ADVERTISEMENT

Nobody asked Dr. Davenport the tough question

I'm no lawyer, but I just don't see how UTK could possibly owe Schiano anything if no contracts were signed. The worst he can probably do is file some sort of defamation law suit against UTK and therefore force the university to commit resources to defending it. But, as others have pointed out, libel lawsuits are really hard to prove.

I'm no lawyer, but I just don't see how UTK could possibly owe Schiano anything if no contracts were signed. The worst he can probably do is file some sort of defamation law suit against UTK and therefore force the university to commit resources to defending it. But, as others have pointed out, libel lawsuits are really hard to prove.
I don't have any facts, it is just hearsay, but AD Currie supposedly signed the Memorandum of Understanding as did Schiano. If that is the case, it is binding as the AD was acting on behalf of the University. Pay him or negotiate a settlement.

Will Tennessee be on the hook for Coach Schiano?
They did ask about financially paying AD Currie. It was brushed aside.
https://tennessee.rivals.com/news/video-dr-davenport-phillip-fulmer-talk-ad-change-coaching-search
Within the interiew at the last 1 min 25 sec left, they indicated that former AD Currie is suspended & final financial terms have not been finalized. Will he get introduced to a new office like Ryan did? Check out the clip from the office scene.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT