ADVERTISEMENT

My “Just give me player X” team

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
As I think of some of the stuff we’ve seen this year, and really since 03, I began thinking ...

What is my all time team where “yeah we will have Stars at this position or that position, but if you just give me this player and nothing more at this other position .. and we have 22 guys like that, we can win a lot of games.”

I kinda get this from watching Northwestern and Iowa. Both schools win a lot of games cause they just don’t seem to have any players who struggle at the big ten level.

So, I started following in 98, here’s my team.. the best of each of these players.

QB Joey Elliott
RB DJ Knox
WR Aaron Valentin
WR Antavian Edison
WR Randall Lane
TE Charles Davis
OT Will Bramel
OG Matt McCann
C Kirk Barron
OG Matt Turner
OT Jordan Roos

DE Kevin Nesfield
DT Anthony Watts
DT Jake Replogle
DE Danny Ezechekwu
LB Joe Odom
LB Jason Loerzel
LB TJ McCollum
CB Anthony Brown
S Ralph Turner
S Adrian Beasley
CB Brandon King

I know that there may be players where some people are like “he played in the league..!” My goal is to find the player at position where it should be reasonable to expect the coaches to get a player of similar value .. solid starter.

So where are my expectations too high or too low? Help me manage my expectations

Reactions: Roeder
I'd take that secondary every year. Really miss Knox too. Horvath is playing well as he physically can, but an explosive RB like Knox added an extra gear to this offense that is missing.

Edison was a guy who had 15 different QBs throwing to him (hyperbolic but not by much) over his career and was still pretty productive. He was great at finding holes in zone coverage. Would have loved to seem him play with a more stable QB situation.

I came to Purdue in the fall of 99 but I don’t remember Loerzel which is surprising to me.

I would add Jaycen Taylor (RB) and Anthony Heygood (LB after converting from FB).

I'd take that secondary every year. Really miss Knox too. Horvath is playing well as he physically can, but an explosive RB like Knox added an extra gear to this offense that is missing.
I really liked that kid. He is my second favorite Purdue back behind Alstott.

I liked Kerrigan, Alstott, Light, Keena Turner and Stu! Of that group I could care less what their incoming recruiting rating was. Of that group I believe Stu was probably the only one who was ranked higher than 3 stars when he arrived. When they came to Purdue, they gave it everything they had!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT