ADVERTISEMENT

No Stephens

Maybe it's because of being spoiled with what we have now but I would really like us to pick up a JC/late signee big body to back up Haas. Haas' size limits his minutes with fatigue. We need someone to come in for 15 minutes a game. Taylor may be able to help some but he isn't a 5 (as I've been scolded for before). He also is still in the "I hope" mode with us.

A graduate transfer that's an athletic 4/5 type of player would be another place to look/hope for a find. I don't think they necessarily have to be a big body in the mold of Haas, Hammons, or Swanigan. I'm thinking maybe a player in the 6'8-6'10 and 220-235 lb range. If they can find a player that's quite a good athlete, mobile, uses good fundamentals and is good defensively (ex: shot-blocking ability), plus has the kind of size that's sought after in a college big (aforementioned examples), that would be a tremendous addition!

yes....I am. Izzo had 60 plus years with his parent. Kendall had how many? I am just saying you gotta be tough. You don't take a 3-game break mid season break and expect to get the minutes you were getting before.
And then there's the fact that Izzo makes $4 million a year to show up every night and coach his team, and Kendall doesn't, but I'm guessing you see no difference there either. Maybe analogies aren't your strong suit, that's cool.

Who is saying he should get the same amount of minutes as he did before? Strawman says ouch.

Reactions: nagemj02
A graduate transfer that's an athletic 4/5 type of player would be another place to look/hope for a find. I don't think they necessarily have to be a big body in the mold of Haas, Hammons, or Swanigan. I'm thinking maybe a player in the 6'8-6'10 and 220-235 lb range. If they can find a player that's quite a good athlete, mobile, uses good fundamentals and is good defensively (ex: shot-blocking ability), plus has the kind of size that's sought after in a college big (aforementioned examples), that would be a tremendous addition!

Sounds like Taylor? He has the ability at least.

Sounds like Taylor? He has the ability at least.

It does, but he hasn't been able to prove yet that he is a known commodity at this level. I hope he can, but it also seems like he is injury-prone, so that might be somewhat stunting his development. In case he doesn't makes strides, it would be good to have another option after Swanigan and Haas as a backup big (a true big, not VE or Smotherman playing the 4) and if it's a senior transfer, it doesn't affect the scholarship situation for 2017-2018.

There isn't going to be any transfers unless a star player wants to come here or a Center to compete with Jacquil

Going from @ 15min a game to zero min a game can't be a fun thing for a good kid like KS.
I really hope he stays, but if I were in his shoes it would be a tough decision. He will be fine
wherever he ends up and I am sure he will do the right thing for himself.

There isn't going to be any transfers unless a star player wants to come here or a Center to compete with Jacquil

You don't know that unless you are a part of CMP's coaching staff, which I have my doubts. There's two scholarships open and one could be used for that. Purdue's frontcourt (players that can play the 4 or 5) rotation next season projects to be V. Edwards, Swanigan, Haas, Smotherman, and Taylor. It would be nice to have one more proven big in case Taylor doesn't improve like we hope he will.

If you want Purdue to win a national title, it's probably going to be with a team that has some players' feelings temporarily hurt because they were passed over in the rotation by other players. That's just the way it goes when aiming for the ultimate goal and being a true contender.

I agree another big guy would be nice but at the same time there are several '17 kids watching and/or considering us too. So make that a 5th year guy who will play a role we want/need.

And then there's the fact that Izzo makes $4 million a year to show up every night and coach his team, and Kendall doesn't, but I'm guessing you see no difference there either. Maybe analogies aren't your strong suit, that's cool.

Who is saying he should get the same amount of minutes as he did before? Strawman says ouch.

He is being paid to play through a scholarship to a B1G university. If it was his parent, I would be a little more forgiving.

He is being paid to play through a scholarship to a B1G university. If it was his parent, I would be a little more forgiving.
You realize Izzo makes 100 times the amount of Kendall's scholarship? Or is math not your strong suit either?

Stephens was smiling and talking to all the players around him. He was genuinely enjoying the game, and being around his teammates. I made point out of looking for him every time they shot the bench. He sure doesn't look dissatisfied or upset at the situation. Maybe Painter told him that they will hit the reset button next year, but this year the rotation is tight.

:cool:

Stephens was smiling and talking to all the players around him. He was genuinely enjoying the game, and being around his teammates. I made point out of looking for him every time they shot the bench. He sure doesn't look dissatisfied or upset at the situation. Maybe Painter told him that they will hit the reset button next year, but this year the rotation is tight.

:cool:
Yep, and I think after the Edwards dunk, Taylor was going nuts!! Hope that is a good sign as well.

I absolutely think he stays. No question. He's a huge Purdue fan from a big Purdue family.

Have you seen the video of when they dumped water on Mathias? He was as happy as anyone else.

I think he just needs to refocus during the offseason, and he'll be a major contributor next year.
Hope your right, I just don't see it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT