ADVERTISEMENT

New OL Commit

Undersized to a point it will take 3 years.

Not recruited to have to come in and play right away or even near immediately. He's a program guy who will likely provide depth in year 3(as a redshirt sophomore) then compete for a lot of playing time in years 4 & 5.
Purdue desperately needs to build and maintain depth, especially on the offensive line. This guy will help to do so.

He's a 3* OT. Yeah the size needs work but there's clearly talent there.
Thanks, I could not find his star rating or any rating at all. But I assumed he was rated or there’s no way they would have pulled the trigger if he wasn’t pretty good

I trust our coaches.

Will we be going after other OL in this class? How many more recruits are we going after?

We know Austin is announcing on the 25th, and most people still expect him to verbal to us. Watkins is still a strong possibility. We were looking at a JUCO DT too. I am assuming that there is going to be some attrition coming to fit in all these additional recruits, since this class was supposed to be a smaller class, but it is not looking that way now.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
I trust our coaches.

Will we be going after other OL in this class? How many more recruits are we going after?

We know Austin is announcing on the 25th, and most people still expect him to verbal to us. Watkins is still a strong possibility. We were looking at a JUCO DT too. I am assuming that there is going to be some attrition coming to fit in all these additional recruits, since this class was supposed to be a smaller class, but it is not looking that way now.
Certainly there will be attrition
CJB and staff Are probably sick and tired of the few certain players and their attitude and work ethic. There’s a reason things did not go right early in the season. It’s probably a combination of things summer control summer not. So, things that can be controlled will be controlled

There is this guy Purdue just offered from Texas that de committed from Arkansas. Highly ranked on 247. Courtland Ford is another one from Texas they are after. Hodges put out a tweet today about 2 Texas linemen have him excited.
Not to trail away from post, welcome aboard to this new OL commit. Glad to have ya.

There is this guy Purdue just offered from Texas that de committed from Arkansas. Highly ranked on 247. Courtland Ford is another one from Texas they are after. Hodges put out a tweet today about 2 Texas linemen have him excited.
Not to trail away from post, welcome aboard to this new OL commit. Glad to have ya.
Nothing wrong with loading up on lineman who can compete, work together to develop their skill set and then provide massive depth for years to come

My post came off as being a dick. Was hoping to get ready to play juco. I'm glad to have him on board the train!

Don't believe anyone thought that, at least I didn't. Grad transfer and juco options still will be an option, and I expect some spots will open up with some attrition in the spring.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
My post came off as being a dick. Was hoping to get ready to play juco. I'm glad to have him on board the train!

Veru few JuCo players are ready to play. Brohm took a number in year 1 and only Zico and Wright worked out, 3 or 4 others contributed basically 0.

Nothing wrong with loading up on lineman who can compete, work together to develop their skill set and then provide massive depth for years to come
No doubt. I have no problem with the guy they got. I’m with you in that they see something in this kid or they wouldn’t have taken him this late with scholarships numbers getting tighter. My point with the 2 Texas OL is that they are still going after some good linemen

Reactions: jmohlman
is it possible he is a preferred walk-on? We've had several other players commit in the past that didn't use a current year scholarship.

You are correct sir.

For confirmation I checked - Keller was a 2 star on both 247 and Rivals. One of my favorite all time Boilermakers.

An aside - calling me sir is like building a two story outhouse. Just doesn't seem to make sense. :) (thanks just the same)

Reactions: BoilerAndy
For confirmation I checked - Keller was a 2 star on both 247 and Rivals. One of my favorite all time Boilermakers.

An aside - calling me sir is like building a two story outhouse. Just doesn't seem to make sense. :) (thanks just the same)
He was the most normal kid you could ever be around. We used to go to the YMCA when school was let out across the street from Jeff high school and he would come over there and play basketball for hours. He was a tall skinny kid not too strong. No attitude nothing.
It was the kind of attitude where you just say everything need to say with your work ethic I don’t think he cared too much about his ranking

Speaking of Keller I was always curious about his strength and nutrition regiment. Seems like he went from scrawny under recruited kid to Hercules in like 2 years.

[QUOTE="An aside - calling me sir is like building a two story outhouse. Just doesn't seem to make sense. :) (thanks just the same)[/QUOTE]
He was Ed McManning your Johnny Carson. Which may be a tad past your time since it was sometime last century. But I got it. Because I'm interested in history and I look up stuff like that. ;)

the de-commitment and commitment and then offering the two linemen from Texas who are significantly bigger and significantly more talented all seems a bit odd. brohm obviously flipped him. but based on his other offers, and the other offers brohm just extended, if he was able to flip him on 10/14, couldn't Brohm have waited a couple more months to see what happens with his other two offers extended?

the de-commitment and commitment and then offering the two linemen from Texas who are significantly bigger and significantly more talented all seems a bit odd. brohm obviously flipped him. but based on his other offers, and the other offers brohm just extended, if he was able to flip him on 10/14, couldn't Brohm have waited a couple more months to see what happens with his other two offers extended?
I think the O-line issues have been so glaring this year this is an attempt to set things right long term. I counted Wisky's O-line players on their roster a few years ago it it was something like 25 or just over that. JMHO, but this is Coach making sure we don't get caught with our O-line down again. Ever.

At 6’6” 275 lbs as he is listed on one service depends on if the plans on him playing Tackle, Guard or Center and if he is an early enrollee on how soon he might play! Center or Guard CAN be a position that a smaller, smart lineman with strong legs could play earlier than at tackle!

At 6’6” 275 lbs as he is listed on one service depends on if the plans on him playing Tackle, Guard or Center and if he is an early enrollee on how soon he might play! Center or Guard CAN be a position that a smaller, smart lineman with strong legs could play earlier than at tackle!
They want him as a tackle. We have 3 interior linemen already committed.

He just seems like a guy if Brohm really wanted him, he could be easily flipped later. It’s not like we’re competing with UW for his services.

Reactions: NotreDameFan5911
He just seems like a guy if Brohm really wanted him, he could be easily flipped later. It’s not like we’re competing with UW for his services.

They also don’t want to offer after another school if any were sniffing around. It tells me they must really like him or they aren’t hearing anything positive from other targets.

They also don’t want to offer after another school if any were sniffing around. It tells me they must really like him or they aren’t hearing anything positive from other targets.

I would agree with the latter. the one Texas lineman who de-committed from Arkansas was a tremendous 4 star athlete. I saw a list of his other offers including Alabama, and it was easy to understand why he decommitted from low life Arkansas.

I saw where Purdue offered both Texas linemen, but we're not warm or really close to being the favorite.

Reactions: pboiler18

I read an interview with his coach. He was asked if Fox would graduate early and the coach essentially said they don’t do that at his school. So I wouldn’t count on enrolling early. The article was pretty positive that he could be 6’6 275 before arriving to Purdue. Still light, but apparently he moves well and Brohm likes that.

Reactions: NotreDameFan5911
I read an interview with his coach. He was asked if Fox would graduate early and the coach essentially said they don’t do that at his school. So I wouldn’t count on enrolling early. The article was pretty positive that he could be 6’6 275 before arriving to Purdue. Still light, but apparently he moves well and Brohm likes that.
he'll RS. Maybe CJB going w/ the Matt Light model here. I'm sure CJB still sees those psu rush ends go by our tackles like our guys were in cement.

I think the O-line issues have been so glaring this year this is an attempt to set things right long term. I counted Wisky's O-line players on their roster a few years ago it it was something like 25 or just over that. JMHO, but this is Coach making sure we don't get caught with our O-line down again. Ever.
Dale Williams just followed Jeremiah Crawford on Twitter. He’s a JUCO tackle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT