ADVERTISEMENT

New Purdue Basketball Jersey’s dropped

these are still my favorites, of the more recent ones
(except maybe the collar)

050810jajuanjohnson.jpg

60e3b59f9e14b.image.jpg

I don’t hate them, but I don’t love them either. I like them.

Seems like the white set could use more black in the trim of the jersey.

I think the P would have looked better on the lower left leg of the shorts instead of upper right

Interested to see the alternates.

I don’t understand the hate of the cow catcher design. It is a more interesting shape than what the average jersey has and it fits the Boilermaker theme. To me, that is clever. Now it might be that people are tired of it as it is no longer fresh, but no reason to completely crap on it. It is not close to one of the worst looks we have had. If we had never had the cow catcher, and we put it up to a fan vote whether they wanted the new look to be the cow catcher or this new one that we now have- I believe the cow catcher would win.

More importantly to me- if we aren’t wearing blacks or whites, we need to be wearing golds. No more Grey!

I don’t hate them, but I don’t love them either. I like them.

Seems like the white set could use more black in the trim of the jersey.

I think the P would have looked better on the lower left leg of the shorts instead of upper right

Interested to see the alternates.
Here is some black under the new whites.

I don’t understand the hate of the cow catcher design. It is a more interesting shape than what the average jersey has and it fits the Boilermaker theme. To me, that is clever. Now it might be that people are tired of it as it is no longer fresh, but no reason to completely crap on it. It is not close to one of the worst looks we have had. If we had never had the cow catcher, and we put it up to a fan vote whether they wanted the new look to be the cow catcher or this new one that we now have- I believe the cow catcher would win.

More importantly to me- if we aren’t wearing blacks or whites, we need to be wearing golds. No more Grey!
Definitely white, black, or gold (if it's old gold) only.

The cow catchers immediately struck me as gimmicky or too clever by half, something that a mid-major school would wear, and reminiscent of the cartoonish mid-90s jerseys of the Pistons, Sonics, Grizzlies, etc.

I thought the cow catchers were unbecoming; a classic college program like Purdue deserves a classic design, not a gimmick.

The new set is a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Reactions: FirstDownB
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT