ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Gillis enters transfer portal

I can't believe Purdue is willfully giving up a player that Duke wants. Who thought that would ever happen?
That's the type of team that needs him IMO. Cooper Flag and all those 5 stars will need some grit and experience on that roster.

It all depends on what Mason wants though. Best education? Same role he had at Purdue on a contender playing 20 mins or so? Or going somewhere where he might have clear path to a ton of minutes, but not have as much team success.

I'll miss Mason a ton and wish him nothing but the best. Sad to see him leave, but understand how it was handled and hope this paves the way for Furst to have a great Sr year and Heide the chance to breakout with those minutes opening up. Will cheer for him wherever he goes.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
That's the type of team that needs him IMO. Cooper Flag and all those 5 stars will need some grit and experience on that roster.

It all depends on what Mason wants though. Best education? Same role he had at Purdue on a contender playing 20 mins or so? Or going somewhere where he might have clear path to a ton of minutes, but not have as much team success.

I'll miss Mason a ton and wish him nothing but the best. Sad to see him leave, but understand how it was handled and hope this paves the way for Furst to have a great Sr year and Heide the chance to breakout with those minutes opening up. Will cheer for him wherever he goes.
Great point. Kentucky would have been scary good with Gillis pulling the young one-and-dones together.

I admittedly don't know everything about this. But, if I had a choice, I think I'd encourage Caleb Furst to transfer before Mason Gillis. Maybe Mason wants to go. Maybe Mason's departure makes more sense for roster balance.

I admittedly don't know everything about this. But, if I had a choice, I think I'd encourage Caleb Furst to transfer before Mason Gillis. Maybe Mason wants to go. Maybe Mason's departure makes more sense for roster balance.
Gillis has to go. We’re oversigned WITH him, Morton, Edey, and Lance leaving.

We need an underclassman to go off scholarship, in addition to them.

On the rumor of Duke being involved, I’ve only seen like 2 tweets about it. Perhaps it is true but feel like there would be more national folks talking it up.

Reactions: Heads up BOILER
On the rumor of Duke being involved, I’ve only seen like 2 tweets about it. Perhaps it is true but feel like there would be more national folks talking it up.

It's possible. They went after Ryan Young 2 years ago and he's gone now. Gillis is definitely a better option than him.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It's possible. They went after Ryan Young 2 years ago and he's gone now. Gillis is definitely a better option than him.
He makes sense from an experience and toughness - something they have lacked. Gillis isn’t a fake tough guy like Filipowski who trips people and pretends to get injured during a court storming.

Reactions: Hausta01
Is there any way Mason can stay at PU?? I mean, are we really gonna be OK with our B1G 6th man going to freaking Duke?? That's ok w CMP?

Morton goes to Ohio U? Cool.
Mason to Duke?!? Nah...

I can't keep up with all this BS.

edit; "we knew he was done", "no scholly"....blah blah blah. My questions above are still valid. Dump Waddell.

Last edited:
Is there any way Mason can stay at PU?? I mean, are we really gonna be OK with our B1G 6th man going to freaking Duke?? That's ok w CMP?

Mason to Duke?!? Nah...

edit; "we knew he was done", "no scholly"....blah blah blah. My questions above are still valid. Dump Waddell.
No, I think it’s time for Mason and Morton to move on. He will be great at Duke or wherever.

Mason to Duke?!? Nah...

If we keep Mason, we would have to “dump” TWO underclassmen, not just one.

Painter isn’t doing that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT