ADVERTISEMENT

Names of Possible New Head Coach

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
A lot of names have been floated around, some good, some bad, some possible, some improbable....what's your idea of who we might hire....If MB2 fails at his first couple I would consider giving a run at the Patriots OC Josh McDaniels!

Reactions: nagemj02
If it weren't for the seriousness of what he allowed to happen he would be a name considered but I would be absolutely shocked if Purdue would consider him!

A lot of names have been floated around, some good, some bad, some possible, some improbable....what's your idea of who we might hire....If MB2 fails at his first couple I would consider giving a run at the Patriots OC Josh McDaniels!
Jeff Scott, jeff Brohm, PJ Fleck.

If it weren't for the seriousness of what he allowed to happen he would be a name considered but I would be absolutely shocked if Purdue would consider him!

With the Title IX advisor stepping down because she wasn't allowed to do her job...that leads me to believe that this went higher up and they were trying to protect their 'golden goose.' When things went South, they tried to save themselves at the expense of their football program and HC.

Giving out ones that most don't mention (Fleck, Miles, Schiano).

Philip Montgomery, Tulsa. Tulsa won 5 combines the 2 years before Montgomery. They won 6 and went to a bowl in his 1dt year. They're 4-2 this year and just lost 38-31 to #11 Houston. Looks to be on the path to another bowl. Innovative O (Baylor style).

Bob Stitt, Montana. Innovative O Coach who's won at Colorado School of Mines and now Montana. Knows how to do more with less. Respected in coaching circles for his offenses.

Mike Norvell, Memphis. Former ASU OC. Runs a great offense. Took over a Memphis team that lost a 1st round QB and still has them at 5-1.

Bryan Harsin, Boise State. Don't know if he'd be willing to leave Boise, he was born there and played there. But he's young and is proven. Was the OC for Boise during the time they went to 2 Fiesta Bowls and won them. As OC for them he was 61-5. And as a HC he's had a 34-11 record (1 Year at Ark State was 7-5, and at Boise he's been 27-6).

Depending on who gets fired, I'd go after Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Gundy if they get canned.

Philip Montgomery, Tulsa. Tulsa won 5 combines the 2 years before Montgomery. They won 6 and went to a bowl in his 1dt year. They're 4-2 this year and just lost 38-31 to #11 Houston. Looks to be on the path to another bowl. Innovative O (Baylor style).

Bob Stitt, Montana. Innovative O Coach who's won at Colorado School of Mines and now Montana. Knows how to do more with less. Respected in coaching circles for his offenses.

Mike Norvell, Memphis. Former ASU OC. Runs a great offense. Took over a Memphis team that lost a 1st round QB and still has them at 5-1.

Bryan Harsin, Boise State. Don't know if he'd be willing to leave Boise, he was born there and played there. But he's young and is proven. Was the OC for Boise during the time they went to 2 Fiesta Bowls and won them. As OC for them he was 61-5. And as a HC he's had a 34-11 record (1 Year at Ark State was 7-5, and at Boise he's been 27-6).

Depending on who gets fired, I'd go after Kliff Kingsbury and Mike Gundy if they get canned.
Mike Norvell was the guy I was touting last year.

Reactions: Travisty13

Harsin is good and the fans here love him (except they bitch he can't put teams away) but I'm just so leery of up and comers young guys now. Tainted I guess.

Brian Lindgren o/c at Colorado and Brent Venables d/c at Clemson

If Venables takes a head coaching job anywhere, it will be at Kansas State, his alma mater, when Bill Snyder retires--which will be in the next year or two.

When an AD hires a new head coach, do they still have a say in who the assistants and coordinators will be or is that left up to the new HC to decide? Just curious, because I don't know exactly how that all works itself out.

When an AD hires a new head coach, do they still have a say in who the assistants and coordinators will be or is that left up to the new HC to decide? Just curious, because I don't know exactly how that all works itself out.

I think that was one of the big issues with Hazell. Burke essentially forced him to hire a whole new staff...he wasn't really allowed to bring this old staff which is probably why the team sucked so bad that first year and put them behind the 8 ball even more.

Harsin is good and the fans here love him (except they bitch he can't put teams away) but I'm just so leery of up and comers young guys now. Tainted I guess.
Boise State fans are just spoiled. They've had some great HCs come through there. Koetter, Hawkins (though he failed outside of Boise), Petersen. Petersen definitely spoiled them with all his success.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT