ADVERTISEMENT

Negative verses Negativity

No, I'm pretty sure I've posted on this board longer than you have and anyone that has followed this board regularly for the last several years knows that I make positive contributions as well. I admit that I have "negative" criticisms at times but to act like that's all I post shows how off-base and/or unaware (or wishing it was true) you are about my time posting on this board.
As others have pointed out, you used to post a great deal of positive material. Then you went from day to night and anything positive that you post is far overshadowed by the negatives. It has been pointed out to you by multiple people multiple times, but you don't get it.

Ask yourselves, how did hammer and rails and 24/7 get their start?
I agree with most of what you say. But I don't understand this question in the context of your lengthy posts in this thread. Do you believe that H&R started because of negativity in this forum?

I'll take a more positive shot at it, since I started following H&R when it first started. They got their start because Travis has a love for Purdue sports and the internet. And he thought he might make a little money at it.

In the past, new forums were proposed to be spun off from this one because IU fans were given free reign on this board by moderators. Now THAT is where you'll find negativity.

My main comment was meant to say many sports forums have died because posters started attacking other posters rather than talking sports. The ESPN sports forum was HUGE - mostly professional sports. But it got ugly. There were a lot of trolls, and even with moderators, and becoming a pay site, it got out of control. A lot of its posters went to realgm to post when it died. I've visited peegs forum a couple of times, but never posted there. Peegs has more drama than information.

in the past GBI had a good reputation on other boards, and many posters on other boards would quote GBI or would secretly post the insider info. As boards go, GBI is mostly positive.

I started going to hammer and rails because it had a lot of good information and it was free. I've posted on their forum without any problem. For the most part, I go to forums to seek information. In the 90's I used forums to obtain an edge in playing fantasy games. I would usually find info on prospects and injuries and lineups before any other league members. Forums were a useful tool.

Reactions: nagemj02
As others have pointed out, you used to post a great deal of positive material. Then you went from day to night and anything positive that you post is far overshadowed by the negatives. It has been pointed out to you by multiple people multiple times, but you don't get it.
I had to break my commitment to avoiding this thread simply to respond to your post and say how correct you are and I wish I could give it more 'likes'. He acts like this thread is the first time he has ever been called 'negative' which as you pointed out is not reality. He either chooses to ignore it or simply doesn't get it either no matter how many people tell him about it.

Remember the whole 'zone' topic that he got so bent out of shape over? That is a prime example of him ignoring things and just continually posting negativity. He has even been called out for purposely making threads that were backhanded digs at CMP and their only intent for existing here on this site was to foster negativity.

Funny thing is, I think by now the majority of this site has said similar things to him that you have and we can see now that it isn't going to change anything. I have to wonder how he can ignore something so many have called him on and have backed it up with facts. Is he just that arrogant? Is he just that oblivious? Who knows.

From my perspective after I post this reply I will be putting nag and the creator of this thread on ignore anyway. They clearly have nothing of worth to add and it will help clean up their garbage so I don't have to waste time scrolling over it.

But I will say that this thread is nothing more than the equivalent of some old guy yelling 'get off my lawn' to a bunch of kids then getting all cranky when they flip him off. That sums up this thread, nag and the OP rather well I think.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
I had to break my commitment to avoiding this thread simply to respond to your post and say how correct you are and I wish I could give it more 'likes'. He acts like this thread is the first time he has ever been called 'negative' which as you pointed out is not reality. He either chooses to ignore it or simply doesn't get it either no matter how many people tell him about it.

Remember the whole 'zone' topic that he got so bent out of shape over? That is a prime example of him ignoring things and just continually posting negativity. He has even been called out for purposely making threads that were backhanded digs at CMP and their only intent for existing here on this site was to foster negativity.

Funny thing is, I think by now the majority of this site has said similar things to him that you have and we can see now that it isn't going to change anything. I have to wonder how he can ignore something so many have called him on and have backed it up with facts. Is he just that arrogant? Is he just that oblivious? Who knows.

From my perspective after I post this reply I will be putting nag and the creator of this thread on ignore anyway. They clearly have nothing of worth to add and it will help clean up their garbage so I don't have to waste time scrolling over it.

But I will say that this thread is nothing more than the equivalent of some old guy yelling 'get off my lawn' to a bunch of kids then getting all cranky when they flip him off. That sums up this thread, nag and the OP rather well I think.
I have kind of enjoyed watching the budding bromance develop. They have a kindred spirit. I'm just glad they have finally found someone of like mind.

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
ok , well, there you have it. what are the odds I was not placed on ignore, and I will receive a response to this post? if I am truly on ignore, there will be no reply. if there is a reply, he will be showing his true colors once again. And when posting on other threads, it will be interesting to see if I am on ignore in those other threads as well. You should never make promises you have no intention of keeping. And a false promise is often called a falsehood.

As that old guy Clint Eastwood would say,

Reactions: nagemj02
a-positive-post.jpg

BBG,
I have read Wolegibs thesis on negativism from cover to cover. I have also studied the subsequent adendums.
I am qualified to say that your post is in fact a negative post, not a positive one because you made a joke which side tracked the thread. Don't hook that up to red without apologizing first. It might blow up.

Reactions: tjreese and BBG
Keep in mind that some cars are set up the opposite way, where everything runs through the negative and not the positive (red) lead.

Reactions: tjreese
BBG,
I have read Wolegibs thesis on negativism from cover to cover. I have also studied the subsequent adendums.
I am qualified to say that your post is in fact a negative post, not a positive one because you made a joke which side tracked the thread. Don't hook that up to red without apologizing first. It might blow up.
I've very sorry for sidetracking this thread with a positive post about a positive post!

Some younger people have never seen a car battery especially when stupid dads like me take care of maintenance stuff for their daughters. Let alone jumper cables. Daughter said, "Oh, they are colored for a reason?"

I converted a few years ago a tractor that was 6volt positive ground to 12 volt electronic ignition negative ground. What happens when someone gets black and yellow or white cables and only looks at color? :)

I remember when MLK said he wished for a world that would judge the cable size and clamps of a jumper rather than the color of the cable.

Keep in mind that some cars are set up the opposite way, where everything runs through the negative and not the positive (red) lead.
do you recall when chrysler products wheel lugs were reversed threaded. clockwise loosened and counter clockwise tightened?

Yes I do and there were other cars where depending upon which side of the car the wheel was on the lug threaded differently.

Reactions: tjreese
Deep DISH PIZZA !!!!!!!!! Something we can all agree on. unless that's a lasagna secretly hiding vegetables and healthy foods. .

Reactions: Dakota Girl

It's fascinating that Wolegib mentioned how reasonable the H&R forum is compared to this one. Someone on that board mentioned the same thing in a thread, and they named two posters who are "toxic" to this board. One of those named is Nagemj.

It's fascinating that Wolegib mentioned how reasonable the H&R forum is compared to this one. Someone on that board mentioned the same thing in a thread, and they named two posters who are "toxic" to this board. One of those named is Nagemj.

I would ask what my reputation is like on the hammer and rails forum, but then I'd have to give away my identity

Honestly, if Nagemj went away, who would the grandpa "I used to coach bball" posters rag on? Who interjects the zone zingers into every thread more often, Nagemj or the anti zone gestapo? This board can be fun, but man some of you guys need to take a serious look in the mirror and come down off your high horses, or at least be a little more honest with yourselfs. Oh my gosh, this guy proposes we do something differently then what we've been doing for 40+ yrs. He thinks we could do better then our current coach, gasp!! Off with his head! We need to gang up on him like a bunch a 3rd graders on the playground. I give him credit for sticking to his guns. That is all my droogs

Honestly, if Nagemj went away, who would the grandpa "I used to coach bball" posters rag on? Who interjects the zone zingers into every thread more often, Nagemj or the anti zone gestapo? This board can be fun, but man some of you guys need to take a serious look in the mirror and come down off your high horses, or at least be a little more honest with yourselfs. Oh my gosh, this guy proposes we do something differently then what we've been doing for 40+ yrs. He thinks we could do better then our current coach, gasp!! Off with his head! We need to gang up on him like a bunch a 3rd graders on the playground. I give him credit for sticking to his guns. That is all my droogs
Sticking to your guns is one thing. Derailing other people's threads with remarks showing his hatred toward Matt Painter is another. Stick around. You'll see what we mean. Every single Purdue fan I know would like to see the Boilers perform better on the court. But most of us can discuss it without chanting a mantra that often times has nothing to do with the OP's topic. Even in the 3rd grade it would be considered rude.

I'll assume you consider me part of the elderly grandpa brigade. I am an old coach, and now I coach local youth sports. I always teach man but I use some zone with the right personnel. Most of the people on here who coached or played a bit more advanced levels than average know that a zone is not a cure for slow feet or poor help man defense. The fundamentals are the same either way. If you suck at man, you will suck at zone.
My personal issues with Nags do not stem from his desire for zone.
I do agree with you that Nags gets hammered down now for almost anything he says which is not fair. But you will have to consider that he earned it and it will take some time for the vitriol to subside.
As far as forty years of Purdue playing the same way. What Painter does now is not the same as what he did 10 years ago. It's nothing like Keady's D.
Just offering a different perspective while acknowledging that the unprovoked snipping on Nags carcus should be backed off. I have actually been hitting the like button on some of his stuff lately. I think he's mellowing in his old age.

Reactions: rjmpu82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT