ADVERTISEMENT

NIL thought

Jan 19, 2024
How important is/was it that our Boilers are/were in the top tier of college basketball when the NIL was put into place.

I feel like this really helps the teams who are established and playing well at the time of the introduction of the NIL. I think this helps continue to give Purdue longevity nationally because we were established as an elite program and the time of it being implemented. (We clearly will spend the money) but how much of an impact did/will it have that we were in the best era of Purdue basketball when the NIL was implemented.

I really think the timing of the NIL introduction benefits Purdue a lot simply based on timing and could positively affected our program for many many many years to come.

Thoughts?

Example: if we were in the Johnson brothers era and Purdue didn’t have the fan and press support it does today, I feel like the NIL could have crushed the program. Due to the timing and success we’ve had recently, I feel like it will help us take another leap forward where this type of season is the norm for a really really long time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT