ADVERTISEMENT

Milwaukee 102.9 talking Purdue Football this a.m.

MilwaukeeBoilerFan

All-American
May 29, 2001
Drew Brees & Kyle Orton discussions of them owning the Packers!

Tim Murray (morning sports guest) and ND lover dreaded the days of ND playing Purdue as both QBs had good success drilling them. Thanks again to both QBs and Joe Tiller. If JT could get ND down, he'd put his foot on their throat. Though Joe was a Catholic, there was no love of ND. ;)

Reactions: TheGunner
Drew Brees & Kyle Orton discussions of them owning the Packers!

Tim Murray (morning sports guest) and ND lover dreaded the days of ND playing Purdue as both QBs had good success drilling them. Thanks again to both QBs and Joe Tiller. If JT could get ND down, he'd put his foot on their throat. Though Joe was a Catholic, there was no love of ND. ;)
Tim definitely hated the 2004 game at South Bend then.

Did the Brees and Orton discussions just happened? I had not heard anything about it. Brees obviously has the money, but I am surprised that Orton does.

Did the Brees and Orton discussions just happened? I had not heard anything about it. Brees obviously has the money, but I am surprised that Orton does.
Orton invested his earnings very wisely.

I still find it hard to believe that anyone would be able to get control of the packers. Those shares would have to be purchased at a hell of a premium.

Funny play on owning. Ha. :)
Their point was how Brees and Orton beat Packers time & again. Orton on sub-average teams of Bills and Chiefs would beat good Packer teams.
Yes, Tim Murray made specific note of 2004 Purdue vs ND game that was loaded with TDs and No Interceptions.
Last side note, a discussion of the Royals (Harry and Merkle) came up and said when they show up to a RAMS game in LA with facepaint & Jim Everett jersey then they would be like normal people. Gotta love all the Purdue references this a.m. when they are die-hard Badger and Packer fans.

Funny play on owning. Ha. :)
Their point was how Brees and Orton beat Packers time & again. Orton on sub-average teams of Bills and Chiefs would beat good Packer teams.
Yes, Tim Murray made specific note of 2004 Purdue vs ND game that was loaded with TDs and No Interceptions.
Last side note, a discussion of the Royals (Harry and Merkle) came up and said when they show up to a RAMS game in LA with facepaint & Jim Everett jersey then they would be like normal people. Gotta love all the Purdue references this a.m. when they are die-hard Badger and Packer fans.
Sorry, yes, I definitely interpreted “owning” wrong.

I still find it hard to believe that anyone would be able to get control of the packers. Those shares would have to be purchased at a hell of a premium.
The funny part of that is Packers have issued common stock twice to fans in the last 25 years, those common stocks are just a piece of paper only.
You get no profits or dividends, no tax deductions, Transfer restrictions & Limited influence.
Every year they have a shareholder meeting at Lambeau Field that allows you to pay to get a hot dog, soda or beer and listen to what they intend to do. That is it.
There are preferred stock owners, yet who are they is more secretive than than the Free Masons or Illuminati.
Common stock just gets the roots deeper to not allow the sale to another city which is good for Wisconsin as a whole.

https://shareholder.broadridge.com/pdf/gbp/gbp_2011_offering_document.pdf

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT