ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Spring Game

I mentioned the issues above. You mentioned one player and an incident that happened almost a decade ago. I mentioned 5 incidents of Purdue players. and those were only the ones that I as a casual fan knew about. If you're going to bad mouth another team, how about we start a conversation about our own athletes with police records, and how our Purdue administration looked the other way or gave them 1-3 game suspensions. I get very tired of Purdue fans constantly pointing their finger at other team's players as if Purdue is squeaky clean and has never had any problems. to me, punching your roommate in the mouth is a big deal. Imagine if the roommate was female instead of being male. Stealing lap tops is a big deal. a DUI is a big deal. As I said, the issues I identified were the ones I know about. I have no idea what Barlow is admitting to, nor do I want to know. I'm confident if you go back in time 20-30 years like you did for Philips, you'll find just as much on Purdue players as well.

QB Mark Herrmann didn't even receive a suspension for his actions. While it wasn't major, it did show up in a police blotter, and he was guilty. however, he was too valuable of a player to serve any type of suspension, so the coach and administration both looked the other way and allowed him to play.

What did Robinson receive? Cline?

the thread was about Nebraska fans supporting their team.

Completely agree. No fan base should be throwing rocks. There have been more than a few violent and nonviolent crimes committed by Purdue players.

Remember fan bases climbing all over Jamis Winston when he took some seafood off of the counter at a grocery store? Remember Rod Woodson when he got busted for swapping price tags at a local store?

Reactions: pboiler18
We each have our own beliefs as to what constitutes a serious crime. And for every person you name who has committed a serious crime, I can name 100 whose names never make the media. There is no school that is completely without sin or corruption. Each school does the best they can. Just because one person fails and breaks the law doesn't mean you as a fan should stop being loyal to your school.

A lot of crimes were committed at PSU and MSU. I don't condone the crimes or the actions of a few. However, a lot of good also came from those schools. For each school it is better to celebrate the good than to point fingers at the bad. As Will Rogers once said, if all you want to do is look for the bad in people, you shall surely find it.

I was at the hospital ER yesterday to have an X-ray of my knee. A teenage boy was also there with a policeman. He was lucky. He survived his automobile crash with minor injuries. His passenger was not as lucky. I never saw her. I saw her family. You may say a dui or taking drugs and driving isn't a serious crime. On the other hand, I've seen the results more than once! Life is special. I know. I almost lost mine on more than one occasion. Don't waste it.

there seems to be a positive correlation between attendance at Spring games and national Championship contenders. And my guess is true that there is an equal correlation between low attendance and losing teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT