ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Gillis enters transfer portal

With Edey, Gillis , Morton, and Jones not returning, does Purdue have to have one more transfer to make room for the incoming recruit class?
Unless there’s some rule we aren’t aware about, we need a scholarship to be given up by someone. Whether it be via transfer portal or playing as a walk on or some other option.

Reactions: TC4THREE
Mason Gillis is a great Boilermaker, a true student-athlete who sacrificed for his team, learned from his mistakes, and gave his all every second he was on the floor -- the embodiment of the "Play Hard" ethos of the Keady/Painter era.

He was absolutely vital to the success of the program these last few years.

He will always be one of my favorites to have worn the Purdue uniform, and I hope that he finds success in all of his endeavors.

Isaiah Thomas. A real legacy. You got nothing. Not a damn thing. Ouch that stings. Zero titles.

Isaiah crushed you in college and crushed you in the NBA. Title city boys! We do it on all levels!

Once again you are put in your place. A lot of yapping with no substance to back it up!

WHEEEEEEWWWWWEEEEEEEE BOYS! Owned again.
what a sad little man

Reactions: Purdue80
An incoming freshman can’t hit the portal.

Brilliant knowledge of basketball. But then again, you guys think you won a championship while losing by 15.
That guaranteed another March sitting at home in the trailer watching Purdue, eh Indinia Nation?

I wish you guys would win something, I actually do.

Instead you make me waste my valuable time coming over to this disgraceful board and putting all 10 of you in your place with a dose of reality.

Please win something so I can rest.
You going to make another 6 accounts today?

Instead you make me waste my valuable time coming over to this disgraceful board and putting all 10 of you in your place with a dose of reality.

The only thing you are accomplishing here is making us all glad we aren't loosiers fans.

But congrats on being the poster child for why inbreeding is illegal.

Just so we are all on the same page. Nobody is "making" you come over here and post anything.

Reactions: BBG
Okay hearing 2 names to watch for in Mason’s next school.

1. Gonzaga - he and Mark few are fighting who gets to drive after a night at the bars

2. Northwestern - the students are ready to surround him with open arms

Okay, I’ll see myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: Hausta01 and BBG
It would have been nice as I believe he gave Purdue all he had but he has or will have his degree and maybe the opportunity to play more at another school. The very same regarding Morton!
I think he has undergrad and MBA if I’m not mistaken.

Go get a Masters in Public Health - the most in-demand degree post COVID.

Gillis is NOT going to play for Hurley - no way. Hurley is a ..... Notre Dame, Wisconsin or Butler are my guesses.

Gillis is NOT going to play for Hurley - no way. Hurley is a ..... Notre Dame, Wisconsin or Butler are my guesses.
I don’t think Gillis goes to another B1G school. Maybe go play for one of the former Purdue assistant coaches? I’m sure he’ll generate lots of interest.

I'm hoping to see him with Shrews at Notre Dame.
Mason at Notre Dame makes all kinds of sense to me. Shrews as the head coach, is obvious.
Also, he may complete one graduate degree while still enrolled at Purdue. Having a second graduate degree from Notre Dame, an outstanding academic university with an incredible alumni network, would bring additional lifelong value to him.
Mason was absolutely my favorite player on the last four Purdue teams. I wish him the very best in basketball and in life!

I don’t think Gillis goes to another B1G school. Maybe go play for one of the former Purdue assistant coaches? I’m sure he’ll generate lots of interest.
I also don't think he goes to another BIG10 team , I 'll say nd, Butler, and Creighton

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT