and he is working on it constantly to get it consistent mechanically and being confident shooting it. He knows what he has to do to help his team win games bcuz I’m telling u this team gonna be a load to deal with once again once they figure themselves out beware. He’s in a good place now having fun enjoying college just living his best life and someday he’ll live out his dream bcuz he has the work ethic and all the skills size length athleticism that wil have the NBA watching him very closely to see what improvements he has made and he’s working on them everyday twice a day to be the best he can be for Himself and his teammates.

You could see the mental fog clear a bit in season...it really started in that Belmont game and then against MSU and PSU when he went to the line and won those games for Purdue...you just saw the aggressiveness come back that we saw in high school where he attacked the rim because he was confident he was either getting two points from the bucket or two from the line. It stands to reason that confidence can be focused on his jump shot as well with a full off season of work.

Reactions: samcboiler
Sorry, but you are the one doing the hating. Take a chill pill. I never said anything derogatory about Nojel. Show us more video of making more than just one shot. Nojel has many areas to improve. Mid range jumper, jump shot off the dribble, free throw technique, tighten up ball handling.

Sorry, but you are the one doing the hating. Take a chill pill. I never said anything derogatory about Nojel. Show us more video of making more than just one shot. Nojel has many areas to improve. Mid range jumper, jump shot off the dribble, free throw technique, tighten up ball handling.
1442799493_f65a69d0e0.jpg

Dude be gone u r waisting my time I owe u no explanation I don’t have to appease ur opinions to personally give u more video Of what my son is doing You wish u had 1% of his abilities to do what he does yet u think ur opinion means anything to me or my son dude get a life. He like many players have things they can improve on I’m sure u know that right my video is not for ur viewing pleasure it’s for those who care to know he’s working on improving his game and shooting. I have plenty of him shooting off the dribble stop and pop jumpers coming off curls pull-up jumpers that he is working on but u with ur openly negative post u act like u can do better than what he can do. Post ur videos of you doing what u want me to post than maybe I’ll post the same until then plz leave ur opinions at the door where it belongs u sir don’t know shit about my son and I’ll appreciate u not responding to anymore of my post ur not a fan but someone who seeks a fight I’m done

Reactions: cgnops
Treed, the important thing is Nojel working on his dunks? I want to see some serious throwdowns with some pizazz.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT