ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Travisty

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
Not one but two blatant pass interferences totally blown by the officials cost the Saints players in total millions of dollars! The interference on the interception certainly could have been called illegal contact as the Saints receiver changed directions seconds before the pass arrived!

Last edited:
Rams totally deserved the victory, the best team by far today. Cry all ya want about the officiating. Saints didn’t have a meaningful penalty called against them until the 4th qt. Refs let them play which I like. Rams overcame barely no contribution from their superstar and the nutso crowd blowing whistles, ringing bells, etc.

NFL got their West coast team in. Now time to roll out the red carpet for New England.

The fact that there is no recourse for such blatant ineptitude (if not willful) is unacceptable.
It changes the course of history when they blow calls like that. Drew Brees could have won the Super Bowl in two weekends and then sealed off into the sunset into retirement. But it was stolen from him by a car that could have been made by any of those officials but they blew it, just flat out blew it on the biggest stage is

Don't know to many Ram fans and I'm assuming a low tv rating is coming. Also, I think everyone can agree the bad call cost the Saints the victory. If you like it or not you know it did. Plus, there should've been more calls against the Rams. If you defend the bad call it is because you're a Ram fan.

Rigged like the WWE. This is why ive b only watched 3 NFL games this year and 0 NBA games.

College is far more enjoyable.
Agree, the only team I watch are the Saints and only because of Drew Brees. Otherwise NFL football is on watchable and a complete joke

Rams totally deserved the victory, the best team by far today. Cry all ya want about the officiating. Saints didn’t have a meaningful penalty called against them until the 4th qt. Refs let them play which I like. Rams overcame barely no contribution from their superstar and the nutso crowd blowing whistles, ringing bells, etc.
You’re not very intelligent are you? I mean seriously? “Cry all you want”, not crying at all. Not crying at all, just laughing at the NFL game which is a joke. Really? Not gonna make that call? Not only was that pass interference it was a shot to the head helmet to helmet hit, they called it all season long but not on the biggest stage? Joke

I usually don’t complain about the officials, but that was a really bad no call at a really bad time.
Drew didn’t play well today but his line didn’t give him much help either. He had a really bad 4qtr and OT.

You’re not very intelligent are you? I mean seriously? “Cry all you want”, not crying at all. Not crying at all, just laughing at the NFL game which is a joke. Really? Not gonna make that call? Not only was that pass interference it was a shot to the head helmet to helmet hit, they called it all season long but not on the biggest stage? Joke
Oh my, you are simple. Did you not watch the game. With the power of replay you could call a penalty on practically every play. Aikman mentioned several uncalled face mask penalties against the saints during the game. You man up and play through it. Your assertion that the NFL is a joke proves your ignorance. Millions of NFL fans must be wrong

Oh my, you are simple. Did you not watch the game. With the power of replay you could call a penalty on practically every play. Aikman mentioned several uncalled face mask penalties against the saints during the game. You man up and play through it. Your assertion that the NFL is a joke proves your ignorance. Millions of NFL fans must be wrong
The same fans that claimed to not watch another game because of the players kneeling? Were you honestly one of them? It was a flat out blown call that would have won the game for the Saints correct?

Not as blatantly as that one that gifted the Rams a spot in now a TAINTED Super Bowl. With only two games in the NFL today if that crew is one the NFL’s two best they have a HUGE problem!

Now you know how us Packers fan feel. We had the game won until the officials gave it to Seattle.

The same fans that claimed to not watch another game because of the players kneeling? Were you honestly one of them? It was a flat out blown call that would have won the game for the Saints correct?
Are you asking ME if I stopped watching the NFL because of players kneeling? The answer to that question is absolutely no, I continued to watch. I can see where you may have thought it was a blown call. I believe it was a poorly thrown ball that passed behind the DB as he contacted the WR. Rams to the Super Bowl.

Per the NFL they didn’t even wait until Monday to make an announcement:

Per Kimberly A. Martin of Yahoo Sports, Payton said in his post-game press conference that he'd just ended a call with the league office in which the league office admitted that it was a blown call.

And in a season where officiating has been an embarrassment most of the season, this is the biggest blunder of them all.

If this was one of the two best crews in the NFL, since were only two games this week, they need to do some firing and hiring this offseason or change the rules to allow any call or non-call in the last two minutes of the half or end of the game to be challenged.

Are you asking ME if I stopped watching the NFL because of players kneeling? The answer to that question is absolutely no, I continued to watch. I can see where you may have thought it was a blown call. I believe it was a poorly thrown ball that passed behind the DB as he contacted the WR. Rams to the Super Bowl.
Got it! So you saw the DB not turn hit the player high and initiated contact. Thanks! Im glad you understand the rule and it was missed.

Not as blatantly as that one that gifted the Rams a spot in now a TAINTED Super Bowl. With only two games in the NFL today if that crew is one the NFL’s two best they have a HUGE problem!
Your focus on the refs is baffling, and I hate to say it but very Purdue like. Look at all the whining about the refs on our bball and fb boards after every loss. Always at least one whiny thread is started. I would think that would just suck the joy outta watching any sport. I try not to do it and have encouraged my kids not to. It’s all you’ll tend to focus on, keeping a little tally during the game.

Commentators are HIRED by the NFL, they know better if they want their paychecks to continue, plus as I posted the NFL LEAGUE office already agreed it was a blown call!

Got it! So you saw the DB not turn hit the player high and initiated contact. Thanks! Im glad you understand the rule and it was missed.
Yes, contacted the player when the ball arrived, you do get it ( sniffle )

You are a goof-ball at best, yes!

Your focus on the refs is baffling, and I hate to say it but very Purdue like. Look at all the whining about the refs on our bball and fb boards after every loss. Always at least one whiny thread is started. I would think that would just suck the joy outta watching any sport. I try not to do it and have encouraged my kids not to. It’s all you’ll tend to focus on, keeping a little tally during the game.
When you say "Purdue like". That definitely has to be an IU fan.

Commentators are HIRED by the NFL, they know better if they want their paychecks to continue, plus as I posted the NFL LEAGUE office already agreed it was a blown call!
I love it when idiots respond that ‘you have to play through it’
Really? No kidding, kind of elementary don’t you think? No one said you don’t have to play through it..duh. But the POINT IS you shouldn’t have to...only a moron would say ‘there were several missed face mask calls’ not the same thing...’taking out a player on the most critical play of the game in the final minutes is ‘kind of different’ than a missed hold Old in the second quarter. It just gets old

Look at CBS Sports.com or ESPN.com. Their pictures clearly show he was hit before the ball arrived. Even the CB admitted the infraction. Poorly thrown? That's a joke.

Yes, contacted the player when the ball arrived, you do get it ( sniffle )
Lol..even the player playing the ball said he never looked back and knew it was a penalty. You're a fool on a football board talking football. NFL, Player who played the play and coaches all called it a penalty.

I love it when idiots respond that ‘you have to play through it’
Really? No kidding, kind of elementary don’t you think? No one said you don’t have to play through it..duh. But the POINT IS you shouldn’t have to...only a moron would say ‘there were several missed face mask calls’ not the same thing...’taking out a player on the most critical play of the game in the final minutes is ‘kind of different’ than a missed hold Old in the second quarter. It just gets old
I guess a missed hold OLD in the 2nd quarter might prolong a drive and a TD that shouldn’t have been. Missed face mask leads to a scoring drive being stopped that shouldn’t have been in the 3rd. But none of those matter, they couldn’t possibly affect the games outcome.
Anywho, Rams great season will continue in the Super Bowl

Lol..even the player playing the ball said he never looked back and knew it was a penalty. You're a fool on a football board talking football. NFL, Player who played the play and coaches all called it a penalty.
Okey dokey propurdy

I guess a missed hold OLD in the 2nd quarter might prolong a drive and a TD that shouldn’t have been. Missed face mask leads to a scoring drive being stopped that shouldn’t have been in the 3rd. But none of those matter, they couldn’t possibly affect the games outcome.
Anywho, Rams great season will continue in the Super Bowl
I try to be objective about bad calls regardless of who’s ox is gored. If Purdue (the only football team I care for) had been on the receiving end of such a generous gift from the officials I still would have considered it a travesty because it is an affront to the game as a whole. So please take your team first attitude somewhere else.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT