ADVERTISEMENT

Mockobee

Hopefully hes back. Lewis did not look bad for us though. Think we could survive without him if need be

Lewis did look good. Mockobee is at the next level and it would be nice to have him in the Bucket game. Mockobee and nice weather for Aiden and we could score a lot.
I guess I didn’t think he looked that good. 3.8 ypc against northwestern is not very good. We ran for 31 yards the second half on about 15 carries which was 2 ypc roughly. That’s terrible. he didn’t seem to find any open holes like mockobee does or find that next level. We seemed to run into a wildcat wall a lot. NU leads the big ten in yards given up.

So is King done for the year? Still on the team? Haven’t heard or even seen him in weeks! Did anyone see him go through senior day?

Correct call by the Zebras but another non-call in the Michigan-Illinois game has me wondering…on a crucial fourth down play in Michigans last drive they threw an short pass in the flat across the line of scrimmage while a Michigan receiver was blocking the defender about 10 yards down field. I thought the rule was the catch had to be behind the line of scrimmage! Can anyone clarify the collegiate rules on thi?

Correct call by the Zebras but another non-call in the Michigan-Illinois game has me wondering…on a crucial fourth down play in Michigans last drive they threw an short pass in the flat across the line of scrimmage while a Michigan receiver was blocking the defender about 10 yards down field. I thought the rule was the catch had to be behind the line of scrimmage! Can anyone clarify the collegiate rules on thi?

Posted Bielema's reaction on FDB's division thread. This would normally be textbook OPI except for a codicil to the conference rules:

In games with Ohio State and/or Michigan affecting a CFP qualifying spot (i) officials will have full discretion to disregard any penalty other than targeting and (ii) tie-breaker rules can be retroactively changed.......

I guess I didn’t think he looked that good. 3.8 ypc against northwestern is not very good. We ran for 31 yards the second half on about 15 carries which was 2 ypc roughly. That’s terrible. he didn’t seem to find any open holes like mockobee does or find that next level. We seemed to run into a wildcat wall a lot. NU leads the big ten in yards given up.
The quality Mock has that our other backs don't is that shiftiness and balance getting through the hole. Our guys seem to just go down at first contact whereas Mock is able to keep going.

The quality Mock has that our other backs don't is that shiftiness and balance getting through the hole. Our guys seem to just go down at first contact whereas Mock is able to keep going.
Also seems like aiden was not prone to check down to the others like he does to baby giraffe. It would have been helpful yesterday with the wind to have a reliable check down.

The quality Mockobee has is vision. Downing is just OK, but he can't see holes and essentially runs up the linemen's ass on a lot of plays. Lewis has better vision than Downing, but just doesn't have the shiftiness that Mockobee possesses. The fact that this kid sat essentially at the bottom of the depth chart while we played Downing earlier in the season makes me wonder about our coaches...

what is the definition of power backs? Backs that cannot make people miss? They are that. King too I guess. no speed, no moves = power backs. We have had a lot of them.
What else would you call them? I’d classify them as 215+ and are put together. KD and Downing are not considered fast for the Big10. Probably better known for power?

If you’ll recall we put Anthrop, a WR, to run the ball back there. Probably to add a little speed and catching ability. Mockobee and Tracy are our version of the speed back. Although I’m not sure about the high end speed of either one.

Reactions: purduepat1969
Random thought of the day: Mockabee and Carson Steele would be a fantastic duo. That Ball State RB is something else. A better version of Horvath. Sure hell be transferring up after this season.

Random thought of the day: Mockabee and Carson Steele would be a fantastic duo. That Ball State RB is something else. A better version of Horvath. Sure hell be transferring up after this season.
Center Grove product. You must have watched the same game I did. He looked tough (went out with a concussion protocol?) but I don't know how he would do against BT linemen and LB's. Could pull a walk-on to PT, especially at one University that I know.....

Center Grove product. You must have watched the same game I did. He looked tough (went out with a concussion protocol?) but I don't know how he would do against BT linemen and LB's. Could pull a walk-on to PT, especially at one University that I know.....
I mean hes ninth in the country in yards. I think he'd be worth a look if in the portal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT