ADVERTISEMENT

Nebraska Message Board Game Thread (Selected Excerpts)

Apr 30, 2015
Corpus Christi, Texas
It was a great win for the Boilermakers and institutional-grade depression for the Corndogs! Read'em and weep!!

90 minutes to kickoff and we have some good news on the injury front. Fidone will suit up today for the first time this season after offseason knee surgery.

This is a must win!

56-0 Huskers.

This team couldn't beat Little Sisters of the Poor 56-0, let alone a Big Ten opponent.

We need to contain Bell. He is a stud of a receiver. If we don’t contain him, he can beat you.

Yeah......Bell vs any LB is not a wise choice

Karlaftis sitting there salivating

3rd down here comes the middle cross wide open

Is Purdue 7-0?

No but they did stay at a Holiday Inn last night…

Good - got them to punt.

Let’s see what mistakes Martinez makes here to kill our opening drive defensive stop.

Time to run it down their throats!

Martinez is terrible. Almost a pick 6. When does he leave?

Martinez should be a runner only. Either option, option read, etc. the guy should never throw a pass.

We’re getting beat like a drum on that right side…

Scott just needs to let Ice T behind him call the plays.

#69 was getting punched in the jaw/face by Purdue on the last play…

Two weeks to work on a sneak is the new wrinkle for the offense.

OMG! We actually went under center on 3rd & 1, and got it easily! You see - football isn't that complicated.

MSU wins.

Looks like Harbaugh will be in the transfer portal soon.

I don't think dropping into coverage vs Purdue is the answer.

How do you leave DAVID BELL uncovered?

That’s one way to handle the Bell problem…just ignore it!

Giving Bell free releases is a heck of a game of Russian Roulette.

Well, look who's missing FGs now!

I never thought I would enjoy an opponent missing a field goal so much. Frost made me appreciate the little things in football.

There's the Martinez moment!

And why not.....3 year captain, 4 year starter in a must win game... Aww!!!

S#!t. That was an AWFUL throw, Adrian.

AM threw that perfect!

Martinez giveth, Martinez taketh away!

There goes Adrian "the problem period" Martinez into the end zone.

I don't know what's funnier. ESPN hyping Martinez' "redemption moment" moments before he throws a pick-six, or all the Martinez haters HATING on the guy moments before he scores after engineering a pretty good drive.

Purdue hasn't been able to run all year. We shut down Walker, a Heisman candidate. But there's no holding going on in the trenches. RIIIIIGHT

So much for Purdue's "nonexistent" run game!

Was the front 7 late waking up again this morning?

Anyone wanna cover Bell???

Frost and company aren't comfortable until they can "coach" from behind.

New FG kicker. Hopefully he builds his confidence with that make.

Game should be 21-7.

That's our identity.....Confuse the opponents by stopping ourselves..

Why does my gut tell me this is one of those games where we look like the superior team but somehow don't have the most points when it hits 0:00.

I give you Adrian Martinez. Whole side of the field to work with. Receiver with 4 steps. Overthrow. Good god.

Either way, big missed opportunity for Nebraska at the end of the half.

Horrible start there, but great bailout punt by Pryzstup!

Refs bailing out Purdue again!

Is this our most return yards of the season? We got like 20 on that earlier kickoff and 10 or so there. Special Teams!!!!

PICK! But by the wrong team.

Is Martinez playing for Purdue?

All the athletic ability in the world and kind of dumb!

I'm gonna put my tinfoil hat on and just say a lot of the existing Big Ten officials resent Nebraska as historically he best of the new kids on the block and allow it to influence their calls during games.

I love how everyone pretends Martinez is some great QB all week then on Saturdays he's toilet.

Defense says, "Fine, I'll do it myself."

Whelp, here we are again. Time to take control against an inferior opponent (on paper). We have to kick down the door sometime.

Can we apply to the MAC?

Keep in mind they had two weeks to prepare this poopshow.

Offensive line straight up quit playing in 2nd half.

A game of chess going on in the Purdue headsets and Frost has a riveting game of guess how many fingers going on in his.

We should be THROTTLING these guys!!!

Ah, yes, the classic "up by 3 but feels like a two score deficit." Husker...powwwwer?

Should be winning by 17!

Time for Martinez to deliver the death blow and throw a pick or fumble.

That was a weird defense on the TD. It looked like CTB was trailing Bell in man coverage and everyone else was in zone. Clearly it opened up a huge gap in the back of the endzone.

Purdue is a better team than us today.

The Martinezing will continue until morale improves.

Big Red Ed has no heart left.

Sometimes I wonder if the coaches/players bet on these games and then intentionally lose them, to make money.

Is it just me or does Purdue’s last 3 quarterbacks all look the same? This guy looks like Blough.

At this rate I’ll take Frost walking out of the job after the game and the interim coach stripping Martinez of his scholarship.

Can you still count a lose as a morale victory if its by 2 scores?

Here comes Martinez making some big 70 yard play to get us back to 28-24. But don’t worry we still lose.

I know it looks bad now, but there's still time for the offense to figure it out and get this back to a one-score loss.

Getting embarrassed by Purdue dink and dunk and Martinez foolishness. No answer.

I think this game will seal Frost's fate as Nebraska's head coach.

There's still ten minutes left in this game. How is that possible?

I think he takes us down & makes it a one score game. That's been his specialty. Late, meaningless scores.

The only way to offer hope and end apathy with fans is to fire Frost and give someone else a try. Even if we would win this game, the fact that we are struggling against a team like Purdue in year 4 is a sign Frost has not done what he was supposed to.

Time to bench Frost!

Update on Nebraska's second-half drive chart:
- Three-and-out
- Interception
- Three-and-out
- Punt
- Three-and-out
At this point, this is a complete and utter systems failure from all aspects of Nebraska football. #Huskers have gained 26 total yards in the second half.

Martinez is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas, Purdue.

Never mind my last post. Probably was gas...

Purdue did that 3-and-out on purpose. Purdue wants Martinez on the field as soon as possible.

And another INT. Like clockwork.

I blame it all on Martinez's bad hair cut.

ONE SCORE LOSS! ONE SCORE LOSS! ONE SCORE LOSS!!!

LOL one score loss! We did it.

I love this team!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News