ADVERTISEMENT

New caravan

indy35

All-American
Dec 14, 2006
Leaving Honduras apparently. Some of you guys (SDboiler, Twindegrees,Topsecret) may want to get to the store ASAP for milk and bread to hunker down. Once Fox News decides the Republican Party doesn’t need a huge distraction, they’ll stop talking about the caravan, then you’ll know the danger has passed and it’s safe to come outside.

Leaving Honduras apparently. Some of you guys (SDboiler, Twindegrees,Topsecret) may want to get to the store ASAP for milk and bread to hunker down. Once Fox News decides the Republican Party doesn’t need a huge distraction, they’ll stop talking about the caravan, then you’ll know the danger has passed and it’s safe to come outside.

Isn't the first caravan stuck in Tijuana Mexico? I wonder if the Mexican Government will try harder to keep them out of their Country this time?

I live less than ten miles from the TJ border crossing. It is a living hell down here every day and the impact of the migrant caravan on Americans living here is simply tremendous.

Reactions: mk_peters
I live less than ten miles from the TJ border crossing. It is a living hell down here every day and the impact of the migrant caravan on Americans living here is simply tremendous.
My family and I where planning a trip to San Diego, but we have cancelled based on your post. Thank you for your service during this humanitarian crisis.

Reactions: gr8indoorsman
I have a scenario for those people who seem to be OK with people breaking into our country.

I am sure that many of you own a single-family homes and some of those also have fences around their yard to keep the dog and kids in, neighbors out, etc.

How about I climb over your fence and pitch a small tent in the far corner away from your house. I am quiet and cause no problem. After a few weeks you come out in the backyard and noticed that I have hooked up both a water hose to your outside water faucet and an extension cord to the outside electrical outlet. Next, a few weeks later I have a second tent and now my mother and father are living with me in my little commune. A few more weeks go by and I knock on your door and ask you if I can borrow your car because I need to run to the store........

How many people on this board would be so accommodating?

I have a scenario for those people who seem to be OK with people breaking into our country.

I am sure that many of you own a single-family homes and some of those also have fences around their yard to keep the dog and kids in, neighbors out, etc.

How about I climb over your fence and pitch a small tent in the far corner away from your house. I am quiet and cause no problem. After a few weeks you come out in the backyard and noticed that I have hooked up both a water hose to your outside water faucet and an extension cord to the outside electrical outlet. Next, a few weeks later I have a second tent and now my mother and father are living with me in my little commune. A few more weeks go by and I knock on your door and ask you if I can borrow your car because I need to run to the store........

What color is your skin?

My theoretical single family house does not sit on others’ land nor involve topology where building my theoretical fence is impossible, etc. I feel very strongly that people need to obey the law and not be allowed to”jump the line” so I am totally and completely against illegal immigration. At the same time, I am against an enormously expensive wall that one can climb over, cut through, tunnel under, etc. I totally approve of spending the money necessary to deal with illegal immigration including illegals who overstay their visas but I do not think that a “wall” is the right answer.

Then you volunteer to house and feed them with your own resources you feckless ninny.

Reactions: boilerjohn
My theoretical single family house does not sit on others’ land nor involve topology where building my theoretical fence is impossible, etc. I feel very strongly that people need to obey the law and not be allowed to”jump the line” so I am totally and completely against illegal immigration. At the same time, I am against an enormously expensive wall that one can climb over, cut through, tunnel under, etc. I totally approve of spending the money necessary to deal with illegal immigration including illegals who overstay their visas but I do not think that a “wall” is the right answer.

Walls are part of the solution, not all of the solution. A 2000 mile wall is rediculous but more is needed per people who deal with the issues and existing walls need to be upgraded.

Hey Indy. I’m waiting for your response.

Walls are part of the solution, not all of the solution. A 2000 mile wall is rediculous but more is needed per people who deal with the issues and existing walls need to be upgraded.
I agree with you - we need to use the best possible solutions, whatever those are. I personally, wish that we knew more about the work of ICE with all illegal immigrants. I never hear or read about what is being done or not done with people who over stay Visas. I also think laws need to be changed to deal with the problem.

comparing private property to political borders isnt that great.

if we do though, we could apply similar requirements and examples to private property 'owners'.
we would need to ask the government's permission for any of the guests to our property. who can visit, when, for how long etc.

Last edited:
comparing private property to political borders isnt that great.

if we do though, we could apply similar requirements and examples to private property 'owners'.
we would need to ask the government's permission for any of the guests to our property. who can visit, when, for how long etc.

I think it is totally relevant. The US is sovereign property with defined boundaries for the use of its citizens. As the owner of my personal property I have the right to determine who is on my property. If someone trespasses on my property the authorities will ask me if it is posted clearly so people know they are trespassing. They will also tell me that I should have the property fenced if I am serious about enforcing the laws.

Can you identify a single person who has stated that they are "OK with people breaking in to our country?" You lose credibility for everything after that sentence, because you aren't acknowledging the real debate. People are debating how best to protect our "house," not whether or not to protect it at all. You even acknowledge in your hypothetical that a wall is not a good deterrent because people can climb over it.

Can you identify a single person who has stated that they are "OK with people breaking in to our country?" You lose credibility for everything after that sentence, because you aren't acknowledging the real debate. People are debating how best to protect our "house," not whether or not to protect it at all. You even acknowledge in your hypothetical that a wall is not a good deterrent because people can climb over it.

I wish that were true. Ever heard of sanctuary cities? People on this board are not debating how to stop illegal immigration. They are using it to bash Trump. Virtually all of the politicians who are now against it voted for it more than once. People on this board are saying we need to have more compassion for people "fleeing violence". Countries without borders and other groups like the are trying to undermine our sovereignty.

regarding the fence in my example your are right. It may have to be strengthened if it doesn't do the job. That is what responsible people do. Take action.

I can't respond to your beck and call. In this scenario, If I had a tent there for people to live, and they were paying me to be there, it's a different situation. It's just not really a good comparison you're trying to make. You really thought you had such a good point you couldn't wait for me to see it? lol. I get it, the propaganda has convinced you the dirty foreigners are leeches on society.

I can't respond to your beck and call. In this scenario, If I had a tent there for people to live, and they were paying me to be there, it's a different situation. It's just not really a good comparison you're trying to make. You really thought you had such a good point you couldn't wait for me to see it? lol. I get it, the propaganda has convinced you the dirty foreigners are leeches on society.
Of course they wouldn’t be paying. I thought you would add some real insight into this. Of course it’s relevant. It’s puts you in the role of having to make a decision about what to do.

This hypothetical is a good comparison because it affects you and your property and you are the decision maker. I thought you would add some reasonable dialogue. I guess not.

As the owner of my personal property I have the right to determine who is on my property.

yes... but not if you want to start equating private property boundaries to a nations political boundaries.

if you do that, you will relinquish your current freedom to visit who you want & when. your rights would shift to the government - you will fill out the paperwork, pay the fees, have a waiting period, etc etc.
then you may get gov. approval of who could visit you, when they could visit, how long they could visit and vice versa.
this is the other aspect/outcome if you start treating it like a nations political boundary.

Last edited:
Reactions: BuilderBob6
Of course they wouldn’t be paying. I thought you would add some real insight into this. Of course it’s relevant. It’s puts you in the role of having to make a decision about what to do.
Are you trying to say that illegal immigrants are getting free housing or just shacking somewhere without paying someone to live there? Illegal Immigrants aren't paying various taxes while they're here? Of course they're paying money to live in this country and contributing to the bottom line.

Are you trying to say that illegal immigrants are getting free housing or just shacking somewhere without paying someone to live there? Illegal Immigrants aren't paying various taxes while they're here? Of course they're paying money to live in this country and contributing to the bottom line.

No and No.

yes... but not if you want to start equating private property boundaries to a nations political boundaries.

if you do that, you will relinquish your current freedom to visit who you want & when. your rights would shift to the government - you will fill out the paperwork, pay the fees, have a waiting period, etc etc.
then you may get gov. approval of who could visit you, when they could visit, how long they could visit and vice versa.
this is the other aspect/outcome if you start treating it like a nations political boundary.

I’m not equating Private vs Gov boundaries. The point was that if we, as individuals encountered a situation like I described on our property where, without permission, someone started living on my land, using my services, would we accommodate them? I wouldn’t. That aligns with my thinking on illegal immigration. It’s illegal.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
I’m not equating Private vs Gov boundaries. The point was that if we, as individuals encountered a situation like I described on our property where, without permission, someone started living on my land, using my services, would we accommodate them? I wouldn’t. That aligns with my thinking on illegal immigration. It’s illegal.
ok. my response was to your initial comments about fencing/walls/property.

if you're concern is more about accommodation:
that's less an immigration issue. the root issue is the welfare system.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT