ADVERTISEMENT

Neal's Health

KentuckyBoiler

All-American
Jul 6, 2011
I was shocked to see that Neal is not 100% yet. Is anyone else surprised?

I believed that he had surgery in December 2018, so he is not that far away from 2 years now. Maybe, he will never be back to 100%? I hope he is close to be 100%, because we really need his size and talent in the middle to open up George on the outside.

Among the chief goals: reduce big plays, create turnovers, improve vs. the run. A key player for this defense to reach its goals: Tackle Lorenzo Neal. The fifth-year senior missed 2019 recovering from knee surgery. Now, he's back. But Neal still isn't full-go.

"We are still making sure we police how many reps he gets and making sure he is 100 percent ready to go," said Brohm. "I would not say he’s 100 percent as far as being ready to play tomorrow. But I think he’s very close. He’s out there and he’s working.

"It’s important that we get him to the game healthy, that he feels good, because he’s a very, very talented player and when he’s in there, it makes a big difference.”

Has nothing to do with the health of his knee. He's talking about being 100% from a football perspective. Rusty and conditioning lacking. Hasn't played in almost 2 years.

Reactions: Bayou Boiler
I was shocked to see that Neal is not 100% yet. Is anyone else surprised?

I believed that he had surgery in December 2018, so he is not that far away from 2 years now. Maybe, he will never be back to 100%? I hope he is close to be 100%, because we really need his size and talent in the middle to open up George on the outside.

Among the chief goals: reduce big plays, create turnovers, improve vs. the run. A key player for this defense to reach its goals: Tackle Lorenzo Neal. The fifth-year senior missed 2019 recovering from knee surgery. Now, he's back. But Neal still isn't full-go.

"We are still making sure we police how many reps he gets and making sure he is 100 percent ready to go," said Brohm. "I would not say he’s 100 percent as far as being ready to play tomorrow. But I think he’s very close. He’s out there and he’s working.

"It’s important that we get him to the game healthy, that he feels good, because he’s a very, very talented player and when he’s in there, it makes a big difference.”
Could be wrong but I read that more as him still working his way into game shape.

Has nothing to do with the health of his knee. He's talking about being 100% from a football perspective. Rusty and conditioning lacking. Hasn't played in almost 2 years.
Yeah the last thing we want is to over stress that knee 4 weeks before the opener. Slow and steady at this point.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT