ADVERTISEMENT

Mason Gillis Appreciation Thread

Gillis highlights

tenor.gif

Unsung hero has his day at Mackey.....congrats MG.
he'll have other good nights but that was a career night! way to go Mason, it was areal pleasure watching a performance like that. As most of you guys know I'm a Pa. native and when we play them it's a big deal for me. If we lose to them it's all over the news stations and it really rubs into me, bad enough in football. Anyway great night Boilers and and a sweep of their old team. Here's to you Mason

One of my favorite Boilers, and who fits Gene Keady's "company men" description to a tee. But tonight he was special in a huge way, breaking the 3 record in Mackey.

So happy for him, and he deserves it. BRAVO Mason Gillis👏👏👏
He was B10 Freshman of the Week a couple of times ane we felt he had this in him. But WOW!

Anyone on this team can go off at any time, especially if they are ignored in the scouting report.

Wonder what his season% from 3 is now?
Team leader?

He is at 40% - 26/65, after going 9/12 tonight. Braden Smith was leading the team, but he went 1-6 tonight, and is also @ 40%.

Purdue went 14/31 tonight, which gets 'er done.....they're slowly heating up to a nice temperature......good timing - will be interesting to see how Saturday afternoon goes.

One last note - forgot that one of Mason Gillis' misses tonight was the running launch just past half-court to end the first half, and his first miss did everything but go down.....oh what a night.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I appreciate Gillis every game he plays. Dude plays so insanely tough and smart every single play. Tonight he made the shots when called upon. He is the type of player who pushes a team over the edge for a title.

Ultimate Lunch Pail and glue guy, Mason Gillis.....you look back at how much he persevered though high school injuries....just continues to work and help the team......which I totally respect and appreciate for what he does for the team and Purdue program.......usually under-the-radar, but man was he flying high tonight!

Lunch-Pail.jpg

It’s “so Purdue” that with all the shooters who have come through, the most 3s in Mackey record holder is a lunch pail, glue guy off the bench. I have really enjoyed watching him play since he got here. Thanks, Mason. Congrats on a career night!

It’s “so Purdue” that with all the shooters who have come through, the most 3s in Mackey record holder is a lunch pail, glue guy off the bench. I have really enjoyed watching him play since he got here. Thanks, Mason. Congrats on a career night!
Absolutely true. The only thing more Purdue would have been if Grady Eiffert had done it. And I believe he could have if the circumstances had lined up correctly. It says so much about the guys Painter recruits and the system he has built.

Absolutely true. The only thing more Purdue would have been if Grady Eiffert had done it. And I believe he could have if the circumstances had lined up correctly. It says so much about the guys Painter recruits and the system he has built.
let's not get carried away here, anyhow Gillis was amason last night

I just saw this in the Purdue NIL store:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT