ADVERTISEMENT

New OL Commit

I guess this answers our question if we are still going after OL.

Purdue gets involved with junior college offensive lineman
j1bosvvzgao5bnprfzw0

College of DuPage offensive lineman Max Schumann was offered by Purdue last week

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Did a little reading about Fox. He's the 2nd Big Ten offensive lineman to come out of his high school. The first one is in the 2 deeps and getting playing time as a redshirt sophomore right tackle for Minnesota. That kid was also a lightly recruited 2 star with no other Big Ten offers.
Fox added roughly 30 pounds between junior and senior seasons and has a basketball background also. Will be Interesting to see what happens with a couple years in the weight room.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Did a little reading about Fox. He's the 2nd Big Ten offensive lineman to come out of his high school. The first one is in the 2 deeps and getting playing time as a redshirt sophomore right tackle for Minnesota. That kid was also a lightly recruited 2 star with no other Big Ten offers.
Fox added roughly 30 pounds between junior and senior seasons and has a basketball background also. Will be Interesting to see what happens with a couple years in the weight room.
like I said earlier in the week, this is what Tiller did w/ Matt Light although Light was a TE.

In tiller's day, recruiting an undersized lineman and beefing him up to 260-275 pounds was ok. but today, to compete against other power 5 schools, your linemen need to be 300-320 pounds. the concept of redshirting and constant feeding and weight lifting is not always as successful as it was in the past. We need to change our philosophy of recruiting undersized players and trying to beef them up.

In tiller's day, recruiting an undersized lineman and beefing him up to 260-275 pounds was ok. but today, to compete against other power 5 schools, your linemen need to be 300-320 pounds. the concept of redshirting and constant feeding and weight lifting is not always as successful as it was in the past. We need to change our philosophy of recruiting undersized players and trying to beef them up.

I think you're seriously making things up.

Multiple choice - I want your SECOND best answer, because we're not getting Choice A: What would you rather have?

A) Proper size and talent
B) Under-sized and talented
C) Proper size and no talent
D) Under-sized and no talent

Again, give me your second best answer. Answer A is obvious and not feasible for Purdue at this point. Answer D is a trick.

Of the top 30 rated center recruits on 247, 14 of them weigh at or below 280(many at 260). Of the top 30 tackles, 13 of them fit that same weight and of the top 30 guards, 9 of them are in that weight range (including the #1 prospect, who comes in at 260). Adding weight to many linemen recruits is common and necessary regardless of the rating of the prospect.

I think you're seriously making things up.

Multiple choice - I want your SECOND best answer, because we're not getting Choice A: What would you rather have?

A) Proper size and talent
B) Under-sized and talented
C) Proper size and no talent
D) Under-sized and no talent

Again, give me your second best answer. Answer A is obvious and not feasible for Purdue at this point. Answer D is a trick.

I prefer choice E which was not given. I prefer our linemen to be oversized. And then use that first year to develop their skills and get them in shape. In my world you look at how overweight Tre WIlliams was when he arrived at Purdue. But with the Purdue trainers, he both lost weight and got into shape. Why can’t you use that same philosophy for football players?

I prefer choice E which was not given. I prefer our linemen to be oversized. And then use that first year to develop their skills and get them in shape. In my world you look at how overweight Tre WIlliams was when he arrived at Purdue. But with the Purdue trainers, he both lost weight and got into shape. Why can’t you use that same philosophy for football players?

bigs, exactly how many "Tre Williams'" do you think there are out there?

Goodness, brother. You want to take every fat lineman and turn them into a BEAST of a B1G OL.

I don't think you understand.

Keep in mind that a guy like Tre....overweight....was also FREAKISHLY , athletically talented.

Keep in mind that a guy like Tre....overweight....was also FREAKISHLY , athletically talented.
I have the guy you’re replying to blocked, because his posts were causing me data overages on my Verizon bill, but can you imagine what type of LT Tre could have been with that combo of length, power, and quickness?

he used to get called for holding alot in college. That must have gotten corrected.
He shouldnt have been a LT in college. He was learning the position and didnt have the footwork to protect the blindside.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT