ADVERTISEMENT

MSU VS Purdue Predictions

PU52Chevy

All-American
Jul 18, 2006
I say it will be a close game with swings of 5 to 7 points each way.....each team will go on small runs....maybe hit a couple threes back to back or something.

Foul shooting and rebounding and who can hit the best percentages of threes will win this one.

I look for PJ, Davis, Mathias, Cline, Edwards and Stephens (yes I think he hits at least 2 threes tonight) to all play well and feed the post and not turn the ball over.

The key matchup will be our 3 spot....Edwards if he plays solid, hits a couple threes to keep the defense honest and rebounds and makes his free throws will be the difference......

Just needs Biggie to cancel out his man...and rebound.

AJ and Haas just need to play solid....get MSU in foul trouble and get into the bench.....

I say Purdue 69 MSU 64.......close one and a good one.

Boiler Up!

70-67 Purdue in a meat grinder.

Painter can't let Izzo's whining to the refs get un challenged. MSU has played Purdue very physical in the post and the refs let them get away with it. I still remember JJ getting hammerred all day in the BTT. No calls. If they don't call it underneath than let RD hammer Valentine a couple of times and moan to the refs that it isn't ok to hammer our bigs if it isn't ok to play physical on the perimeter.

Reactions: MJ-79Boiler
If we lose, then the armchair coaches will be out on every account they have preaching there massive amounts of coaching experience. :p

If we win, it will be rather quiet here. :)

Joking aside, the good guys by 4... as already noted, Izzo whines and pouts the whole game.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
Purdue 71-63. MSU gets in foul trouble and Izzy blames the loss on the homer refs. He calls the Big Ten and asks for an investigation that a certain guardian paid the refs off. Go Boilers!

Painter can't let Izzo's whining to the refs get un challenged. MSU has played Purdue very physical in the post and the refs let them get away with it. I still remember JJ getting hammerred all day in the BTT. No calls. If they don't call it underneath than let RD hammer Valentine a couple of times and moan to the refs that it isn't ok to hammer our bigs if it isn't ok to play physical on the perimeter.
That's college basketball in 2016. Soft on the outside, rough in the middle. Prepare to be frustrated with the officiating yet again.

Purdue 76 Michigan State 68 This will be a slugfest, with a lot of fouls underneath. (FT percentage should favor us)

Realistic pick- MSU 75 Purdue 67. We can talk about rebounding or 3 pt shooting or whatever, but the fact is MSU has beaten Kansas, Louisville and Maryland this year. They are used to playing in and winning their share of tough games. They are not unbeatable as Iowa did handle them twice like they did Purdue. We haven't beaten anyone ranked, or really even close. Until we show some mental toughness and the ability to hang with a top team, I have a hard time picking us, even at home.

Hopeful pick, Purdue 72, MSU 58- AJH dominates like he is capable of, BIggie commits no TO's and collects 15 rebounds, Stephens comes back fired up and nails 6 of 8 3's.

I disagree. I consider the Maryland loss close. They really only pulled away with their FTs in the last 1-2 minutes. We played a good game against them, but obviously we still need to learn to finish.

I should have clarified... "We haven't beat anyone ranked, or really even close" to being ranked would have been more complete. My fault. Pitt and Florida I don't think are even getting votes anymore. I saw meatchicken got 1 vote in the AP top 25. We haven't beat a legit, consensus top 35 team this year, so picking us to win against a legit top 10 team who is more physically and mentally tough as well as battle tested and proven to be able to win big games seems a stretch to me. Hope we pull it out in spit of all that.

I say it will be a close game with swings of 5 to 7 points each way.....each team will go on small runs....maybe hit a couple threes back to back or something.

Foul shooting and rebounding and who can hit the best percentages of threes will win this one.

I look for PJ, Davis, Mathias, Cline, Edwards and Stephens (yes I think he hits at least 2 threes tonight) to all play well and feed the post and not turn the ball over.

The key matchup will be our 3 spot....Edwards if he plays solid, hits a couple threes to keep the defense honest and rebounds and makes his free throws will be the difference......

Just needs Biggie to cancel out his man...and rebound.

AJ and Haas just need to play solid....get MSU in foul trouble and get into the bench.....

I say Purdue 69 MSU 64.......close one and a good one.

Boiler Up!
Boilers by 4

I think this is our turn to beat a higher-ranked team. AJ will get payback for Costello muting his impact last year. Ray will give everything he has to win this one; I don't think he's beaten MSU has he? Last chance. Shooters will hit enough shots, but one key to that will be to mix things up... fake & drive sometimes so they don't guard too close, for example. We need to take good shots (& hit them). And ya, play defense.

I don't think we'll blow them out, but we'll win... by 3 is my guess.

If we lose, then the armchair coaches will be out on every account they have preaching there massive amounts of coaching experience. :p

If we win, it will be rather quiet here. :)

Joking aside, the good guys by 4... as already noted, Izzo whines and pouts the whole game.

No. You won't be quiet at all. LOL If we win, all you rainbow warriors will be pumping chests and mocking everyone else with passive aggressive posts. LOL. You hypocrite!! With that being said....I sure hope you get the chance to gloat your asses off.

Reactions: cprh9u
If we don't bring the intensity to this game we lose. We have to play this game like it's our last game. Whomever wins the 50/50 ball, leaves every ounce of energy on the court, wins.

This team is too talented to not have a signature win, especially at home.

Purdue 77
MSU 67

Last thoughts before tip-off: Purdue will have to match or exceed msu aggressiveness, will have to push back when pushed; Painter likewise can't let izzo get all the whine time with the refs.

We've lost 18 straight against top ten teams. This is possibly our best chance and I think if we play a full 40 minutes with the crowd behind us we can win. I'm hoping that we come out with fire in our eyes because we need a good win to give us confidence for the rest of the schedule and march.

I predict Purdue wins in OT 82-81. Ray Day seals the deal with FT's.

:cool: (TIC of course!)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT