ADVERTISEMENT

Minutes over/under

StickPurdue

Junior
Sep 17, 2016
Indianapolis
what do you think the over under minutes are today for:

Grady? I would like to see the over under at 20, but right now the over is probably the only thing anybody would take.

Cline? 30. It depends on his shooting (hopefully), but his shooting has been cold and he has been taking way too many jumpers. I would say it will probably be the over, but against Ohio, this may be the last/best chance to test/tweak a roster. I will hope for the under.

Haarms? 12 minutes? He got 11 last game and his minutes have appeared to go down. Not to mention Williams went off. So this would hinge on whether you think Painter will get Williams 10+

Williams? I would set it at 10, but it will probably take 18-20 to keep me from commenting it isn’t enough.

Wheeler? I would set this at 10 minutes. He had a monster game that essentially got us the W against Maryland and then quickly logged a sub 10 minute game. As long as Grady is in, Purdue will have one of the worst (if not the worst) perimeter defenses in the Big. I hope... an adjustment is made. Just not confident in the over here.

Ideally, Wheeler and Grady would have the same number of minutes, Williams will have more minutes than Haarms, and Cline will be closer to 20-25 minutes. The biggest question mark would be who takes Cline’s minutes. If Cline struggles from 3, there isn’t a reason to have him in for more than 20 minutes. He has been a killer to the team when he is off. Sasha has been better, but he isn’t going to get you 15-20 like Cline is capable of. He just won’t chuck them up 8-10 a game. Hunter is close, but it’s been quite the learning process. It’s possible to play wheeler at the 3 and go for a more athletic lineup, but It’s Painter we are talking about here.

After the last game Purdue needs a reset. Would love to see Painter spice it up. He just doesn’t have the history of doing that. Anybody agree or disagree with where the over/unders are for tonight?

We could give more minutes to underclassmen to develop as a team, if given chance (when up by bunch).

Eric/Trey/Wheeler/Sasha/ need more time for sure.

Boiler Up!!

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT