ADVERTISEMENT

Name Your Final Four

DCBoilers

Redshirt Freshman
Jun 7, 2015
Let's have some fun discussing who we have in the Final Four and who will be the National Champion. Time to get this discussion started.

West: Iowa
East: Michigan
South: Purdue
Midwest: Illinois

Title Game: Purdue vs MI

National Champ: Purdue

Darkhorses: Okla State, Texas Tech, St Bonaventure, Ga Tech

The Purdue as champ scenario is definitely a homer move, but as I went through the entire bracket I don't think having all 4 teams coming from the B1G is out of the realm of possibilities. The matchups definitely could play out this way. Of the four teams, I would have the most questions about MI, given the injury to Livers. If Iowa shooting gets hot, then they could make a move.

Let's have some fun discussing who we have in the Final Four and who will be the National Champion. Time to get this discussion started.

The Purdue as champ scenario is definitely a homer move, but as I went through the entire bracket I don't think having all 4 teams coming from the B1G is out of the realm of possibilities. The matchups definitely could play out this way. Of the four teams, I would have the most questions about MI, given the injury to Livers. If Iowa shooting gets hot, then they could make a move.
Same but swap Iowa and Gonzaga.

Regional Champions
Gonzaga (West)
Texas (East)
Ohio State (South)
Illinois (Midwest)

National Semi-Finals
Gonzaga over Texas
Illinois over Ohio State

Championship Game
Gonzaga over Illinois

Sleepers - Oklahoma State, Purdue, West Virginia
Super Sleeper - Texas Tech

If iowa makes the final four I'd streak through cary quad all the way to the gymnasium.

They might make it to the elite 8 because they got a pac 10 draw but if they lose to Oregon I wouldn't be surprised. I'll bet Oregon to cover for sure. Iowa is too soft

Gonzaga, Texas, Purdue and Illinois. Illinois takes down Texas in the Final. Next year is our Boilers year, but I would be fine to be wrong THIS year.

Regional Champions
Gonzaga (West)
Texas (East)
Ohio State (South)
Illinois (Midwest)

National Semi-Finals
Gonzaga over Texas
Illinois over Ohio State

Championship Game
Gonzaga over Illinois

I said in another post that I hope Mich State takes out UCLA, then BYU, then Texas, then loses to Maryland. One can hope.

Gonzaga, OSU, Illinois, Alabama, Illinois beating the Zags to win it all. Purdue is a year away, one game at a time lets win on Friday and Sunday to stay alive. NC and Wisky could both knock Baylor out in round 2...Wisky has older guys that sometimes plays in this format, NC has bigs that could give an undersized Baylor team trouble if their shooting is off.

Gonzaga, OSU, Illinois, Alabama, Illinois beating the Zags to win it all. Purdue is a year away, one game at a time lets win on Friday and Sunday to stay alive. NC and Wisky could both knock Baylor out in round 2...Wisky has older guys that sometimes plays in this format, NC has bigs that could give an undersized Baylor team trouble if their shooting is off.

Go to Bartovik (T-Rank) and filter on just the time since Baylor came back from their COVID break, his metrics have them as like the 48th best team or something with the 190th defense. So they are still an elite offense but their defense just hasn't been there for awhile.

I think Baylor may be the #1 seed that peaked too early and gets bounced, happens pretty much every year.

Regional Champions
Gonzaga (West)
Texas (East)
Ohio State (South)
Illinois (Midwest)

National Semi-Finals
Gonzaga over Texas
Illinois over Ohio State

Championship Game
Gonzaga over Illinois

This matches mine, except I have Purdue beating OSU in the E8 to take the last spot in the FF. Homer pick :)

TTU is my only non 1-4 seed that I don't have in the S16 this year.

And my E8 has two 1s, two 2s, two 3s, two 4s.

Regional Champions
Gonzaga (West)
Texas (East)
Ohio State (South)
Illinois (Midwest)

National Semi-Finals
Gonzaga over Texas
Illinois over Ohio State

Championship Game
Gonzaga over Illinois

Same final four here. I liked it better when I thought I was in the minority on texas. That game with bama might decide a lot of brackets.

And yes I'm just posting to try to get all the IU posts moved down

IA
TX
PUR
ILL

TX
ILL

ILL - Champs

I don't think UM gets by FSU - TX takes that Region.

I think IA is tougher than the Zags - IA takes that one.

I think we can beat NC, BAY, VILL, whomever to get to the E8, and I think we can beat O$U or TXTech to get to the F4.

ILL is a beast.

Iowa was outclassed in the noncon against the Zags. Not even close to being tougher.

Not saying IA can't win but Zags were dominant in the first meeting.

I had that exact Final Four. In my official bracket, I picked Illinois to win, but will obviously cheer for my bracket to get busted once I get to the final four.

IA
TX
PUR
ILL

TX
ILL

ILL - Champs

I don't think UM gets by FSU - TX takes that Region.

I think IA is tougher than the Zags - IA takes that one.

I think we can beat NC, BAY, VILL, whomever to get to the E8, and I think we can beat O$U or TXTech to get to the F4.

ILL is a beast.

I listened to the pundits on FSU all.year and bet on them every time they lost. I think this version of FSU is lacking some punch of the other uber athletic editions.

I think if they get to UM, the Wolverines can beat them even without livers. I think it's between Texas and Alabama in that region (unless livers returns to form).

I did a special Purdue revenge tour bracket just for the Fans of Purdue group on ESPN

Final Four of Virginia, BYU, Purdue, Illinois

Purdue wins the championship over Virginia in vengeance for the Carsen game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT