ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Parris commits to..

Coach Ersland is doing a very good job. But when it comes to wrestling recruiting big guys go to schools who have track records of producing big guy champs. Purdue wasn’t even in the final 6 schools for MP. But it’s not like they weren’t recruiting him hard. Just never going to be able to sell a top five big guy in the country to come to Purdue until we either. Have someone really out preform their ranking or hire a coach known for that.

Coach Ersland is doing a very good job. But when it comes to wrestling recruiting big guys go to schools who have track records of producing big guy champs. Purdue wasn’t even in the final 6 schools for MP. But it’s not like they weren’t recruiting him hard. Just never going to be able to sell a top five big guy in the country to come to Purdue until we either. Have someone really out preform their ranking or hire a coach known for that.
he is doing a really good job, but Michigan doesn't produce many Nat'l Champs neither, they're not psu, osu, Minn., or Iowa. Didn't know we didn't make his final 6, that's a shame for being an instate kid who wants to major in something that Purdue is known for. Who was his final 6 anyway? thanks.

Michigan produces big guys right now. Purdue just doesn’t have the coaching for him. He could have went to any school he wanted. Pretty sure his top 6 was Neb, Mich, IU, NW, NCst, and VT I think. At UM he has one of the best heavyweights in the country to wrestle and train with for the next five years.

Michigan produces big guys right now. Purdue just doesn’t have the coaching for him. He could have went to any school he wanted. Pretty sure his top 6 was Neb, Mich, IU, NW, NCst, and VT I think. At UM he has one of the best heavyweights in the country to wrestle and train with for the next five years.
would that be Luke Ready? I will be checking out their team in November when they visit Lehigh.

Adam Coon redshirted the 16-17’ season. He should be back competing this year. He took NCAA runner up as a sophomore and 3rd as a junior. Before his injury last year. He was the main reason Paris selected UM. Being able to train and be coached by him. I see Paris as staying smaller even tho Wrestling HWT like Kyle Snyder from OSU.

Speaking of wrestling football players, I don't see Shawn Streck (Merrillville heavyweight state champ) listed on the football roster. Did he ever play football for PU? I thought he was going to do both. Is he still wrestling at PU?

Was an absolute beast in both sports for 4 years at Merrillville.

Speaking of wrestling football players, I don't see Shawn Streck (Merrillville heavyweight state champ) listed on the football roster. Did he ever play football for PU? I thought he was going to do both. Is he still wrestling at PU?

Was an absolute beast in both sports for 4 years at Merrillville.

Appears he is still wrestling

http://www.purduesports.com/sports/m-wrestl/mtt/shawn_streck_1026136.html

Do remember him being listed on a spring roster as a true fresh but since then haven't seen him there

Reactions: 4IUSox2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT