ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Travisty

I try to be objective about bad calls regardless of who’s ox is gored. If Purdue (the only football team I care for) had been on the receiving end of such a generous gift from the officials I still would have considered it a travesty because it is an affront to the game as a whole. So please take your team first attitude somewhere else.
I guess a missed hold OLD in the 2nd quarter might prolong a drive and a TD that shouldn’t have been. Missed face mask leads to a scoring drive being stopped that shouldn’t have been in the 3rd. But none of those matter, they couldn’t possibly affect the games outcome.
Anywho, Rams great season will continue in the Super Bowl
As you say, Rams win. They won in a tough venue. I give them credit for winning. The call in question was bad and won the game for them. Would have never got the ball back. Their kicker performed. Their D is good . Good coverage on receivers, their line put good heat on Drew. Not a Pats fan so hopefully they will play well.

At the most critical time of the game, the worst no call that I've seen in over 50 years of watching the NFL.

To be fair, I stopped watching most of it during the Colon Pimpleneck debacle, only watching Drew and da Bears occasionally.

I try to be objective about bad calls regardless of who’s ox is gored. If Purdue (the only football team I care for) had been on the receiving end of such a generous gift from the officials I still would have considered it a travesty because it is an affront to the game as a whole. So please take your team first attitude somewhere else.
Well this is a different angle. All right I feel dirty and will say 2 xtra Our Fathers before cheering for the Rams in the Super Bowl

I guess a missed hold OLD in the 2nd quarter might prolong a drive and a TD that shouldn’t have been. Missed face mask leads to a scoring drive being stopped that shouldn’t have been in the 3rd. But none of those matter, they couldn’t possibly affect the games outcome.
Anywho, Rams great season will continue in the Super Bowl
you make good points, and I acknowledged all of those same things in my previous many quotes. Those things happen all the time and that’s why the NFL should get their shit together. But let’s face it a helmet to helmet hit in the last two minutes of a game-winning drive along with a blatant pass interference needs to be handled properly. Too much on the line. You and I both know the same thing happens in basketball with fouls all throughout the game that are not called. I guess we should just not call any fouls in sports all together and just let them play until the death

Rigged like the WWE. This is why ive b only watched 3 NFL games this year and 0 NBA games.

College is far more enjoyable.
I enjoy college as well, because any football/basketball is better than the alternative. But seriously there are major warts in college basketball you’re choosing to overlook. College football fewer warts.

Well this is a different angle. All right I feel dirty and will say 2 xtra Our Fathers before cheering for the Rams in the Super Bowl

Rule book allows for the Commissioner to have the game replayed at the point of the foul. That would be hilarious if they did.

Wonder how Rams fans will feel when they get hosed in SB and Brady is given at least 3 gift calls?

Last edited:
Reactions: ejs1111
Not as blatantly as that one that gifted the Rams a spot in now a TAINTED Super Bowl. With only two games in the NFL today if that crew is one the NFL’s two best they have a HUGE problem!
Your focus on the refs is baffling, and I hate to say it but very Purdue like. Look at all the whining about the refs on our bball and fb boards after every loss. Always at least one whiny thread is started. I would think that would just suck the joy outta watching any sport. I try not to do it and have encouraged my kids not to. It’s all you’ll tend to focus on, keeping a little tally during the game.

Baffling?...I focused on TWO plays that officials went non-called that decided the winner that were obvious as it happened live to the majority of the viewing audience, the Rams Coach could not even keep a straight face during his post game interview when asked about the play...at least the DB called it like it was, that he interfered to save a TD and was BAFFLED it did not draw a flag!

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I enjoy college as well, because any football/basketball is better than the alternative. But seriously there are major warts in college basketball you’re choosing to overlook. College football fewer warts.

Rule book allows for the Commissioner to have the game replayed at the point of the foul. That would be hilarious if they did.

Wonder how Rams fans will feel when they get hosed in SB and Brady is given at least 3 gift calls?
You don't have to worry about Brady getting the benefit of calls in the SB. He will!

No question the lack of a call took away a likely Saints victory. My complaint is with a system that determines who goes to the Super Bowl via a coin toss. Even college rules allow both teams a shot at scoring in OT instead of winning a coin toss, kicking a field goal and one team's season over.

No question the lack of a call took away a likely Saints victory. My complaint is with a system that determines who goes to the Super Bowl via a coin toss. Even college rules allow both teams a shot at scoring in OT instead of winning a coin toss, kicking a field goal and one team's season over.
In the Saints game both teams did get a chance. Saints failed Rams did not.

Thats actually not how NFL OT works. If the team who gets the ball first scores a TD, game over. However, if they make a FG the other team gets a chance.

As a Packers fan, I've witnessed several missed calls both for and against that helped send us to a super bowl and prevented it. Seattle and Dallas games come to mind.

Rather than giving an apology for a blown call, since this event happens every single year, I would like to see the NFL actually take some action. Maybe place an official in the press booth. Maybe make all plays reviewable. Certainly their sponsorship would love the additional time created for more commercials.

Apologizing for blatant errors is like sending prayers to hurricane victims! What they need is a fix action!

As a Packers fan, I've witnessed several missed calls both for and against that helped send us to a super bowl and prevented it. Seattle and Dallas games come to mind.

Rather than giving an apology for a blown call, since this event happens every single year, I would like to see the NFL actually take some action. Maybe place an official in the press booth. Maybe make all plays reviewable. Certainly their sponsorship would love the additional time created for more commercials.

Apologizing for blatant errors is like sending prayers to hurricane victims! What they need is a fix action!
I'm almost certain the league told the officials to let em play yesterday. Both games were officiated totally different from games up to this point. Swallowing the whistles has led to many missed calls yesterday. It's a shame one of the worst calls in sports history has the league in this scrutiny.

New officials are needed to get these calls right on the field and not having to stop the games for review so often.

Rams totally deserved the victory, the best team by far today. Cry all ya want about the officiating. Saints didn’t have a meaningful penalty called against them until the 4th qt. Refs let them play which I like. Rams overcame barely no contribution from their superstar and the nutso crowd blowing whistles, ringing bells, etc.
OMG!!!

Rams totally deserved the victory, the best team by far today. Cry all ya want about the officiating. Saints didn’t have a meaningful penalty called against them until the 4th qt. Refs let them play which I like. Rams overcame barely no contribution from their superstar and the nutso crowd blowing whistles, ringing bells, etc.

LMAO. Trucking over a player helmet to helmet before the ball arrives is a pretty easy and simple call to make. All of the experts agree the game would have been over. But you're the one that's correct, huh?

Asking cause I do not know for certain, doesn't Hockey have instant replay offsite the quickly makes the correct call and notifies the head Referee?

The part the jumps out at me is the Networks pay Dean Blandino and Mike Pereira to look at and judge the calls. Move their paychecks to not be sourced by the Networks and instead from the NFL. There has to be a simple solution.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT